Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

FANS GAME THREAD*** Bulls vs. Magic... we get it handed to us

During the timeouts when they had a camera and mic on Coach Hill in the huddle, he seemed very stiff and almost uncomfortable. He was saying these very obvious things like "we're getting good shots, they're just not going in" and "we aren't doing the things we need to do."

Now, I haven't watched many of the other NBA coaches in the huddle this season, but it seems like there should be more to it than that!

If someone has already mentioned this, I apologize, I just didn't want to go back through 8 pages.

All things considered with everything in our favor, and needing a win in the worst way, it is just inconceivable that this team could come out and stink it up from the opening jump, and not seem to care a wit.

That is just uncalled-for and I think the worst part is that quite a few of us were not even surprised.

Look into your thoughts before the game. Then, during the game, were you surprised at the looks on the faces of this team; the dull, whipped looks, the smiles when they did bad? Grant Hill just looked completely disgusted when he spoke to different players, like he thought it would not even do any good to try to get them going.

I was just a little surprised to see on the TNT chart beforehand, that the Magic was in 8th place in the east, not that they are there now.

So when can we fire Brian Hill??

What kind of line up did he put out there in the 2nd quarter? I wondered where would the offense come from? All slashers, no shooters? We can't fault the players, they are put in the position where they are asked to do things that are not natural for them. We have good shooters as well as slashers or drivers, but it needs to have a certain balance where you spread the defense in order for Dwight to have more room in the paint. All the Bulls needed to do on defense is to collapse around Dwight and dared the others to shoot. And who are those guys?? Arroyo, Dooling, Ariza and Bogan. All reluctant shooters! From that group the last one might be somewhat of a threat, but as soon as one penetrate and kicked the ball out to the other open guy, he drives in to the paint again wher all 5 Bullls are standing there waiting.

Of course Darko's foul trouble and Hedo injury factored in. But while the fans were murmuring to play Redick, Hill stuck with his "defensive group" when you are already down by 17 points. And what was the score at the half? I can not understand playing Dwight the entire 1st Q and more than half of the second Q due to Darko's foul trouble. For god sake's Howard needs a breather to be more productive and there are other players on the bench too. I don't want to jinx DH but with the rate that B. Hill utilizes Dwight he will drive our "franchise" to get hurt and/or gettting so demoralized. When you are fatigue, that's when your legs don't move and you play defense with your hands, which translate to touch fouls, not to mention "exposure to injuries".

Brian Hill has NEVER accomplish anything during his entire Basketball career. He benefited from 2 no 1 drafts entering their maturity as ball players and still couldn't get it done with the group in 96 and he definitely help convince Shaq not to stay with his arrogance and stubborn style of coaching. Ask Shaq, at the point before signing with the Lakers if Brian Hill coaching style and personality helped him made the decision, other that the few million dollars more offered by LA.

Back to Hill, his Princeton offense style doesn't fool anyone. The things it does are to slow down and take away all the energy out of our your players. He might be a good person and a hardworker, however attitude is 80% of your success. If Pat Willams has not written a book about it, he probably will. And Brian Hill is the PERFECT example... of the bad attitude. If you ever have a chance to listen to B. Hill's comments in regards to why not playng Redick, you see the frustration and his ****iness coming out by repeating the fact that Redick needs to earns his playing time and to learn to play better defense. If every Basketball execs (Fratello, Guokas and Co) had the same mentality as B. Hill, he would be now teach P.E. at some Nebraska High School.

We are not privied to the Magic's practices to see whether Redick is earning his playing time, but we know for sure a thing or 2 is that they don't practice enough their free throws and learn the elementary, basic of basketball such as passing, moving without the ball, protecting the passer when positioning for an entry pass,...etc.

I can go on and on about Brian Hill's questionable, not to say "not well thought" decisions... Or perhaps they are well thought and it all comes back to attitude, Brian Hill's attitude. I don't hate him, I just don't beleive that he will get the Orlando Magic to a Championship nor even a Final appearance. I don't know how much longer I can take this before he runs me out of town... Better yet our Star players... and our franchise..!

I'm tired!! So tired!!!

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

Come on where is all the positive talk about the team. Sure we had our a$$es handed to us on a gold platter but hey the season isn't over yet. It just seems like it is!

Robert we just got demolished on our homecourt. To make it worse it didn't even look like the players cared. They played with no hearts, no brains, and no courage. It was like I was watching the Wizard of Oz.

If you want a positive outlook then you should probably go to the NC State message board. After the victory over Duke I'm sure their fans are feeling extra chipper. It really hasn't been a good sports night for me.

Hey Emory I am just saying that we should try to have a positive outlook on tonight's game. Afterall JJ got to play, Outlaw got to play Pat was out there kicking major a$$.

Come on guys lets all lighten up. Oh hell with it! We got the sh!t kicked out of us and we all feel like crap I wasted three hours of recording time tonight so I could watch that sh!tty game, I feel sick!

Let's get Hill fired before the playoffs!

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

It's only a matter of time before Hedo has a 1 for 12 game with 2 points. Could very well be this game. Hedo "the sloth" Turkaglu..

rofl.. his eyes do look like a sloth..

Man I can't believe I missed the game, I thought it as tomorrow!!

Oh well, bye bye playoffs! Hopefullly bye-bye B.hill as well..

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

I like that TNT keeps doing the camera-ups on the Magic bench. It's almost like a secret spy cam that shows us just how incompetent our coaches can be.

Brian Hill: "Come on guys, pick it up. You're getting outworked out there. They're doing everything to us that we did to them last time. Let's go."

::Magic players look up at the rafters::

::crickets::

Way to point out the obvious, coach!

lmao

The incompetence of Brian Hill has been showed on national TV. Oh well at least to Bob Vanderweide and Otis Smith coach is still doing a "wonderful" job.