Sign in to follow this  
gporter

Barnes NEEDS to start over Pietrus

SVG shouldn't really worry about Pietrus or Barnes dishing the ball at all. If they do then that's good but I think we should rely mostly on Nelson and Carter for setting up our players. Carter should become our 2nd best facilitator. That's what we got our of Turk last season and Carter should take on that role. Pietrus and Barnes we shouldn't expect much from them. But we need to hope that their defense gets better when guarding the top scorers in the league every night. That should be our main concern from Pietrus and Barnes. But it really doesn't matter who starts between the 2. They both offer about the same anyways. Barnes is just a better rebounder as of now.

Either way, don't want to come off as a ******, just thought I'd bring up the discussion. I agree about Carter and Nelson, but can you ever have enough guys to setup the offense?

I'm going to go do some things, so I won't be able to respond for a little while, but I just wanted to get this discussion started.

Barnes is fine with me starting provided he doesnt start chucking shots if its not falling.

I say just decide on the starting 5 already and barring ankles and the flu let's see how we look after 15 or so games which is what SVG is trying to do I think.

Either way we need chemistry right now out of starting 5 and dont have it. Vince looks undecisive at times on both ends of the floor and I hope he finds his niche' soon. I believe it will come together now that Shard is back.

I'm ok with either one starting at the 3. The big question is who is going to backup Lewis at the 4. Anderson or Bass.

Barnes is an overachiever. He is not anywhere close to the level of Gerald Wallace or AK47.

If he picks it up from 3 maybe start him but with his horrendous shooting that is one less guy the other team needs to cover thus allowing them to double down on Dwight.

You guys got it all wrong. When I said Barnes is like our version of Gerald Wallace I meant to say that his game play is like Gerald Wallace. Just how he hustles on every play and try to get every rebound. Love them type of players but I didn't mean to make it seem like Barnes is just as good as Wallace. I just love both players hustle.

Yeah, I wasn't saying he is anywhere near as good as AK-47, just that he is a hustle guy and a jack of all trades, specializing on defense, similar to Kirilenko.

He doesn't have near the offensive game that Crash has.

Nonetheless, he is a great glue guy, and if his 3's would start falling, he'd be a great fit in the starting lineup.

I'm a proponent of starting games with

Nelson/Carter/Lewis/Anderson/Howard

Subbing to Nelson/Pietrus/Barnes/Lewis/Howard at the first opportunity.

Pietrus and Barnes are energy guys who are best used to sustain or break open a lead by running the break. The three-point shooting provided by my starting lineup gives the team a lead to defend.