Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Too much negativity

There is WAY to much negativity on this forum. It seems were all bipolar. If we win we post 10 JJ Redick is god post but if we dont, there are 10 panic threads ready to go. It seems we have all forgotten that we are pretty much starting our season now since Jameer has goten back. We have to get used to the rotation.

Ya the Boston loss was kick to the nuts, but remember we beat them in boston too, but it seems no one remembers that. We have to stay posittive and know we will have the #1 seed in the end if not def the # 2 seed.

Lets show some more love ya?

Go Magic!!!

There is WAY to much negativity on this forum. It seems were all bipolar. If we win we post 10 JJ Redick is god post but if we dont, there are 10 panic threads ready to go. It seems we have all forgotten that we are pretty much starting our season now since Jameer has goten back. We have to get used to the rotation.

Ya the Boston loss was kick to the nuts, but remember we beat them in boston too, but it seems no one remembers that. We have to stay posittive and know we will have the #1 seed in the end if not def the # 2 seed.

Lets show some more love ya?

Go Magic!!!

Oddly enough, there is more negativity with the Magic's recent success of the past year. Used to be a time 'round these parts when we would argue amongst each other about how best to improve our team in an effort to actually get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Now that Orlando has made it to the finals again, we have a slew of new 'posters' who think we should win every game, and the fact that we don't is put squarely on the shoulders of their favorite whipping boy of the day, be it Jameer, Vince, 'Shard, Dwight, or Stan.

Ahh, those were the days. Heated discussions, great ideas, bad ideas, some name calling, finger pointing, angst, and a healthy mix of some very spirited individual fans of particular players. This place had some personality. Sure, sometimes things got a little out of hand, and the mods were usually there to smack us around and get things back on track.

Now look what the Magic have done! They had the nerve to go out and fight themselves into the NBA Finals! This success has brought a new crop of posters into the fold. Don't get me wrong, not every poster that signed up as recently as last years all-star game falls into this group, you know the saying, if the shoe fits... It seems that most of this rampant negativity comes from this new crop of posters (some might even say trolls). The expectations, the perspective, it's all skewed. It's like some people forget the history of this team, were we were just a couple of short years ago, and what this team has accomplished.

All of a sudden we are expected to win. EXPECTED to WIN EVERY SINGLE GAME. When we don't win, it's the end of the world, when we do, we are the best team ever! EVER!

I would suggest you simply tune out certain people (the ignore function is great). There is nothing wrong with healthy discussion. Nothing wrong with looking at the flaws of this team (and yes, there certainly are some glaring flaws). But pay attention to some of these new posters, if only for a moment. Certain members of this new crop aren't interested in healthy discussion, all they want to do it place blame, point fingers, yell, scream, demean others, but completely ignore any and all attempts at debating their points or talking basketball at all. I would suggest finding some way to identify these posters, and just putting them on ignore. They offer nothing in the way of discussion, and once you stop paying attention to them, they will simply go away.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Oddly enough, there is more negativity with the Magic's recent success of the past year. Used to be a time 'round these parts when we would argue amongst each other about how best to improve our team in an effort to actually get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Now that Orlando has made it to the finals again, we have a slew of new 'posters' who think we should win every game, and the fact that we don't is put squarely on the shoulders of their favorite whipping boy of the day, be it Jameer, Vince, 'Shard, Dwight, or Stan.

Ahh, those were the days. Heated discussions, great ideas, bad ideas, some name calling, finger pointing, angst, and a healthy mix of some very spirited individual fans of particular players. This place had some personality. Sure, sometimes things got a little out of hand, and the mods were usually there to smack us around and get things back on track.

Now look what the Magic have done! They had the nerve to go out and fight themselves into the NBA Finals! This success has brought a new crop of posters into the fold. Don't get me wrong, not every poster that signed up as recently as last years all-star game falls into this group, you know the saying, if the shoe fits... It seems that most of this rampant negativity comes from this new crop of posters (some might even say trolls). The expectations, the perspective, it's all skewed. It's like some people forget the history of this team, were we were just a couple of short years ago, and what this team has accomplished.

All of a sudden we are expected to win. EXPECTED to WIN EVERY SINGLE GAME. When we don't win, it's the end of the world, when we do, we are the best team ever! EVER!

I would suggest you simply tune out certain people (the ignore function is great). There is nothing wrong with healthy discussion. Nothing wrong with looking at the flaws of this team (and yes, there certainly are some glaring flaws). But pay attention to some of these new posters, if only for a moment. Certain members of this new crop aren't interested in healthy discussion, all they want to do it place blame, point fingers, yell, scream, demean others, but completely ignore any and all attempts at debating their points or talking basketball at all. I would suggest finding some way to identify these posters, and just putting them on ignore. They offer nothing in the way of discussion, and once you stop paying attention to them, they will simply go away.

A+ post, however take into account I'd say 2/3 of them are legitimate trolls getting a rise out of people.

I've never been here before the finals, but I have visited other forums and they essentially do the same thing (although they don't have the same panicking feeling; they just insult).

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Agree 100%, Echo. Great post.

crybaby-truth.jpg

Why you can't handle straight up talk about the team? Did you drop your Tonka truck too? ROFLMAO!!

and not surprisingly it's Plato and Socrates of the forum sliding first and second to be the first to reply to the most wussy thread of the whole front page

first one with a angry morning marathon post after he just woke up, then the kid quotes it, and says nothing

Then comes someone not surprisingly with a Dumby avatar, quotes it again "great post"

ROFLMAOOOO!!!

I have to admit the blue ignored bar is much more informative than anything ElMayi/Hoopsczar ever had to say.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I have to admit the blue ignored bar is much more informative than anything ElMayi/Hoopsczar ever had to say.

awww...

8PYYM9WR.jpg.jpeg

That's very tragic. I'll try very hard so you can approve and enjoy my posts next time