Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Anybody even the slightest bit worried about our summer moves?(link)

I like all the moves we've made this summer, but the only thing I didn't like was that we didn't get a defensive PG. It's a good thing that Otis try to trade for Watson, because that just goes to show us that he also see it as a need, and I think he'll address it in the near future.

I wouldn't be surprise if he re-open talks with the Warriors about Watson before the trading deadline.

lets not forget we rarely have had more than half our starters available.

with massive injuries and sickness we have players shuffling in and out of different roles and guys cant get comfortable.

Otis dropped the ball this offseason, we had a great team and a formula that worked. He changes everything and now we have a bad team.

The only new players we have I don't hate with a burning passion are Jwill and Anderson.

Im not worried about the moves yet at all...we have yet to play a game at full strength this year...Maybe monday we will for the first time if anderson comes back...also we went 7-3 in the first 10 games...Lets just say we go 7-3 every 10 games we play that would put us at

56-24 with 2 more games to go and potential for 58 wins on the year...That would be 1 game worse than last year with having problems and injuries early...so everyone needs to relax we will be fine and it is WAY too early to panic. Lewis will give us a shooter that can put up points in bunches as can anderson when healthy...I also feel 7-3 every 10 games would be a worst case scenario if we stay healthy...WAY TO EARLY TO PANIC

Last year's team was also 7-3 at this time.

Matt Barnes needs to stop chucking up 3s so much. He's a good player and great defender (shows a lot of hustle). His shot really isn't consistent enough, though.

I think a huge problem here (that will get fixed soon) is that our role players have been chucking up a lot of shots and trying to lead in scoring (or at least show some good numbers) so SVG ends up giving them more minutes. They know once Rashard is back they'll be for the most part riding the bench for more minutes, and so it's almost like they're trying to defy their own abilities and shoot themselves into a starting position or just more minutes. What they're doing instead is shooting themselves in the foot... or shooting everyone in the foot, because it's hurting the entire team.

Anyone agree? I didn't word myself very well, but I think you can understand what I'm trying to get at.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Last year's team was also 7-3 at this time.

Matt Barnes needs to stop chucking up 3s so much. He's a good player and great defender (shows a lot of hustle). His shot really isn't consistent enough, though.

I think a huge problem here (that will get fixed soon) is that our role players have been chucking up a lot of shots and trying to lead in scoring (or at least show some good numbers) so SVG ends up giving them more minutes. They know once Rashard is back they'll be for the most part riding the bench for more minutes, and so it's almost like they're trying to defy their own abilities and shoot themselves into a starting position or just more minutes. What they're doing instead is shooting themselves in the foot... or shooting everyone in the foot, because it's hurting the entire team.

Anyone agree? I didn't word myself very well, but I think you can understand what I'm trying to get at.

THIS EXACTLY!

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Otis dropped the ball this offseason, we had a great team and a formula that worked. He changes everything and now we have a bad team.

The only new players we have I don't hate with a burning passion are Jwill and Anderson.

7-3.

quote:

Why don't you go back to cavsfanatics.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

7-3.

He's a nob