Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Stan Van Gundy vows to limit negativity after private meeting with C Dwight Howard

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Yes

I played basketball AND Football in high school and you CANNOT apply football mentality to an 82 game season.

further, I have worked real jobs, constructive criticism is fine.......yelling, screaming, constant negativity is NOT

throwing your players under the bus to the media is NOT

We have a VETERAN team now they dont need to be treated like rookies

Can't compare a real job to a sport, and I played basketball not football so of course you can't compare the two....I'm using the same tactic you just tried to disprove me with.

You can't?

ROFL

What do they earn their living doing? they dedicate their entire lives to the game, it's a job and a sport, this isn't 3 years ago, this team doesn't need to be berated all the time, they need CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

Yes because building a building is the same as athletic men playing basketball....

Dude get over it, the team isn't playing at their best. SVG isn't lying about it and I won't either, I love the Magic and know they can play better, stop trippin and get a grip you and the team are being softies.

Who said they were playing their best?

he can say they need to get better WITHOUT throwing players under the bus and WITHOUT constantly berating his players, like I said some of you would fail a psychology course horribly

LMAO he doesn't consistanly berate his players or throw them under the bus....you'd see a problem every week then. The players have clearly learned to cope with Stan, I mean they all say "We are used to coach"

Thank for the last statement as well, I did very well in a Psychology course, I think you might of failed an English one though.

I give the old Stan a week to start being so negative again. It's just the way he is. He can't changed that. Even his own brother Jeff was saying that all tonight. Stan is just who he is. He can try to be more positive.

I'm not reading this entire thread, so apologies if this was already mentioned...

But, watching the game on ESPN tonight, SVG said this story has been misreported. Stan said it was him who went to Dwight with concerns about the teams energy level and this was 1 of 3 issues Dwight expressed to him as potential causes.

JVG then stated that SVG discussed the issue of his negatively with the entire team the following day at practice.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I'm not reading this entire thread, so apologies if this was already mentioned...

But, watching the game on ESPN tonight, SVG said this story has been misreported. Stan said it was him who went to Dwight with concerns about the teams energy level and this was 1 of 3 issues Dwight expressed to him as potential causes.

JVG then stated that SVG discussed the issue of his negatively with the entire team the following day at practice.

That's what I'm getting from the latest Sentinel article on tonight's game. Hasn't been mentioned in here yet.

Now that changes the whole thing and makes us look like fools here, however I still stand by the fact Dwight needs to get his head straight for once and keep it there. It seems like every time it's the same thing! Stan and Dwight feud they kiss and make up then the Magic go on to run the league....well as long as we are winning I guess nothing is wrong eh?

But ESPN also said that none of the player knew that Dwight was going to say what he said. I think this was the world according to Dwight and he may not have had consensus from the team.

Doc Rivers disagreed with Stan and said he should be who he is regardless of what the players think. He's right.

So Stan, how's that new attitude working for you? They almost blew it last night. The negativity was on the floor not on the sideline last night. Malaise, lousy passing, not taking care of the ball. Sound familiar! It's the players not Stan.