Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Pacquiao VS Cotto

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

Hoping after this we see Floyd vs Pacman

There is nothing else to anticipate in the sport of boxing. That will be a great fight. Floyd is naturally bigger & incredibly skilled. His style will force Pacquiao out of his comfort zone and force him to fight Floyd's fight. But, it's hard to pick against a warrior like Pacquiao.

I think it is going to be a great fight, people seem to forget that Cotto beat Moseley pretty easy. I don't think Manny can knock out Cotto, Cotto's only loss came to a MUCH bigger Margarito who had Cement on his hands. Manny will NOT hit as hard as Margarito that night. I think it will be a close hard fight, with Manny getting the desition. Also let me say, Mayweather would lose to eather of these guys.

Cotto will lose, but it will be a tough fight. Cotto is bigger and remember that Paquiao weights less and has to go up to fight Cotto.

Hopefully this fight is worth paying for!

Okay it looks like I am gonna be the only one to support my boy Cotto in this one at least here. Listen guys you have to take several things into account for this fight . Yes Paquiao is supposed to be in the pound for pound discussion but I will give you reasons to question him in this fight . First Pac has not fought someone with the size or strength of Cotto not to mention his heart . Second in the last few fights he has fought yes he won but against a washed up Hatton same for Golden Boy Delahoya. Also he fought Juan Manuel Marquez and didnt win very convincingly . Third he is moving up in weight to fight Cotto which could take away some of his speed how much I cant say Fourth Cotto is excellent at cutting off the ring and if Pac stands toe to toe with Cotto and tries to trade blows which he will eventually mark my words he will lose . Cotto by KO in the 9th round .

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
Before the Hatton fight, I would have said it could go either way. But now, there is no doubt in my mind Pacquaio will dominate.

Hatton was an over-hyped amateur fighter that promoters exploited to get the dollars of off dumb British fans who would fly over thinking he actually had a chance against world class fighters.

Pac-man's gonna have his hands full with the naturally bigger man in Cotto, and if he can win, I think it's definitive that he's the best pound for pound in the world until Floyd will step up to him.

And Sugar Shane could probably beat both of them, but he'll never get a real shot.

Couldn't agree more with the Hatton statement I'm one of the few in Britain that said he's not in the same league as the top tier guys in his division and called manny knocking him out in the 3rd - he didn't even last that long!! The best British boxer was easily Joe Calzaghe I dont think he was too well know in the us but he absolutely destroyed everyone in his division. Really was an awesome boxer

As for Manny vs Mayweather. I think it would be a very interesting fight. Mayweather is very elusive and a great defensive boxer I don't think Manny has fought anyone quite like him. I would not be able to call a winner out of those two. If Mayweather is offered enough he will fight - he's all about the money!

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:

quote:
Before the Hatton fight, I would have said it could go either way. But now, there is no doubt in my mind Pacquaio will dominate.

Hatton was an over-hyped amateur fighter that promoters exploited to get the dollars of off dumb British fans who would fly over thinking he actually had a chance against world class fighters.

Pac-man's gonna have his hands full with the naturally bigger man in Cotto, and if he can win, I think it's definitive that he's the best pound for pound in the world until Floyd will step up to him.

And Sugar Shane could probably beat both of them, but he'll never get a real shot.

Couldn't agree more with the Hatton statement I'm one of the few in Britain that said he's not in the same league as the top tier guys in his division and called manny knocking him out in the 3rd - he didn't even last that long!! The best British boxer was easily Joe Calzaghe I dont think he was too well know in the us but he absolutely destroyed everyone in his division. Really was an awesome boxer

As for Manny vs Mayweather. I think it would be a very interesting fight. Mayweather is very elusive and a great defensive boxer I don't think Manny has fought anyone quite like him. I would not be able to call a winner out of those two. If Mayweather is offered enough he will fight - he's all about the money!

calzaghe was insanely good, don't know why he didn't get more recognition

Hatton was a great fighter but I was as much a fan of his attitude than fighting ability! Just seemed light years away from the money-fuelled egos of most in the sport (and I can't see myself developing an attachment for Hayes anytime soon). Did you see Hatton's car? He bought an Only Fools & Horses Reliant Robin, love it.

article-1202547-05DAED63000005DC-205_468x309.jpg

C_71_article_385166_Body_Web_ArticleBlock_0_Image.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by adsm:

quote:
Originally posted by crisby pancakes:

quote:

quote:

calzaghe was insanely good, don't know why he didn't get more recognition

Hatton was a great fighter but I was as much a fan of his attitude than fighting ability! Just seemed light years away from the money-fuelled egos of most in the sport (and I can't see myself developing an attachment for Hayes anytime soon). Did you see Hatton's car? He bought an Only Fools & Horses Reliant Robin, love it.

article-1202547-05DAED63000005DC-205_468x309.jpg

C_71_article_385166_Body_Web_ArticleBlock_0_Image.jpg

I actually think Hayes is quite funny I loved the stunt with the two kitchkos heads being held by Hayes on that t shirt its nice to see someone being entertaing in that division - the eastern Europeans are soooooo boring.

I will admit when I heard Hatton had bought one i cracked up lulz