Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

Does Anyone Else Get A Weird Feeling When Barnes Shoots the Ball?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

My biggest problem with him aside from shooting too much is his passing-which kinda go hand in hand. He makes a lot of stupid passes(most on the team), he really needs to read the defenses better...and shoot less. He has shot 44 threes, which is about 40 too many. He has more to's than assists...and more to's than blocks and steals combined.

^this

I also think Bass should be getting his minutes. I think Barnes should only be used in special defensive assignments.

The thing about Barnes, is...

He isn't truly comfortable yet, and if shots not falling is REALLY his biggest problem, then I am not worried. Shooters go through slumps, it's called being a shooter. Ask anybody on the Magic if they "get a weird feeling" when the guy takes a trey.

They don't. The shots will fall people, you just gotta have faith. Either that or Stan will just play JJ more... and right now, that doesn't seem like a bad idea. icon_wink.gif

I say we give him a break. We have to remember that he started with Bass a couple of times, and most people who had major minutes in that stretch shot the ball badly because they weren't getting many good looks. I was suspicious at Jason William's shooting at first because of how bad it was during his career but it's actually improved quiet nicely. I think Barnes can do the same thing if he just started and got good looks like he did in pre-season and the beginning of the season.

I think he can shoot around the mid 30's or so if he just got good looks.

When it comes to 3pt shooting Barnes has not been all that great he is better closer to the basket.

His first season he shot 15.4% from beyond the arc and he did have a season where he shot 18.2 just like now. His best 3pt shooting % was at GS where he shot 36.6%

So as he is more of a PF in his shooting and rebounds then a SG.