Sign in to follow this  
Magics Fan from Syria

Heckling Howard on home court

I love Howard's intensity the last few games. Playing a lot smarter on defense too.. Which I think partly is the new players learning how to play with him. Things can only get better.

And maybe we should start chanting Hooowwarddd when he's at the line more often if he's gonna shoot 75% smile_magicfan.gif

quote:
nybody else noticed during Dwight's free throws yesterday people were chanting from the stands: "HOOOWAAAARD HOOOWAAARD HOOOWAAARD" What the F? Were there Raptors fans flying from Canada all the way to Orlando? Or are there much Raptor fans in Orlando, or Dwight haters or what.

There was a group of Raptor fans in section 106 row Q who made a lot of noise in supporting their team. We sitting near them had a lot of fun with them, exchanging barbs such as 11-17 or playoffs. Or trying to drown them out with MVP as DH shot his free throws.

The fat guy came over and stirred up the crowd around them with Magic chants.

Stuff and friends came with string guns and fired away all in fun.

The beer guy in our section thanked them, they must have been good tippers.

Not only were they chanting Howwward, they continually were chanting "Carter sucks". During the fourth period VC sitting on the bench was looking up toward them laughing, Dwight also was laughing on the bench.

It truly was an enjoyable night with the EASY WIN and having this group of 10-12 Toronto fans really making more noise then there numbers could imagine that helped get the fans immediately around them into the game.

The first time I heard this chant was Nov. 1st at Toronto. There was a very loud obnoxious guy screaming HOOOWWWWARRRD while he shot free throws.

It was surprising to me that he was making them this particular game and finished 14 of 16 from the line.

Im sure he loves it. Perhaps the whole arena should get involved in the chant.

Hey Dan, I think this is a good topic of discussion for your next Howard interview. Hook us up man!

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Win:

The first time I heard this chant was Nov. 1st at Toronto. There was a very loud obnoxious guy screaming HOOOWWWWARRRD while he shot free throws.

It was surprising to me that he was making them this particular game and finished 14 of 16 from the line.

Im sure he loves it. Perhaps the whole arena should get involved in the chant.

Hey Dan, I think this is a good topic of discussion for your next Howard interview. Hook us up man!

07-08 playoffs?

During the Olympics, Dwight joked with Bosh about it. Said something about how Bosh's name wouldn't work for a chant like that. I don't think he minds it at all. In fact, I'd think it was pretty cool, an entire arena chanting my name, even if they were doing so in a malicious fashion. Means I'm in their head.

The Raptors fans did a better job representing their team and city then the raptors did. I loved while they kept chanting and booing VC, VC was at the free throw line, made the first one, waved over at them, then made the second and made a 'keep it comin' motion with his hand. VC had just as much fun with them as they had with him.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

He shot 75% last night. Heckle away.

Agreed. I think the drowning out of the "MVP" chants paid off well.