Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Wishful Thinking Thread

Gortat's value has got to be through the roof right now. Many teams, including Portland, Houston and Denver, need a big. I don't believe Otis will trade Gortat unless he gets a steal .... which is possible. Keep in mind that his year's draft has few bigs. So ... what are some possibilities? Targets? DOM, bhnole and other cap gurus, considering Gortat's BYC, what can we do?

There was an article not to long ago quoting some inside sources saying that Otis is very reactive, waiting for teams to call him. I can't imagine him doing anything different now.

We don't need to make a trade at this point, I like the pieces we have.

With that said, you can lose by staying out of a deal that gets elite players together. Not that it will happen, but I keep seeing crazy things out there (not on 95.8) and players like Bosh, Paul, Wade could end up moving, we need to be players if that is the case, God forbid they end up doubling up somewhere.

How's this for gulp factor

"What about the persistent rumor that LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Kobe and Paul made a pact in Athens to play together some day, with the first three joining forces in 2010 and the two coming in 2012? "

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn.../091223&sportCat=nba

I actually stoped reading after that line because the phone rang, only to see the following line after 5 minutes of cold sweat.

"What about the fact I just made that rumor up and you believed it? Isn't the Internet great?"

Anyway, to make this long post finally die, we don't need to do anything but monitoring the terrain will be necessary.

Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, Crittendon, Aaron Mckie and some very late first rounders .... anything is possible.

although his brother has turned out to be pretty good.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

Gortat for Battier. Done

why?...

it would prob take JJ and a 3 team deal too. but im not gonna take fire for making up all the details. what I want is plain and simple...

better defense.

icon_biggrin.gif MP/Barnes/Battier = Shuttingdownplayers

I'm assuming Otis will stick with our current roster now that we are healthy to see just how good we can be.

However, here's a trade that would work with the cap and give the Magic more scoring punch and athleticism at the guard position:

J.R. Smith, Anthony Carter, and Johan Petro

for

Marcin Gortat and Anthony Johnson

Do we need another scorer in Smith? I personally don't think so but you cannot deny his upside, talent and young age.

LOL.... For those who do not think Otis and Co. are in the trade market, think again. Historically, Otis has been a trading fiend and we are long a big. Back to the Denver idea, this is also a possibility:

J.R. Smith and Anthony Carter

for

Brandon Bass and Anthony Johnson

BTW, the back drop for the Denver idea comes from a Denver Post article: "Nuggets should trade J.R. Smith for big man."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14053157

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

OMG here we go again.. << SVG head tap >>

at least this way there aren't a 100 new threads created everyday about Trade X for Y player. Hopefully the mods will just move all those conversations into this one big thread.

OK, if we want defense:

ORL ACQUIRES: Shane Battier(HOU), Tony Battie(NJ), Josh Boone(NJ), Courtney LEE(NJ)

HOU ACQUIRES: Marcin Gortat(ORL), David Lee(NYK), JJ Redick(ORL), Keyon Dooling(NJ), Darko Milicic (NYK)

NYK AC QUIRES: Tracy McGrady(HOU), Luis Scola(Hou), Bobby Simmons(NJ)

NJ ACQUIREES: Mickael Pietrus(ORL), Al Harrington(NYK), Eddy Curry(NYK), ORL TPE($6.6M)

I'd say that this would prepare us for the playoffs. New Jersey and New York get to dump a few salaries for expiring contracts, Houston upgrades their bigman dilema, and Orlando acquires lockdown perimeter defense while also getting 2 big men who can play decent defense and get their 6 fouls