Sign in to follow this  
Niiice/Naaasssty(nick 4 d-howard)

gundy doesn't recognize mismatch problems!

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

Anderson and Lewis would be a massive defensive Liability.

But really funny to watch

couple things nick.

1. We beat the cavs last year in the playoffs because SVG utilized our matchup problems.

2.) Rashard is a worse defender. I think you see the number 6'10 and get all excited. nah, hes does not play D on the wing very well.

I don't disagree that our D has be inconsistent. Thats all though. Inconsistent. Not mismatched. Vince can guard any 2 in the league minus the Kobe's, when his head is out of his ***. it has shown in the last few games that when all 5 guys are firing we play great D. Even Anderson has had flashes recently(4 stls last game). Lewis had some great D moments against he Bucks(though his D rebounding is suspect).

I think you've misplaced the reason why our D has been weak. Inconsistent effort and rotation.

quote:
Originally posted by Niiice/Naaasssty(nick 4 d-howard):

read with the intent to understand.

i post seldom, i comment on other peoples post less. i know what am talking about, this is not Geonulearmonlipticalmudasus. is just basketball. and we dont put a team on the court that can matchup consitently with the big boys.

Only time will tell if the team is going through a prolonged slump or if other teams have "figured out" how to play the Magic. But we put a team last year that did not match up consistently with the big boys and we did very well, I would say.

I can undestand someone stating that maybe teams have adjusted better to our style of play, but this constant "I told you so" suggesting the Magic are not effective against "the big boys" flies in the face of history.

It's easy to look back. It's harder in real time to take a stab at the future. I believe this team will go back to winning 7 out of every ten fairly soon the way they are built.

like i said, when playing the big boys you have to match up better. the mismatch in size, or talent, or atheletism is killing us. if vince aint gettin the job done go with peaches at his original sg position. not 6'4" reddick. if jameer aint gettin it done, go wit the 6'2" ole man, not the 5'11 ole man. if rashad aint gettin it done move him to small forward. we need more mismatches in our favor rather than just dwight. more bass, more bass, more bass. GUNDY, IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE. its not to late, an i feel we will kick some *** sat, cause gundy has to start coaching now, rather than stick with status quo,cause we been beating inferior teams. barnes,dwight,bass,pops, gortat,lets crush their face. Go Magic, its time to pull the beast out the mf-ing hat, not bunnies.

quote:

like i said, when playing the big boys you have to match up better. the mismatch in size, or talent, or atheletism is killing us. if vince aint gettin the job done go with peaches at his original sg position. not 6'4" reddick. if jameer aint gettin it done, go wit the 6'2" ole man, not the 5'11 ole man. if rashad aint gettin it done move him to small forward. we need more mismatches in our favor rather than just dwight. more bass, more bass, more bass. GUNDY, IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE. its not to late, an i feel we will kick some *** sat, cause gundy has to start coaching now, rather than stick with status quo,cause we been beating inferior teams. barnes,dwight,bass,pops, gortat,lets crush their face. Go Magic, its time to pull the beast out the mf-ing hat, not bunnies.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

That's gross man.