Fultz4thewin

Bobby Bowden to retire.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Choosing to debate with a Florida fan is never advisable as debate implies the use of logic and typically Gator fans eschew logic entirely.

Choosing to debate with VaBchMagicfan is choosing to reveal your masochistic tendencies.

A debate would mean you have an argument, which you don't. Florida St loses because they don't have good enough players, simple as that. To blame a guy who put the school on the map and brought you 2 NC's which odds are another won't be coming anytime soon is idiotic. This is nothing more than a bunch of Florida St students and alum hating because their program is spiraling out of control. Everyone hates the best and the comments are ignorant, now we have moderators joining in on the party which is even worse. It's okay though your a moderator on a website so that should make you feel better.

i've systematically refuted every point you've made. You act like my statements are ludicrous but i'm the one using examples and you're the one spouting off ad hominem attacks and other irrelevant conclusions instead of backing up your point with logic.

Dude people pointed out that Florida St has slipped dramatically in recruiting. You list a couple future prospects and a some other players. The numbers don't lie and the only 5 star players you get is because of playing time, not because of other things. Thats where Florida differs, we lose 5 star recruits because they won't be guaranteed playing time and most likely will be redshirted. You didn't prove anything, you just list a small sample to judge a larger picture.

No point in arguing with someone who will never change their mind. Its hard to even believe that you think Florida St hasn't seen a major decline in the past 4-5 years. Oh yeah thats right they only lose because they have bad coaches, not just far inferior talent on the field. Its okay though you keep living in Florida St fantasy World and I will live in reality where we actually always put out top 10 classes and compete for National Championships and better yet our own Conference Championship.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

FYI fsu just had a record day for new booster members.

they also stole away a top Juco DB who got offers from bama, UF, ole miss, michigan and oregon.

we also picked up two '11 DBs from treasure coast.

'twas a good day.

Picking up someone in a class nearly 2 years away means nothing, picking up a guy in this years class doesn't mean a whole lot. Guys change their minds so much, and the Juco well Juco players tend to be a waste of time unless you have a glaring need at that position.

Juco is early entry. he'll enroll at FSU in 38 more days. If he was a waste of time, then why did so many great schools give him offers.

Juco's are still talented players.

some notable juco's in the last few years: reggie nelson, jeff otah, and legarrette blount.

Oh and im still waiting for you to stop ignoring my post above.

So you list 3 guys who are the exception and act like that is the norm? He could be great but even if he is its only 2 years. The odds are though its not a huge impact, like I said if you have a glaring need to play right away then it can be a good pickup.

Florida has gotten numerous Juco's and most have a minimal impact, we had a 5 star WR last year who couldn't even get on the field. It's a short term fix to a long term problem. I didn't say they weren't talented just don't act like some Juco is a great pickup, its a huge risk to use scholarships on Juco players which is why major programs try to stay away from doing it.

I would usually agree. guys generally have problems when they have to go to a juco for a couple years. This specific player is supposed to be ready to play immediately and with the caliber of offers he received, im inclined to believe that he could challange for a starter's spot.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

they also stole away a top Juco DB who got offers from bama, UF, ole miss, michigan and oregon.

'twas a good day.

Picking up someone in a class nearly 2 years away means nothing, picking up a guy in this years class doesn't mean a whole lot. Guys change their minds so much, and the Juco well Juco players tend to be a waste of time unless you have a glaring need at that position.

Juco is early entry. he'll enroll at FSU in 38 more days. If he was a waste of time, then why did so many great schools give him offers.

some notable juco's in the last few years: reggie nelson, jeff otah, and legarrette blount.

So you list 3 guys who are the exception and act like that is the norm? He could be great but even if he is its only 2 years. The odds are though its not a huge impact, like I said if you have a glaring need to play right away then it can be a good pickup.

Florida has gotten numerous Juco's and most have a minimal impact, we had a 5 star WR last year who couldn't even get on the field. It's a short term fix to a long term problem. I didn't say they weren't talented just don't act like some Juco is a great pickup, its a huge risk to use scholarships on Juco players which is why major programs try to stay away from doing it.

He said some, would you rather him clutter the board with a list of 50? Now who's dodging?

Would you rather me clutter the board with a list of 500 who suck? What the hell is wrong with you? I stated why major programs don't do it and that Juco players aren't looked at the same. He could be good, but even if he is who cares? It's 2 years, which Florida St will not rebuild in that time anyway. Then he leaves and you start over, or you could use that scholarship on a guy who will be there for 4 maybe 5 years and develop him and he will help your program for a longer period of time. ONCE AGAIN IF YOU HAVE A SPOT OPEN TO PLAY RIGHT AWAY IT CAN BE USEFUL, OTHERWISE ITS NOT IDEAL.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

'twas a good day.

I would usually agree. guys generally have problems when they have to go to a juco for a couple years. This specific player is supposed to be ready to play immediately and with the caliber of offers he received, im inclined to believe that he could challange for a starter's spot.

Well thats fine, then great pickup. That was my point if he starts next year then good for you guys. If not then its not worth the Scholarship. Not to mention Juco players usually have more baggage, but hey all of these kids do nowadays so you never know.

quote:

Okay Lewis, you can continue with him, I'm done. I'm gonna go with the rest of the board's theory that he's a bot, no human being can be this dumb.

