Sign in to follow this  
SmackDaddy

Is Dwight just another modern day athlete?

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

honestly...

who gives a rats ***?

dwight is a young, rich single guy who happens to be considered good looking

most of you guys are just jealous of him, not all people who are christian, catholic, etc are perfect and are able strictly by the bible

so you losers judging him, jump off a cliff

I apologize for introducing a topic for discussion that requires a little more thought than the typical "we should trade Anthony Johnson for Kobe" threads. You are now free to continue repeatedly beating your head against the wall to see if there is anything inside your head that will shake loose.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

honestly...

who gives a rats ***?

most of you guys are just jealous of him, not all people who are christian, catholic, etc are perfect and are able strictly by the bible

I apologize for introducing a topic for discussion that requires a little more thought than the typical "we should trade Anthony Johnson for Kobe" threads. You are now free to continue repeatedly beating your head against the wall to see if there is anything inside your head that will shake loose.

thought?

about whether dwight howard can **** whatever ***** he wants?

none of your business

quote:

honestly...

who gives a rats ***?

^^^This.

Seriously, who are we to even be discussing this topic? No one is perfect, and its insane that we (as a society) would put the burden of "perfection" on people that are in the limelight...I'm not sure if its just jealousy on our part, or what it is...but its hypocritical.

There is a text in the Bible that says:

"He that is without sin, cast the first stone"...I don't think any of us are worthy to even be discussing this.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

Seriously, who are we to even be discussing this topic? No one is perfect, and its insane that we (as a society) would put the burden of "perfection" on people that are in the limelight...I'm not sure if its just jealousy on our part, or what it is...but its hypocritical.

"He that is without sin, cast the first stone"...I don't think any of us are worthy to even be discussing this.

I don't understand this. So far, nobody has said "Dwight is a worthless pile of crap that will burn in hell" or anything close to it. But there are now 2-3 posters on the opposite end of the spectrum calling those of us simply discussing a topic of interest losers, hypocrites, etc.

Enjoying that glass house?

This is just stupid. Everybody is having sex. If you think it's immoral to have sex out of wedlock then your opinion on values is skewed and way out of wack. The fact that a woman out of wedlock got pregnant is, well, the result of Howard having a lot of money and in all liklihood a woman trying to take advantage of that. It is disgusting how women are, as I've seen, more than willing to have unwanted children for profit. That's the morally aprehensable thing here, not any action by Howard. Have you heard the way kids talk in a highschool pick-up game? F'ing someone up isn't like a racial slur or even a really bad thing to say, it's just sport talk. Dwight has proven to be a very good athlete in the limelight. He's taken more public criticism from his coaching staff than, seemingly, every other young star in the league combined. He doesn't talk of trades or leaving, instead he talks of defending his city. His city.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

I don't understand this. So far, nobody has said "Dwight is a worthless pile of crap that will burn in hell" or anything close to it. But there are now 2-3 posters on the opposite end of the spectrum calling those of us simply discussing a topic of interest losers, hypocrites, etc.

Enjoying that glass house?

You're wrong. Dwight had sex with a woman and that woman had a child. In this day and age, that means that Dwight is going to have another bill and that is normal. It's to the point where, almost, most children grow up with seperated parents. He cursed to himself during a sport? I don't care. That's not a negative thing. People are reaching for hate.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

This is just stupid. Everybody is having sex. If you think it's immoral to have sex out of wedlock then your opinion on values is skewed and way out of wack.

This is stupid. Everybody is smoking crack and murdering somebody. If you think it's immoral to smoke crack and murder somebody than your opinion on values is skewed and way out of wack.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

In this day and age, that means that Dwight is going to have another bill and that is normal. It's to the point where, almost, most children grow up with seperated parents.

It's normal for a child to be perceived as "another bill"? Not in my neighborhood.

Ok Kramer. Sure we all agree that the out of wedlock child is common this day and age. However it is wrong and against Christian belief. I am not going to argue whether or not it is ok. Nor will half the people here. However I will argue that almost, most children grow up with separated parents. That is false in my mind unless you have a cited source proving that statement. I am not going to look for one, but if you find it post a link.

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

Ok Kramer. Sure we all agree that the out of wedlock child is common this day and age. However it is wrong and against Christian belief. I am not going to argue whether or not it is ok. Nor will half the people here. However I will argue that almost, most children grow up with separated parents. That is false in my mind unless you have a cited source proving that statement. I am not going to look for one, but if you find it post a link.

Oh really?

quote:
One out of every two children in the United States will live in a single-parent family at some time before they reach age 18. According the United States Census Bureau, in 2002 about 20 million children lived in a household with only their mother or their father. This is more than one-fourth of all children in the United States.

http://www.answers.com/topic/single-parent-families

You guys are seriously ignorant if you think dealing with baby mama drama, children out of wedlock, and scandal don't effect how someone performs their job.

Tiger is staying away from Golf for the foreseeable future because of his issues.

To think Howard, who is one of the most immature players in the NBA and youngest superstar, can separate basketball from his real world issues, shows a lack of understanding of the human mind and how things do not occur in a vacuum.