Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

Our Schedule (Just Look At January)

Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

I don't think this matters at all. Good teams don't have their seasons messed up by scheduling.

Now I feel like a bigger person. I don't get the opportunity to disagree with people in real life, so I have to do on the internet where I don't have to worry about people punching me in the face. SO EAT IT, FAUX HAWK.

LOL smile_happypuppy.gif

It definitely looks like a tough month. It all evens out in the end though. Our opening schedule is rather easy. I would prefer it gets tougher later in the year after the team has gotten more time to get used to playing together.

Thanks for posting this Hawk. Nothing wrong with a little schedule analysis. They've tried to set up a Murder's Row schedule like this before on us, and the Magic have stepped up and played well. I have no doubt that we're capable of doing it again.

A good team will win back to back games no matter who they play.

I used to think we had an advantage like 2 years ago when some teams played Miami on one night and Orlando the next one. I used to think "This should be an easy game. they played a tough games last night and must be tired" But that other team was in rythim and beat us. This happens many times!

Trust in your team kiddo.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Some of you guys are way too hostile.

Hawk was just doing some schedule analysis for us.

Some people just like getting heated on the interwebs.

I know instead of actually having a discussion about it, they want to make me be the bad guy. If they did not want to discuss it as adults, they can just not respond. I swear people like these on the internet must use their ability to type something in a forum to make themselves feel like a bigger person because they lack that experience in real life. Hide behind a computer and make yourself out to be some know it all internet cop. LOL Some life they must have since this is obviously the bane of their existence. Not to mention one of them cannot spell "schedule".

have you ever thought its because you can discuss it all day and there is nothing we can do about it and its a battle not worth fighting all day.

also its what the high paid sports players do to give us an 82 game season played 7 days a week in just over 5 months of the year. its reality all over the world take here in australia our nbl team face those same hassels they just deal with it. we have had games at home on wed night with an away game in north qld friday night then over to perth on sat night its just life of elite basketball teams.

Honestly though, if that's your logic, then nothing is really worth talking about on here, because we have no say so in any of it.

I personally like when members do analysis and spot trends in things like our schedule. Do I personally think there is a concerted effort to make things tougher on Orlando, no, but examining a rough part of our schedule is just as worthy (if not more worthy) of discussion than 90% of threads currently on the general board.

Nothing we say on this board has any meaning, so to point out ONE specific thread because it contains a topic we have no control over is asinine and hypocritical.

I will say, thankyou for puting this up. I had also noticed the schedule discrepency, I chart it each year. However, the last few years the Magic have had a lot of away games early in the year with most of the West Coast away games finished by the All Star break. That schedule this year could have been problematic. Considering all the new bodies, plus Shard's suspension, I am happy with this year's schedule. A price to pay so to speak, is the extra back to backs. I wished that all the top six teams didn't have each other on back to backs however. Thank goodness our team is DEEP!

quote:
Originally posted by hawkcobra2003:

I will say, thankyou for puting this up. I had also noticed the schedule discrepency, I chart it each year. However, the last few years the Magic have had a lot of away games early in the year with most of the West Coast away games finished by the All Star break. That schedule this year could have been problematic. Considering all the new bodies, plus Shard's suspension, I am happy with this year's schedule. A price to pay so to speak, is the extra back to backs. I wished that all the top six teams didn't have each other on back to backs however. Thank goodness our team is DEEP!

Well put, that is the type of response I was looking for. I think it could end up turning in to a positive. It may also mean we may actually end up being BETTER than our record we end the regular season with and teams will once again under-estimate us. I really do not like 10 more games being effected by a back to back. That is the real crime to me. It would not seem that hard that the league make sure every team has the same number of back to back games within one or two sets. I am sure a computer program can easily be made to adjust the schedule to where everyone has the exact number of back to back games. But who am I to tell the league how to "FIX" the schedule.

quote:

It would not seem that hard that the league make sure every team has the same number of back to back games within one or two sets. I am sure a computer program can easily be made to adjust the schedule to where everyone has the exact number of back to back games. But who am I to tell the league how to "FIX" the schedule.

I would be interested to know the definite answer on this.

Initially you would think it would be possible, but you have to take into consideration the fact that not all dates are equally available to every team. The Lakers and Clippers share an arena, the Spurs have the rodeo road trip, etc. Also, the shedule is unbalanced. The Magic may play one team 3 times while a different East team plays them 4 times.

I would think that those two factors alone would be enough to make it either impossible to have the same number and type of back to backs or at least very unlikely to be possible in any given year.

Reminds me of some conversations I have had with people that think the we bombed ourselves on September 11.

Hey, if you want to believe that the whole NBA is some kind of fix with a huge number of people conspiring to make sure that the Magic don't win, that is your right.

Your analysis of the schedule is interesting. Meanwhile some Cleveland or Boston fan has probably conjured up a similar intresting analysis showing why they were disadvantaged by the schedule makers.

All that matters is getting a W. The time for excuses is after the games are played.

quote:

...it would be one thing is the back to back game sets were all across the board for all of the other teams, but for the Magic to have 19 back to back and then the other elite teams to have 14, that is 10 games that are effected for the Magic that are not effected for their closest competition.

It's really only five games. The should be fresh and ready to go for the first game of a back to back.