Sign in to follow this  
nate dizzy

How bout them Cavs?

I've watched TNT tonight and they went back to the were analyzing the Cavs. Shaq slowed the offense and seem at times like he could care less if the Cavs win. What a terrible trade.

The Cavs did not fix any of the issues that were keeping them behind the Magic and Boston when they're healthy by bringing in Shaq. They'll make the playoffs with ease (with that much raw talent they have to) but they don't match up well at all with the other top teams in the East it seems.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

It seems more like a chemistry issue. The players just do not seem to gel together imo. However, it is still very early. I think some so called bad teams just might be in the playoffs this year ie-the Wizards.

Agree with you there, depending on how their injury situation shakes out. They have a pretty good line-up this year that can beat anyone on a nightly basis when they're healthy.

The Lebrons get no leniency. When a team is that over-hyped and overrated, they don't get the luxury of excuses. As it looks now, Lebron is going to have to carry that team, yet again, and he looks to be tired of it. Nobody else on that team is worth a crap in that situation, including Mike Brown.

Why do they need time to gel? isn't that what training camp and preseason is for? What is so friggin hard to know about Shaq? The guy isn't bringing in some obscure game. He stands in the post and waits to dunk or rebound. I wish Brown would try to play Shaq and Z together against us.

BTW, Mo Williams is garbage. HE was the answer last time. Shaq is the answer this time. Now Stephen Jackson is the new answer. WTH?

I guess this rant is mostly at those (everyone outside Orlando really) who over-hype the Lebrons and over-look the Magic. You can't preach and praise, then make excuses when the stats don't match your predictions. That gets no play in this ride.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

I remember that not long ago there was an Eastern Conference champion team that stated 0-2 with losses to the Hawks and the Grizzlies...

I agree they look a bit out of sorts and Mike Brown looked extremely silly last night running Z and Shaq together vs. that mobile front court of the Raps, but the Cavs are still a very good team...

If we had started out 0-2 last season because of poor rebounding and a lack of defensive effort then we would've been worried. The league's best shooting team was just off for those two games. It happens. The Cavs, on the other hand, aren't losing because Lebron randomly got in foul trouble or he's been cold. Their losing because when Lebron steps off the court with a 12 point lead, he comes back to a deficit. It's the same problem they've had, not for 2 games, but for many years. They are losing now because of their most glaring weakness and the fact that it is happening does speak volumes towards their team IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by Jaybird:

The Lebrons get no leniency. When a team is that over-hyped and overrated, they don't get the luxury of excuses. As it looks now, Lebron is going to have to carry that team, yet again, and he looks to be tired of it. Nobody else on that team is worth a crap in that situation, including Mike Brown.

Why do they need time to gel? isn't that what training camp and preseason is for? What is so friggin hard to know about Shaq? The guy isn't bringing in some obscure game. He stands in the post and waits to dunk or rebound. I wish Brown would try to play Shaq and Z together against us.

BTW, Mo Williams is garbage. HE was the answer last time. Shaq is the answer this time. Now Stephen Jackson is the new answer. WTH?

I guess this rant is mostly at those (everyone outside Orlando really) who over-hype the Lebrons and over-look the Magic. You can't preach and praise, then make excuses when the stats don't match your predictions. That gets no play in this ride.

Hey we couldn't even maintain our 30 point lead against a team that barely made the playoffs last season. It's obvious that teams need time to gell

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Orlando was 0-2 last year too, the fact that you think the Cavs are done because of the start of the season shows ignorance. Not to mention Stephen Jackson will probably be on that team in the next week, so they will be fine. Also it's not like they lost to Memphis or something, then they would really have no chance all year(sarcasm).

If the first two games are an indication, Cleveland needs to figure out how to play offense. Adding another person to stand around and force spot up up jumpshots whenever they aren't ISOing isn't going to solve that.

Through 2 games, the Cavs have a team offensive rating of 96.1.

Last year the worst Ortg in the league was the Clippers, with 102.3. That's the problem.

I'm not not saying the Cavs are great, I think they are overrated, but its insane to make judgements on a team or use statistics through two games. Not to mention they lost to good teams and Jackson can do more than be a spot up shooter. He certainly wouldn't make them worse and Anthony Parker has no business being a starter on any team trying to win a championship. That team just needs to get accustomed to the style of play changing with the addition of Shaq. I certainly don't think they are better than Orlando or Boston but they are not in trouble which is what some people seem to be suggesting.

You really struggle with reading comprehension. I don't know why I'm still surprised by it.

Toronto CERTAINLY isn't a "good defensive team", so for the Cavs to have no offense in that game that even approached coherent is cause for alarm, if not necessarily panic.

As for Jackson, well, frankly a Jackson for Z trade DOES make them worse because it nukes their center depth(forcing Shaq to play even more minutes) and strengthens them only at the 3, where they already have the league's best player. What they need is improvement at the 4 and 5, someone who can penetrate besides Lebron, and an offensive system that is more complicated than a middle school team. I wasn't saying Jackson is only capable of being a spot up shooter either; I was saying that in Cleveland's system, that's all he'd wind up being.

But I really liked this statement:

quote:
its insane to make judgements on a team or use statistics through two games.

Really? It's insane to make judgments based on two games, even when those judgments are specifically ABOUT those two games? It's insane to use statistics to support and add context to an analysis of two games when all the stats you're using are either clearly applicable comparative stats or are taken directly from the games in question?

DOM makes me happy.

After attending the CAVS Game last night I was able to clearly see two things...

1. Minnesota is very timid.

2. If the Cavs scheme Dwight in the same manner they did Al Jefferson it will be raining threes all night

quote:
Originally posted by nate dizzy:

There were actually tons of ESPN analysts picking them to win the East? I could see Lebron quitting on his team halfway through the season. They are 0-2 and need to worry about making the playoffs before they win the East. I worry about nobody in the East except for the Celtics in the first half of the season, before their tired legs and injuries begin. Go Magic!!!!

Well,..

No matter 0-2 or 2-1 or whatever else if anyone's expecting a Cavaliers championship mix out of Cleveland,..Don't.

Because clearly there's no legit basketball sense in the head shed. So this season is just a last stand prelude to where and why the summer of 2010 Happens,..and there's no reason why not.

mlb_james_sabathia_576.jpg