Lewis is actually agreeing with me, well mostly. What I said is absolutely true, now I wouldn't expect someone who only knows about sports from what they see on T.V.

quote:

quote:

Okay Lewis, you can continue with him, I'm done. I'm gonna go with the rest of the board's theory that he's a bot, no human being can be this dumb.

Lewis is actually agreeing with me, well mostly. What I said is absolutely true, now I wouldn't expect someone who only knows about sports from what they see on T.V.

He's bringing me back in, he's good. Lewis and I have asked you for the same thing, facts. Not "Well, the youth of today..." or "I never played, but I think Pop Warner coaches teach eye gouging...", that's you talking out of your ***, which you do all the time. "You're just jealous..." is another example. You have shown repeatedly you know nothing about football, basketball, or recruiting in college sports. We haven't ever talked baseball, but I'm willing to bet you know nothing about that either. And before you even get to, "No, you're the one who knows nothing, you talked bad about Tebow...", all that proved was I'm a Tebow hater, big deal. I'll be the intelligent hater and you can be the helpless idiot, I'll take that all day, everyday, twice on Sunday.

Also, only know what I watch on TV? Aren't you the one quoting the nonsense that Kirk Herbstreit talks out of his *** (if you're going to quote someone, take someone better than him). Aside from that, between TV, internet, and radio, isn't that all we have to go off of? I don't see any former pro athletes here on the boards. A bunch of high school athletes and a few college ones sure, but you're not even a part of that, so what the **** do you know?

/argument

/thread

/game

/set

/match

/yourlife

/goodday

quote:

quote:

quote:

He's bringing me back in, he's good. Lewis and I have asked you for the same thing, facts. Not "Well, the youth of today..." or "I never played, but I think Pop Warner coaches teach eye gouging...", that's you talking out of your ***, which you do all the time. "You're just jealous..." is another example. You have shown repeatedly you know nothing about football, basketball, or recruiting in college sports. We haven't ever talked baseball, but I'm willing to bet you know nothing about that either. And before you even get to, "No, you're the one who knows nothing, you talked bad about Tebow...", all that proved was I'm a Tebow hater, big deal. I'll be the intelligent hater and you can be the helpless idiot, I'll take that all day, everyday, twice on Sunday.

Also, only know what I watch on TV? Aren't you the one quoting the nonsense that Kirk Herbstreit talks out of his *** (if you're going to quote someone, take someone better than him). Aside from that, between TV, internet, and radio, isn't that all we have to go off of? I don't see any former pro athletes here on the boards. A bunch of high school athletes and a few college ones sure, but you're not even a part of that, so what the **** do you know?

/argument

/thread

/game

/set

/match

/yourlife

/goodday

Dude your a hater, you have never stated any facts in any of your posts. I explained how Juco players are treated and the downside to them. You shout back I'm wrong, good argument.

You say the ACC is great, who was right? You said Florida St would be awesome, who was right? I said Florida St recruiting has gone down hill, look at the rankings and the performance on the field.

You said Sanchez was awesome, he has been horrible, who was right? I said that players are taught to do anything to get football in a pile up, thats correct. You said that athletes don't judge schools on academics, your an idiot.

I'm waiting fro me to be wrong on something, or even better for you to be right on something. Look at the threads what have I been wrong about? You just blast off your a bot blah blah blah. Well you've proven to be an idiot, you did predict the Eagles beating the Redskins, thank you captain obvious.

VaBchMagicFan:

There is an old saying "you can judge a man by his friends." At least, I think that's the saying...I probably saw it on TV or heard it from a pro athlete, so I can't be sure. But using that "unsupported by actual facts" adage as a basis, I'm going to take it a step further by saying you can judge a message board member by whether any single other member of the message board has ever liked anything he's had to say.

Again...nothing based on actual facts or surveys of put upon JUCO athletes. Also, I didn't go to Florida, so you know, there's that.

But still, I'd say that you sir, are lacking.

quote:

VaBchMagicFan:

There is an old saying "you can judge a man by his friends." At least, I think that's the saying...I probably saw it on TV or heard it from a pro athlete, so I can't be sure. But using that "unsupported by actual facts" adage as a basis, I'm going to take it a step further by saying you can judge a message board member by whether any single other member of the message board has ever liked anything he's had to say.

Again...nothing based on actual facts or surveys of put upon JUCO athletes. Also, I didn't go to Florida, so you know, there's that.

Just because I'm not a homer and tell it like it is doesn't mean anything. This is a bunch of Florida St fans talking crap, thats it.

quote:

quote:

VaBchMagicFan:

Just because I'm not a homer and tell it like it is doesn't mean anything. This is a bunch of Florida St fans talking crap, thats it.

statistics cant talk crap and you haven't really addressed most of the thing's i've said. A lot of your statements aren't really intellectually honest.

to be honest, if improve your vernacular and stop taking such extreme sides to arguments then we'll stop opposing you.

for example:

if you're trying to talk about recruiting and your trying to show how uf is better then say something like " UF has outperformed FSU in recent years on the recruiting trail. You can see this by (FACT) and (FACT)."

what you end up saying is something like : "FSU is terrible at recruiting and cant pull in any talent."

statements like that you either dont have the intelligence to form a valid opinion or you dont have the intellectual integrity to have a decent discussion.