Sign in to follow this  
Niiice/Naaasssty(nick 4 d-howard)

gundy doesn't recognize mismatch problems!

Stan Van Gundy has done a poor job with his gameplan thus far. Dumping the ball to Howard and creating an offense based on him. While this has worked in the past and is nice to stick to a good known gameplan, we can safely say it has been exploited. Howard is not a go to offensive player.

I don't need to agree with the poster but it is not hard to agree that Stan Van Gundy has failed to create a gameplan for his team. I will withhold my judgement but this has to change starting today.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

That's because Lewis is just a jumpshooter against KG; he certainly can't post up on him, and he isn't going to run around to shoot off the dribble. That just isn't his game.

There is a reason why Doc Rivers has not put the ball in KG's hands very often. I think in these series, Rashard has had the better feet out of the two, better movement. Van Gundy's has yet to make any type of gameplan that has yet to keep the ball in lewis hands. Matter of fact, he has never thought of Lewis as a player that can play closer to the post.

So how's he going to drive to the basket with KG staying close to him in every 1/4 pick and roll? And when he does drive to the basket, he's met with ANOTHER 7 footer and botches the attempt.

It's just not as simple as 'Give Lewis the ball and see what happens'. KG is just that good of a defender. Almost every play thus far that we normally run for him has been nullified by KG's physical defense.

quote:
Originally posted by Niiice/Naaasssty(nick 4 d-howard):

The nba is, an always will be a game of mismatches. this current rotation of jameer,carter,pietrus,lewis and howard is a horrible defensive team. jameer nor chocolate, can guard anyone. An We have few mismatches on offense. vince always has been a defensive liability but can makeup somewhat on offense. but u get no hustle plays. pietrus is only 6'6", he would be excellent as last years back up at sg(no advantage at sf). you throw in rashad at a weak pf, you have basicly a weak defensive team. name one mismatch we have on offense or devefense besides d-wight. One more year of this bs from gundy & otis, d-howard will be begging to go to another team.

My soulution with current roster would be, jameer/chocolate@pg,vince/pietrus/jj@sg. rashard/barnes@sf. ryan/bass@pf. You have to give it time to work! would even go as far a starting barnes at the sg, when vince cant get his legs going. vince knees are as weak as a ladies arm. my god can't u see this. maybe rest him for three weeks and let him strengthen his soft body(with weights) for a playoff run.

we need to get a real point guard that can excell at assist and be an awesome defender and atleast a legit 6'2 and under 26 years old. and not worrry about jameers psyche. gundy being only 5'6" or what ever height, thinks u can just throw in a warm body on the court and they should be able to hold their own. this works against the weaker teams but not the elite and up and comming teams.

Its time to quit going after the cheap wins, and to really strengthen this team for a real playoff run. this means playing ryan,bass & barnes. Then by the last qtr of the season, you can say this team is better than boston,cleveland, and La, and really believe it.

have ya even been told that you are dumb

Van Gundy can not coach. This series has proved it. Any and everyone can see it besides some of you magic fans! Magic will NEVER win a championship with that anus as the coach, You all pay out on Jeff Van Gundy.. There practically the same person. I can not see how you all do not see this!

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

Van Gundy can not coach. This series has proved it. Any and everyone can see it besides some of you magic fans! Magic will NEVER win a championship with that anus as the coach, You all pay out on Jeff Van Gundy.. There practically the same person. I can not see how you all do not see this!

I dont agree with your level of understanding of the game of basketball.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

Yours is personal though, because you don't agree with any of my posts. You are clear blind... or your not watching any of these games. Put the logic on not subbing till the 1min mark of 1st quarter when celtics were on a ridiculas run??

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yours is personal though, because you don't agree with any of my posts. You are clear blind... or your not watching any of these games. Put the logic on not subbing till the 1min mark of 1st quarter when celtics were on a ridiculas run??

I have no idea who you even are. That means you have had no good opinions but no ridiculous ones either.

Take from that what you will.

quote:

quote:

quote:

i was and have been thinking all year that we sub way too late in the first quarter but in this game boston got out 7-0 we got back to 7-6 with 6 to go so any coach will hold off making that sub. it just also makes it extramly hard for stan to sub that early for 2 reasons

1) we dont get much better defensvly off the bench.

2) you dont want to give the other side extra confidence in knowing it only took them a few minutes to break your top 5.

simple fix for us would be target a good 3-4 man who is a good defender with mogral that will chip in a handy 8-10 points per game as the 6th man this would give stan some flexability.

it dose suprise me as a coach whom preches defense that he didnt have the orginasition go after one these types of player.