SHOWTIME

The last time I checked.........

quote:
Originally posted by Mmmmhhhhmmmm:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by SHOWTIME:

....we have the best (I mean we're #1) considering all teams that had major trades during the off-season.

1)Magic 24-9

2)Dallas 23-10

3)Spurs 20-11

4)Portland 22-13

5)Suns 21-13

6)OKC 18-15

7)Raptors 16-18

8)Bulls 14-17

9)Bobcats 13-18

No need to mention Min, Pistons, Bucks, Kings, Knicks, Nets, Clippers, & Sixers

The one think that bothers me though is that VC has taken way too long to provide the much needed offensive leadership. I am not putting the blame on VC but imo I think SVG is underutilizing the talent he has right now. Everything about the team is mediocre and our wins are so so except the win against Boston. Most players' stats are down, not one player but all core players' stats are down this season.

I love our team but something is very wrong and must be fixed asap.

Well Said!!

We are the best team in the NBA! The reason why this is not recognized League wide is based upon the obvious fact that to this point we failed to produce (convincingly) at the elite levels. I attribute this to our failure to develop or produce working combo's when the stretch 4 is inaffective. When they take away the 3pt shooters, or when the better perimeter defensive teams press the 2,3 and 4 spot, we fail to get Dwight the ball.....and that is the formula that has proven the most successful against us. Thus the question as to the Bass DNP-CD??

Next....If Jameer is not ready, sit him down until he is! JWill has proven to provide what is needed in the starting lineup, this chemistry is now absent with Jameer out of cync at this point in time.

If Dwight is not getting the looks because of double teams, Get him a 4 in there that will help him bang and rebound in a conventional PF approach. If your going to play RA, than he and Shard need be able to play the traditional PF game and bang with the bigs, if not......sit them or make further adjustments with them, in the form of other combinations such as playing Bass and Marcin together, with Marcin at the 4, giving Bass the backup 5 mins!

Let's face it...no one is laying down for us, and everyone is prepared to exploit our weak areas, which basically come down to perimeter D and double Dwight and make him give it up or turn it over!

Bottom line, we need to adjust. Now!

Stopped reading there.

some1 ban these trolls

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

peaople think we'll have 50 wins.. but i think 60-22 with everything that has happened.

with the way we been playing 60-22 is going out on a very big limb

Not really. The team is currently on pace for 59.6 wins. That seems pretty close to 60 to me. And it doesn't seem out of the question for the team to simply keep playing about as well as it has so far.

I'd hate to see how you people react to important things in your life not going exactly the way you expected.

i started the season thinking we would 61-21 i feel now we will be looking at 55-27 in 3rd place. we are not playing consistant enough to make the call that we will be first.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

quote:

peaople think we'll have 50 wins.. but i think 60-22 with everything that has happened.

with the way we been playing 60-22 is going out on a very big limb

Not really. The team is currently on pace for 59.6 wins. That seems pretty close to 60 to me. And it doesn't seem out of the question for the team to simply keep playing about as well as it has so far.

I'd hate to see how you people react to important things in your life not going exactly the way you expected.

thank you.

And I'd be surprised if we dont get better.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

....we have the best (I mean we're #1) considering all teams that had major trades during the off-season.

1)Magic 24-9

2)Dallas 23-10

3)Spurs 20-11

4)Portland 22-13

5)Suns 21-13

6)OKC 18-15

7)Raptors 16-18

8)Bulls 14-17

9)Bobcats 13-18

The one think that bothers me though is that VC has taken way too long to provide the much needed offensive leadership. I am not putting the blame on VC but imo I think SVG is underutilizing the talent he has right now. Everything about the team is mediocre and our wins are so so except the win against Boston. Most players' stats are down, not one player but all core players' stats are down this season.

Well Said!!

We are the best team in the NBA! The reason why this is not recognized League wide is based upon the obvious fact that to this point we failed to produce (convincingly) at the elite levels. I attribute this to our failure to develop or produce working combo's when the stretch 4 is inaffective. When they take away the 3pt shooters, or when the better perimeter defensive teams press the 2,3 and 4 spot, we fail to get Dwight the ball.....and that is the formula that has proven the most successful against us. Thus the question as to the Bass DNP-CD??

Next....If Jameer is not ready, sit him down until he is! JWill has proven to provide what is needed in the starting lineup, this chemistry is now absent with Jameer out of cync at this point in time.

If Dwight is not getting the looks because of double teams, Get him a 4 in there that will help him bang and rebound in a conventional PF approach. If your going to play RA, than he and Shard need be able to play the traditional PF game and bang with the bigs, if not......sit them or make further adjustments with them, in the form of other combinations such as playing Bass and Marcin together, with Marcin at the 4, giving Bass the backup 5 mins!

Let's face it...no one is laying down for us, and everyone is prepared to exploit our weak areas, which basically come down to perimeter D and double Dwight and make him give it up or turn it over!

