Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

The Official World Cup 2010 thread

quote:
Originally posted by adsm:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

lol, I remember the days when FIFA was that way. FIFA 2000 you could score nearly every time you crossed the ball either with a bicycle kick or with a header.

this was an absolute fail safe on 'Nintendo World Cup' on the NES - cross from the byline, bicycle kick from the edge of the box, and the ball did the bulging thing before busting the net

this very game is also the reason I have a soft spot for Cameroon whenever they play - their team in this game absolutely sucked and, 20 years on, the sympathy persists...

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I want to see Brazil and Germany play each other, both look unstoppable.

I want to see Argentina and Brazil even more.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

That would be perfect if Brazil ended up winning. I would hate to see it if it meant Argentina winning, though. Best way would be a blowout game with Dunga smacking Maradona in the face after the game was over.

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

PES 2010 is much better, but let's not start an argument because I WILL NOT change my mind.

smile_shardhappy.png

You know what, I used to love Winning Eleven and it used to be superior to FIFA in almost every way, but FIFA 09 and 10 have outdone themselves and Winning Eleven (PES) has kept the arcadeish style to it, which I don't like so much now.

Nowadays it's almost like comparing 2k10 to NBA live 10, without the server problems, obviously.

agreed, pes just stopped improving around 2006, i mean they never got rid of that annoying bug where if the ball if going out for a goal kick the defender (even if you're controlling him) will run and touch it so it goes for a corner. Then 9 times out of ten your opponent scores from the corner. ANNOYING!!

Dude, you have to keep R2 pressed while moving away from the ball, if you got a PS2 or 3, obviously.

Now, I've played FIFA 10 and I really can't understand how the hell people enjoy it.

Unresponsive commands sometimes, unrealistic bits of play. Player faces aren't accurate for most of the cases, etc.

Let's keep it like this, you guys play FIFA, I play PES and we all remain happy.

AND REMEMBER, Tomorrow chear for PORTUGAL!

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

Hope Ghana beats Uruguay on Friday.

I wanna see me African brothers do well.

I have no connection to ghana but sincerely hope they win - better for the tournament, and suarez (and others) fall over far too much - I think the sniper that has been shooting ronaldo mid-canter for the last few years has taken to a new target

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

I am happy to see the Dutch play Brazil. no one seems to be paying attention to them, but that is going to be a great game.

I would love to see the Dutch win.

quote:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, Spain vs Portugal is going to be sick tomorrow. Ronaldo me.

I'm nervous about it. I think Portugal is going to try to replicate what the Swiss did. Play back and look for the odd counter attack. Spain had 14 shots on goal vs. Switzerland, the Swiss had two. I think Portugal would be happy to let penalties decide the victor. Yikes.

quote:
Originally posted by adsm:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

Hope Ghana beats Uruguay on Friday.

I wanna see me African brothers do well.

I have no connection to ghana but sincerely hope they win - better for the tournament, and suarez (and others) fall over far too much - I think the sniper that has been shooting ronaldo mid-canter for the last few years has taken to a new target

Uruguay! It's good to see the old power come back after nearly 60 years. They won't get past Brazil/Holland, but I want them to beath Ghana.