Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Dwight Getting Tired of the Hack Jobs...

I understand the mentality of wanting our guys to get more physical and dish out some punishment for what we get on a nightly basis, but come on....honestly, with how refs call our games as it is do you guys want Dwight to play even less than 16 minutes? The offensive "fouls" are what gets me the most.

The refs blow the whistle on us after slight to no contact every time as it is. Imagine if our guys actually DID committ fouls, hard ones at that. Our once deepest team in the league would go into shambles because of all the flagrant fouls and suspensions they would issue.

Gotta love politics. icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

I remember when teams went to the hack a Shaq method as well. I know we have no need to bring him up but it is a great example. Did the league stop that or change it? As far as I am aware they didn't.

Shaq went from averaging 9.9 FTA per game with ORL to 10.9 FTA per game with LA.

quote:
Originally posted by SuperPerson:

I understand the mentality of wanting our guys to get more physical and dish out some punishment for what we get on a nightly basis, but come on....honestly, with how refs call our games as it is do you guys want Dwight to play even less than 16 minutes? The offensive "fouls" are what gets me the most.

The refs blow the whistle on us after slight to no contact every time as it is. Imagine if our guys actually DID committ fouls, hard ones at that. Our once deepest team in the league would go into shambles because of all the flagrant fouls and suspensions they would issue.

Gotta love politics. icon_rolleyes.gif

No, screw that! When you have a bully messing with you, ignoring it is never the answer. You stand up to that bully, and make it clear in no uncertain terms this will not be tolerated. You may not win the fight, but the message becomes clear.

Friday is my day for evaluating the Magic. I could care less what they do tonight (other than win, of course). When Friday comes around, I want to see lots of Pistons picking themselves off the court after Bass/Barnes knocks them there.

Send the message, Magic Enforcers: The days of simply abusing Howard because you are unable to play defense against him are numbered....

And to the league. I thought about this when 'hack-a-Shaq' came out too.....If you're INTENTIONALLY fouling someone, it's a FLAGRANT FOUL!!! That's pretty much the definition isn't it????

Wouldn't it be great if my boy Redick became one of the enforcers? Think about it; he's got nothing to lose, and he could stand to be more physical, and bring out some of that Dukie swagger and aggression. (Blue Devils are aggressive, right... Christian Lattener [sp?]?)

He would endear himself to Dwight, and the coaching staff, and might get that contract extension after all. He could be our Brawling Shooter.

Remember, you're only as strong as your weakest link...

I like my idea.

One thing Shaq always did at the beginning of every game, in his prime of course, was have a monster dunk with all his might and swing his legs in the air and kick his opponent. That sends a message that you mean business and demoralizes the opponent. He needs to try and rip the goal down on there heads more, as easy as that sounds.

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

And to the league. I thought about this when 'hack-a-Shaq' came out too.....If you're INTENTIONALLY fouling someone, it's a FLAGRANT FOUL!!! That's pretty much the definition isn't it????

no it is unsportsmanlike conduct that is why the nba will not change from flagrant to unsportsmanlike like the international rules.

they would be better scraping garde 1 and 2 flagrant and use unsportsmanlike for a grade 1 (2 shot + poss no extra penality) and flagrant 2+poss and extra pen insead of grade 2.

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

No, screw that! When you have a bully messing with you, ignoring it is never the answer. You stand up to that bully, and make it clear in no uncertain terms this will not be tolerated. You may not win the fight, but the message becomes clear.

Not when that bully happens to be the CEO and advisory staff.

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

dwight needs to knock some people out and get some respect haha

Seriously what good would that do??

i was joking. dwight is in a lose lose situation because of how powerful and big he is. On defense, he easily creates more contact because of his size providing a bigger window for offensive players to flop or run into him. On the flip side, referees assume that defenders do not effect dwight as much because of size. I think that refs consider his power and toughness inside against opposing players when calling fouls. I really dont agree with it, a foul is a foul, and you could call the game with a standard, whether or not one player dominates in size