Stopped reading there.

some1 ban these trolls

O.K. beleive it or not, it is o.k. to disagree, but this is what makes America Great! I typically don't respond to the children who find their way onto the board, but before you confuse a true Magic fan, supporter or even HOMMER, which I also qualify as...check the post count and the time on board here! What is obvious is that for many of you really sour guys, this is the only place to go when you need to vent your 'OTHER ISSUES IN YOUR LIVES" which speaks volumes!

God Bless, and I hope the wife or whatever allows you to have a say somwhere other then here! Wow!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1)Magic 24-9

2)Dallas 23-10

3)Spurs 20-11

4)Portland 22-13

5)Suns 21-13

6)OKC 18-15

7)Raptors 16-18

8)Bulls 14-17

9)Bobcats 13-18

Well Said!!

Stopped reading there.

some1 ban these trolls

O.K. beleive it or not, it is o.k. to disagree, but this is what makes America Great! I typically don't respond to the children who find their way onto the board, but before you confuse a true Magic fan, supporter or even HOMMER, which I also qualify as...check the post count and the time on board here! What is obvious is that for many of you really sour guys, this is the only place to go when you need to vent your 'OTHER ISSUES IN YOUR LIVES" which speaks volumes!

God Bless, and I hope the wife or whatever allows you to have a say somwhere other then here! Wow!!

and your point is?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1)Magic 24-9

2)Dallas 23-10

3)Spurs 20-11

4)Portland 22-13

5)Suns 21-13

6)OKC 18-15

7)Raptors 16-18

8)Bulls 14-17

9)Bobcats 13-18

Well Said!!

Stopped reading there.

some1 ban these trolls

and your point is?

His point was he quit reading after someone said we were the best team in the league. Our pace is 48-18 at present. We wont win 60 in our wildest imagination at this point. 53 to 55 wins would be fantastic in my opinion. This team lacks chemistry and both Lewis and Nelson are sucking wind these days.We were better last year in my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Dirtdan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1)Magic 24-9

2)Dallas 23-10

3)Spurs 20-11

4)Portland 22-13

5)Suns 21-13

6)OKC 18-15

7)Raptors 16-18

8)Bulls 14-17

9)Bobcats 13-18

Well Said!!

Stopped reading there.

some1 ban these trolls

and your point is?

His point was he quit reading after someone said we were the best team in the league. Our pace is 48-18 at present. We wont win 60 in our wildest imagination at this point. 53 to 55 wins would be fantastic in my opinion. This team lacks chemistry and both Lewis and Nelson are sucking wind these days.We were better last year in my opinion.

I find it funny that you project our standings 66 games out at 48-18 then say we only win 53 to 55 games tops. With 16 games remaining at the end of the season you expect us to go 7-9 at best? Im guessing you just have no idea how to use math. Using our current record to project our end of the season record, we would have 60 wins. We win 72.7272727272%of our games right. 72.7% of 16 is 11.6 which you round up to 12. 12 plus 48= 60. So we might not hit 60 wins in YOUR wildest dreams because in your wildest dreams we only play a 70 game schedule.

You can't even project our record that way though...

if we win our next 3 games we'll be on pace for 54-18 wins, our next 6 games 60-18.

if we lose our next 3 games we'll be on pace for 48-22.

you cant start projecting things like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

I find it funny that you project our standings 66 games out at 48-18 then say we only win 53 to 55 games tops. With 16 games remaining at the end of the season you expect us to go 7-11 at best? Im guessing you just have no idea how to use math. Using our current record to project our end of the season record, we would have 60 wins. We win 72.7272727272%of our games right. 72.7% of 16 is 11.6 which you round up to 12. 12 plus 48= 60. So we might not hit 60 wins in YOUR wildest dreams because in your wildest dreams we only play a 70 game schedule.

if we win our next 3 games we'll be on pace for 54-18 wins, our next 6 games 60-18.

Too funny.

Multiplying by two? Done.

Projecting based on percentages? hmmmm.

wth are you guys talking about.

We have a win% right now that leads us on a pace for 59 wins.

That's just the way it is we're 24-9. That's a pace for 59 wins.

am I going crazy? I'm pretty sure that's basic math you guys are geting too complicated

72.7% X 82 = 59.62

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

I find it funny that you project our standings 66 games out at 48-18 then say we only win 53 to 55 games tops. With 16 games remaining at the end of the season you expect us to go 7-11 at best? Im guessing you just have no idea how to use math. Using our current record to project our end of the season record, we would have 60 wins. We win 72.7272727272%of our games right. 72.7% of 16 is 11.6 which you round up to 12. 12 plus 48= 60. So we might not hit 60 wins in YOUR wildest dreams because in your wildest dreams we only play a 70 game schedule.

Math must be for weenies.