Sign in to follow this  
Penny Hardaway's Ghost

Linton Johnson waived?

While the empty seat on the bench may be an upgrade, the Magic will miss Johnson III's play making ability, his clutch 4th quarter shooting, his talent for finding the open fan in the sixth row, his passion for playing defense only when his offense is rolling, his--

No, wait. That was that other guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I just think it was a move that will only affect Men's Warehouse.

Ohh no and far from it,..talents to be acquired.

Trust me this move was forthcoming but it was contingent upon who became available after the final cuts around the league,..and such players just cleared the waiver wire.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

do tell...

Ok here you go,..

Believe it or not this is the time where the best teams gets even better. That is in regards to signing talent that doesn't require fork over compensation or a multi million dollar commit either,..the sharpest GM's with team needs show who's who on last cut moves.

So as a good willed visitor my guess is that it could very, very likely be Melvin Ely being brought in. Over an equally talented and younger Mike Sweetney who battles weight and focus as counters to his talent. See whatever move Otis makes It's going to be a pure position move and I don't think he'll pass on both of those talents,..I'd be shocked if he did.

Where if Almond was to be figured into being brought back. That would mean a guaranteed contract of adding expense and by position a trade would already been worked out and just not announced yet,..very possible but less likely.

Because aside from re-signing Almond would be more a harboring of talent move. Almonds a player for some team to get but he's not a positional need for the Magic. As well as I'd have no idea who the Magic would possibly be able to swap Redick or A.J. out for in return,..thus I think they're signing Ely.

See to have gotten rid of Almond was just as much a numbers game and as expected. As the decision to had held Linton Johnson as an insurance move if a better fit wasn't available,..Bass has the undersized post player slot on lock.

So now that Ely and Sweetney are both available and Johnson whose more a SF with a PF skills set it's time to move. Although Johnson has NBA talent but just isn't a better fit in the mold of this rosters other than those players,..both Ely and Sweetney can play the 4 and the 5 with more size, muscle and offense. Which adds to even more genuine size, ability and depth to how this team will be playing.

Although right or wrong on that presumption of it being Ely and not someone else. Also more so than seeing a trade forthcoming this early to re-fit Almond so Redick is possibly still safe.

But only because that $3 Million on Redick's contract won't be easy to move right now,..by trade deadline more likely.

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by HoopsCzar:

A move is in the works,..

I think the Magic could be signing Melvin Ely or Mike Sweetney. The outside shot is possibly even be bringing Morris Almond back,..we'll know by this time tomorrow.

do tell...

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

ARE YOU CAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING USEFUL?!?!

quote:

I guess but likely more than not you will be wrong.

You freaking TARD

Here's an interesting tidbit from the O-Sen:

Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy said for the team's first five games, Lewis will count against their limit of 12 active players and the Magic will only be able to actually dress 11 players. After five games, Lewis will be put on a "suspended" list and the Magic will be able to dress 12 players.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by HoopsCzar:

A move is in the works,..

I think the Magic could be signing Melvin Ely or Mike Sweetney. The outside shot is possibly even be bringing Morris Almond back,..we'll know by this time tomorrow.

do tell...

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

ARE YOU CAPABLE OF DOING ANYTHING USEFUL?!?!

ARE YOU CAPABLE OF DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT ON THESE FORUMS AND ACTUALLY HAVING A LIFE? ARE YOU? DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HURT ME? DO YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE ME CRY? THEN TAKE ON ME. TAKE ON ME. I'LL BE HOME FOR DINNER IN 5 MINUTES IF YOU MAKE THE PUDDING.

quote:

I guess but likely more then not you will be wrong.

Ahhh J,..

See where we've disagreed on a number of things and this merely being another. Let the record reflect that I've never been proven wrong and you've never been right,..something isn't it.

Thus even on guess if / when the Magic announces who's been signed. A Melvin Ely signing wouldn't only be more crow on your plate. But it'll also be a wise and beneficial positional addition to the team,..clearly you're not allergic to wolfing down feathers.

So in the spirit of festive forum fun for one and all a little birdie asked me to forward something for you to " Crow " about,..ROTFFLMAO !!!

EatCrow.jpg