Sign in to follow this  
Svanxx

Game Thread: Orlando Magic at Boston Celtics, 8 PM, 11/20/2009

You know maybe you guys (in general) should stop complaining about VC's shooting over the course of the game and start celebrating-

OUR DEFENSE~!

You guys were so quick to complain about it, how about giving all the guys props for holding "The Big Three" and their cohorts to their worst shooting since Allen and KG joined the Celtics?

34.5 percent, for the record. We "out-Boston-ed" Boston in THEIR gym while they had everyone and we had no Jameer.

Yes, Jeff Van Gundy, there ARE statement games in the NBA, and this was one. The "D" is back in the orlanDo magic.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I have nothing against Carter. My only knock on him is his attacking the basket. Yeah he did it tonight but did you guys see how Paul Pierce plays. Man it's beautiful to watch. If the shot isn't going he attacks the basket for fouls. I just wish it was Carter at the free throw line more not Howard. I'm just sick of watching Howard missing more and more free throws every game. I just want Vince to be that guy with 10 free throw attempts per game.

I cant stand watching him anymore. Pierce is such an actor when he drives. He knows it we know it. He drives and flinches like ppl are throwing elbows at him. I dont respect ppl who's goal is to fake a foul.

It's not like he's driving and going hard for a bucket, he's driving to put on an act for the refs and get to the line

Act or not it's working. Maybe Vince needs to start acting more. I just want Vince at the foul line as many chances as he can get.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I have nothing against Carter. My only knock on him is his attacking the basket. Yeah he did it tonight but did you guys see how Paul Pierce plays. Man it's beautiful to watch. If the shot isn't going he attacks the basket for fouls. I just wish it was Carter at the free throw line more not Howard. I'm just sick of watching Howard missing more and more free throws every game. I just want Vince to be that guy with 10 free throw attempts per game.

i agree im happy to have the ball in vinces hands but i want him to start playing by an 11 year vet some of shot selection is terriable.

i understand he has been on teams were he was it for most of his career but when you have the team you do around you will shot selection and using your team is a must.

towards the end of the game when he drew the 2+1 foul on pierce i would of loved to see a few of our guys slashing to the basket but we got the desired result out of it.

i also think it is unacceptable to have dwight only get 4fga in such an important game. i am really thinking we are going to miss jameer getting the ball into him.

You know what f**k this I'm done. I'm not complaining I just want something from Vince that nobody on this team can't do but Vince. F**k this sh**. Good game Magic I'm Out. Enjoy the victory fellas.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:

Rob I dont want you hating Vince becuz of irrational people like VCdaCarter. Just dont take what they say seriously, it's obvoiusly with little logic. I do the same thing with VaBaCh.

and ya I cant believe the Clips are up by what 14 now?

This is vince's team now.

Oh yeah, shouldn't you be in the clips forum?

This is exactly what I mean...I'd give him 14 years old. Maybe

I love Vince bro, just when you come on here and say dumb stuff like, "omfg Dwight can move over, becuz it's vinsanityslammjamma's team now,greatest player all time, everyone sucks but Vince Carter." Just makes things worse and is annoying

Those are your words, not mine.

P.S. It's been over 10 years since I was 14.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

You know maybe you guys (in general) should stop complaining about VC's shooting over the course of the game and start celebrating-

OUR DEFENSE~!

You guys were so quick to complain about it, how about giving all the guys props for holding "The Big Three" and their cohorts to their worst shooting since Allen and KG joined the Celtics?

34.5 percent, for the record. We "out-Boston-ed" Boston in THEIR gym while they had everyone and we had no Jameer.

Yes, Jeff Van Gundy, there ARE statement games in the NBA, and this was one. The "D" is back in the orlanDo magic.

That was an very good defensive game by the Magic aided by some poor 3-pt shooting from Boston.

I also have to give Shard a lot more credit for his team D. The difference with him back in the lineup is night & day. Yes he gives up too many offensive boards & yes he gives up too many layup on rotations, but he's 10x more active that both his backups!

Bass is pretty effective blitzing pick-n-rolls & defending post players 1 on 1, but I've been surprised by the lack of resistence he offers in rotations. RA is near useless defensively.

Welcome back SHARD!

I follow the Magic now because of Vince Carter as well, and this is Dwight Howard's team..no two ways about it. Vince realizes that as well. Even if VC has more points some nights, Dwight's post-presence, defense, and rebounding usually decide the outcome of games for the Magic

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:

Rob I dont want you hating Vince becuz of irrational people like VCdaCarter. Just dont take what they say seriously, it's obvoiusly with little logic. I do the same thing with VaBaCh.

and ya I cant believe the Clips are up by what 14 now?

This is vince's team now.

Oh yeah, shouldn't you be in the clips forum?

As much as I love VC, and what he is doing for us, this team will always belong to Jameer and Dwight.