Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

"Bynum will soon becoem the best center in the nba if he remains healthy

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

Take this from a fan who couldn't care less: Bynum has a better touch offensively around the basket, but Dwight is a much better player than Bynum overall. Bynum is a good defender, but he is not a DPOY candidate.

Let me put it this way: if you traded Bynum and Howard straight up today, what happens? I'll tell you what, the Lakers become the champs for the next 10 years.

thanks for the outside input. Sometimes its hard evaluating our own players compared to the rest of the nba because we're too close to them. your commentary confirms what most of us believe.

This is a classic overreaction to early season play. As stats currently indicate, Dwight is beginning to play like Dwight while Bynum is regressing back to typical Bynum.

I'll say this, Bynum's a top 5 Center in the league, but there's a very wide gap after Dwight/Yao.

I'm actually shocked that you would say Bynum is a better player, Lewis.

the thing about IFs is: aunt + balls = uncle

in 4 full seasons bynum has played in 213 out of 328 games only playing a full 82 game season ONCE! 65% of the time hes healthy enough to play.

If bynum was a superhero he'd be the "limp" his costume would be a suit and his super power would be the ability rehab @ the playboy mansion while his team is on the road.

cee u next tuesday hill

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

This is a classic overreaction to early season play. As stats currently indicate, Dwight is beginning to play like Dwight while Bynum is regressing back to typical Bynum.

I'll say this, Bynum's a top 5 Center in the league, but there's a very wide gap after Dwight/Yao.

i guess im sick of dwight throwing up the same crappy hook then looking at some of the other players with a more refined offensive game and they just look like better players.

Bynum is the better basketball player just like adrian peterson is the better football player compared to a rhinoceros.

peterson can read the defense, choose holes, and run behind his blockers.

if you can teach a rhinoceros to run toward the endzone i bet he gets better stats though cuz who the **** is going to tackle a rhinoceros

dwight is an athletic freak and can use his god given ability to outplay the other centers, but i dont think he's grasped basketball as well as bynum.

its late right now. im tired from studying for finals and writing papers so this is the best analogy i can come up with right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

i guess im sick of dwight throwing up the same crappy hook then looking at some of the other players with a more refined offensive game and they just look like better players.

Bynum is the better basketball player just like adrian peterson is the better football player compared to a rhinoceros.

if you can teach a rhinoceros to run toward the endzone i bet he gets better stats though cuz who the **** is going to tackle a rhinoceros

dwight is an athletic freak and can use his god given ability to outplay the other centers, but i dont think he's grasped basketball as well as bynum.

its late right now. im tired from studying for finals and writing papers so this is the best analogy i can come up with right now.

So Shaquille O

quote:

quote:

And Redick is an infinately more talented offensive player than Lebron will ever be. Is he the real 2010 prize?

You're an idiot if you even think Bynum has as complete an all around as Dwight, not even including the vast differences in atheleticism.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

quote:

And Redick is an infinately more talented offensive player than Lebron will ever be. Is he the real 2010 prize?

You're an idiot if you even think Bynum has as complete an all around as Dwight, not even including the vast differences in atheleticism.

dwight is a hell of a lot better defensively, i was talking more about offense. Perhaps i was just talking out of frustration due to several games of: foul, bad post move miss, dunk, bad post move make, 1/2 free throw, 1/2 free throw, bad call foul, frustration foul, sit for 14 minutes, repeat in 2nd half.

he gets double teamed or fouled so often that his game looks really ugly.

bynum rarely gets double teamed so maybe his game just looks better.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

quote:

dwight is a hell of a lot better defensively, i was talking more about offense. Perhaps i was just talking out of frustration due to several games of: foul, bad post move miss, dunk, bad post move make, 1/2 free throw, 1/2 free throw, bad call foul, frustration foul, sit for 14 minutes, repeat in 2nd half.

he gets double teamed or fouled so often that his game looks really ugly.

bynum rarely gets double teamed so maybe his game just looks better.

If you say that Bynum is (at this point) a more prolific player in offense is probably true, but that

This is a discussion that has far to many variables to get a real conclusion. Dwight is constantly double teamed, has no other help down low on both ends, and well no Kobe. This is a team game analyzing individuals is well in my mind almost impossible. Sure there are the obvious issues Lebron>Birdman...etc. But when it comes to analyzing star individuals how is there really a true answer?

For this case Dwight is far more athletic and a better defender that is obvious as for offense well tough to say. Unless Bynum recieces the defensive attention that Kobe does we can not really tell.

This is why to say Bynum can be better than Howard is ridiculous. Dwight had just three Dwight type games, not monster games, just regular Dwight type games and he has already surpassed Bynum stats wise. How someone can come up with the Dwight, Bynum comparison is beyond me.