Sign in to follow this  
Da_Coach

2 of 15 used up

At full strength with a rhythm we are arguably the deepest team ever assembled, but these unfortunate bumps in the road via injuries to carter, anderson and the suspension of Shard is eating into our opportunity to set ourselves up for the best possible position to win a championship.

This is by no means an over reaction, we will still get it together and win probably 60 plus games, but at this point I feel we are a legitimate contender and am holding this team to a championship standard.

There are 3 legitimate contenders Orlando, LA and Boston (San Antonio I believe Duncan and Ginobili are not the same players, and their defense is not what it once was to make a legit run) that are all very evenly matched at full strength, so I believe home court will be the deciding factor.

If that is the case I believe 15 games is our permissible loss limit in order to secure home court. We have already dropped 2 of those 15 early on to teams that we should have beat. OKC not so much as we were severely shorthanded missing 3 of our 5 starters, as they are a young, talented, athletic team playing at home, but we definitely should have beaten Detroit if it wasn't for the Javie show.

In the beginning of the year I thought to myself that the only thing that can stop us was injuries and I know injuries are a part of the game and ours are rather minor ones, but I can't help looking at the big picture and how important overall home court will be. Two cheap losses early on really sucks especially considering we might rack up a couple more, as it may take some time to integrate everyone back together, tweak our lineup and find our rhythm when everyone is finally back.

I know inevitably some will think it's not that big of a deal, but winning a championship is extremely tough especially for a small market team and we need every possible thing to our advantage in order to accomplish that goal. I'm telling you guys home court will be crucial and it sucks our luck has soured with these injuries. I hope that this will be it for the year and we get back on track, gain our rhythm and still get the top seed on our way to a ring.

Got to improve that D as well.

At full strength with a rhythm we are arguably the deepest team ever assembled, but these unfortunate bumps in the road via injuries to carter, anderson and the suspension of Shard is eating into our opportunity to set ourselves up for the best possible position to win a championship.

This is by no means an over reaction, we will still get it together and win probably 60 plus games, but at this point I feel we are a legitimate contender and am holding this team to a championship standard.

There are 3 legitimate contenders Orlando, LA and Boston (San Antonio I believe Duncan and Ginobili are not the same players, and their defense is not what it once was to make a legit run) that are all very evenly matched at full strength, so I believe home court will be the deciding factor.

If that is the case I believe 15 games is our permissible loss limit in order to secure home court. We have already dropped 2 of those 15 early on to teams that we should have beat. OKC not so much as we were severely shorthanded missing 3 of our 5 starters, as they are a young, talented, athletic team playing at home, but we definitely should have beaten Detroit if it wasn't for the Javie show.

In the beginning of the year I thought to myself that the only thing that can stop us was injuries and I know injuries are a part of the game and ours are rather minor ones, but I can't help looking at the big picture and how important overall home court will be. Two cheap losses early on really sucks especially considering we might rack up a couple more, as it may take some time to integrate everyone back together, tweak our lineup and find our rhythm when everyone is finally back.

I know inevitably some will think it's not that big of a deal, but winning a championship is extremely tough especially for a small market team and we need every possible thing to our advantage in order to accomplish that goal. I'm telling you guys home court will be crucial and it sucks our luck has soured with these injuries. I hope that this will be it for the year and we get back on track, gain our rhythm and still get the top seed on our way to a ring.

Got to improve that D as well.

*** is the point of this thread. the premise of the whole 15 loss thing is stupid. playoff basketball is a totally different game and the teams who deserve to win, will.***

***Unless the NBA fix is on, then the team that should win won't.