Sign in to follow this  
Magician09

Days off for opponents before playing the Magic

What is it with teams getting a major rest before playing Orlando?

Cleveland had 4 or 5 days off before playing us and now Atlanta is getting 4 days off as well.

Not to mention both times we played the night before!

I know the schedule all evens out in the end but it just seems to be an unusual quirk and is something I haven't seen before.

Cleveland had 4 or 5 days off before playing us and now Atlanta is getting 4 days off as well.

I know the schedule all evens out in the end but it just seems to be an unusual quirk and is something I haven't seen before.

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

I wrote a MAJOR thread at the beginning of the season about our schedule compared to Boston's Cleveland's, LA and San Antonio. We got really screwed. Go look up the thread and you will see.

I'd believe in the officiating conspiracy before I believe in the schedule conspiracy. If the Magic are great for the next ten years and playing through difficult schedules, then I'll look into it.

yeah I was thinking about that myself and agree with the other comments that have been made. It really hacks me off, but we will come through victorious and I believe we'll stretch our wins to 9 over the next 4 games. The only back to back that bothers me is Miami and the Hawks but after those last two defensive showings and the second unit's scoring I'm not too bothered but still, playing the Hawks on a b2b when they will have rested for nearly a week is a bit much!

Then again, at the time of schedule conception, the NBA wasn't thinking of Miami and Hawks as upper class teams. Sure, they don't suck, but they weren't expecting them to do as well as they have... especially the Hawks.

certainly for the boston and cleveland games it is more than a tad dubious they get time to regroup and prepare, but surely no one predicted the hawks would get this good - finishing second in SE maybe, but not taking off with the best record in the league

quote:
Originally posted by TheGreen1:

Then again, at the time of schedule conception, the NBA wasn't thinking of Miami and Hawks as upper class teams. Sure, they don't suck, but they weren't expecting them to do as well as they have... especially the Hawks.

ah, just read your post green1, sorry