Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Miami Heat Thurs. 12/17/09 8:00 P.M.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Carlos was not HUGE.

He had 7 assists because the boy refused to take a shot, he looked scared out there or something. He also had no turnovers for the same reason, zero aggressiveness.

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the 4th quarter, first time this season for that for me. How does this Magic team NOT defend harder against a team playing 4-on-5 on offense most of the night, between Joel Anthony and/or Carlos Arroyo 90% of the time??

Freggin' ridiculous, I thought the Utah game was sickening, that doesn't hold a candle to last night's "effort." At least we tried for a quarter and a half against Utah! I'm stunned that the Magic were THAT lackluster, especially after the Miami loss that shouldn't of been a loss. Plus they are kind of our biggest rival throughout the history of the franchise? Division game?? I mean, how much more motivation do you need as a basketball player exactly, other than Boston on Christmas Day? Maybe the Magic have beaten Miami too soundly over the last few years, it's gotten too easy...

Take the shoelaces away from SVG today, I honestly felt bad for him last night. The ONLY good thing that happened last night was we tried to get Dwight the ball more than ever.

Someone needs to remind Vince and Rashard that they're All Stars? It's really okay if they want to selfish it up just a tad and dominate the ball, make a play?

All I know is Dwight and Redick deserve a future practice off, since the other 10 guys all took a Game Night off.

[/rant]

Sky, this doesnt sound like your usual objective nature. Yes he was careful, after all it was his second start with a non guaranteed contract, but It seems that the coach, Riley and the whole Heat forum (go see the poll) feel he should be the starter from now on. Do you think they have some sort of basketall knowledge? Also he shut down Williams even with his poor defensive efforts! Nice sharing with you again. See you at the finals.

When is Stan going to realize that shooting too many 3's against good teams will keep us losing games. Stan stated that we are 4-6 against teams above .500. Maybe we need to stop relying so much on the 3's to put up points for us. Once again we took a lot of 3's. 28/78 3's. That's just too many bad shots and we can't always win games shooting like this. I can see if were actually making them but were not. 9/28 3's is terrible and bad shot selections and it doesn't matter if they were wide open shots or not. Stan needs another strategy and stop relying on the 3's so much.

The Heat only took 14 3's and made 7 of them. Why does it always take us 28 3's to make 9 of them. Our 3 point shooting is always like that and that needs to change soon.

So between us shooting so many 3's and missing majority of them and Stan bad subbing, I can't see how were going to beat good teams. Hopefully we change the way we play a little bit. Just stop shooting so many 3's for starters.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell: Sky, this doesnt sound like your usual objective nature. Yes he was careful, after all it was his second start with a non guaranteed contract, but It seems that the coach, Riley and the whole Heat forum (go see the poll) feel he should be the starter from now on. Do you think they have some sort of basketall knowledge? Also he shut down Williams even with his poor defensive efforts! Nice sharing with you again. See you at the finals.

They felt their bench needs help, so to me it was more about putting Chalmers with the second unit to get the bench going (that and they're trying to send a message to him about being late to team meetings and so on).

That and J-Will stopped himself. He didn't drive to the basket much at all and he missed wide open shots.

Take it from me, I'm as objective as it gets around here when it comes to Carlos Arroyo. I cursed his name in '06 when he was turning the ball over left and right, yet somehow everyone on the forum loved him anyway, and was one of his bigger supporters in '07 when he got his act together and led the league in assists-to-turnover ratio, despite the fact that most in the forum thought Arroyo was a cancer and didn't deserve to be in the rotation or on the team, and also thought Keyon Dooling was the greatest thing since sliced bread, despite the fact Keyon passed less from the point guard position than Michael Beasley in his rookie year.

Carlos was solid enough, but my point was he wasn't an offensive threat whatsoever, for some strange reason. *SO* you would think think that would make it easier for Orlando to defend Miami, yet they still couldn't/wouldn't.

Carlos was solid... but he was by no means huge. Wade, Beasley, Quintin Richardson, and the Magic barely even competing at all as a team were far more "huge."

I'm just sayin'. (Sorry Jareth)

I actually like Arroyo starting for the Heat. He allows Wade to be more of a wing player than Point guard. Also Chalmers off the bench was a good move. He brings instant offense and defense. That's what they needed from their bench. So I'm happy for Arroyo and I always thought that he was good enough to be a starter in this league. He just needed the right situation.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I actually like Arroyo starting for the Heat. He allows Wade to be more of a wing player than Point guard. Also Chalmers off the bench was a good move. He brings instant offense and defense. That's what they needed from their bench. So I'm happy for Arroyo and I always thought that he was good enough to be a starter in this league. He just needed the right

situation.

Let see if we can get him next year to be Meer back up.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

When is Stan going to realize that shooting too many 3's against good teams will keep us losing games. Stan stated that we are 4-6 against teams above .500. Maybe we need to stop relying so much on the 3's to put up points for us. Once again we took a lot of 3's. 28/78 3's. That's just too many bad shots and we can't always win games shooting like this. I can see if were actually making them but were not. 9/28 3's is terrible and bad shot selections and it doesn't matter if they were wide open shots or not. Stan needs another strategy and stop relying on the 3's so much.

The Heat only took 14 3's and made 7 of them. Why does it always take us 28 3's to make 9 of them. Our 3 point shooting is always like that and that needs to change soon.

So between us shooting so many 3's and missing majority of them and Stan bad subbing, I can't see how were going to beat good teams. Hopefully we change the way we play a little bit. Just stop shooting so many 3's for starters.

+1 100%, WAYYYYYY too many 3's.