Sign in to follow this  
DuvalMagicFan

In Chris Broussard's Opinion........

The BS from espn is just plain stupid. Once we beat Cleveland in game 9 of the NBA season and post a 9 and 0 record with Lewis coming back in a game, all these BSpn people are going to change their tune anyways.

BSpn must not be watching any of our preseason games. We are still going to kill teams with the 3 ball. How is Cleveland going to match up when Anderson is stroking 3's at the PF position? How is Shaq going to be able to play Howard all game. Shaq will be lucky to play over 25 minutes a game. Then what? Big Z is going to play his turtle speed D on Howard? Even Shaq could not keep up with Howard. Look how horrible Shaq looked against Howard last year when the Suns came to Orlando. BSpn still does not know how deep of a team we are still. Its going to be so funny to watch these guys flop to the Magic's side once the season gets going.

quote:
Originally posted by DuvalMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

they said lebron is a unselfish player

more foolishness.

in what sense are you referring? because in a basketball sense a player averaging upwards of 6 assists per game is not typically viewed as a selfish player...

Funny thing about that is - we still have Lewis which was the biggest matchup nightmare for them but when Hedo had good games we lost and when Hedo had bad ones we won against the Cavs in the playoffs.

a couple of things

isn't mr. anderson 6'11"? and can't he run? and can't he shoot lights out from three? and wasn't he acquired in the off season? i know he is not the type of player that hedo was for us but hes not chop liver and hes not done learning the game. i can totally see our depth allowing us to play a few styles of offense, one to compete with teams like boston and LA and another style to keep c town (and the prince) our female dog. an added benefit of using different line ups would be fresher bodies for the post season.

what i don't understand is that when we matched warlocks offer we kept a starting caliber center as a back up and got mixed reviews (mostly negative) but when the cavs trade for shaq they added a worn down 20 million dollar man and moved another worn down center with bad joints making $11.5 million to the bench and those guys are supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the magic?

magic centers = $21 million cavs centers = $31.5 million.

im not great at math and economics but let me get this straight paying $10.5 million more @ the position and getting half the quality in return makes them a better team? getting more bang for your buck is bad according to ESPN and its "experts"? I wonder how much Broussard and Simmons steal from espn?

I've scratched my head every time I've heard someone say we lost our matchup advantage against Cleveland because Turk left.

Uhh, last time I checked, their starting power forward is still Floppy McFlop Flop Flopperson and his sideshow Bob hair.

Rashard Lewis starts at the 4 if we end up in another series with Cleveland, no ifs ands or buts about it. Matt Barnes starts at the three. Hell, that's an UPGRADE on the defensive end versus what we showed them last year.

Matchup advantage is still there people.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:

more foolishness.

in what sense are you referring? because in a basketball sense a player averaging upwards of 6 assists per game is not typically viewed as a selfish player...

true. but notice when it becomes crunch time he doesnt even look for teammates. now that may be due to poor coaching, (Mike Brown is the most overrated coach in the league) but all the same, i think that number is a little inflated by early situations and inferior competition.

It frustrates me to no end because sports should be about regional solidarity. Living here in St Louis, it is eye opening because people are looney about the Cardinals here. Everyone knows the schedule and most of the players. I even saw a sign on a church marquee today that said 'Hope springs eternal - Pitchers and Catchers report on Feb 15th' (This after the Cardinals were swept out of the first round of the playoffs). However, go to a smaller town like Orlando and the extent of the coverage for the Magic is an AWFUL local newspaper, 1 or 2 radio shows, and a late night 30 minute show. Even sports radio in Orlando is largely nationally broadcasted shows. That is despicable. The best place to get Magic news is on a flipping message board!

So rather than the Green Bay effect, where at least everyone in the small community bands around their team, people in Orlando watch ESPN and become Boston fans. And they wonder why teams like Memphis can't come close to filling an arena. Why would people who live there pay money to go to a game (and thus expose themselves to the possibility of forming a bond with the team - Hey, they may not win a lot, but that OJ Mayo sure is fun to watch! He'll be really good one day! - and before long they begin to root for the team) when they can flip on yet another Kobe/LeBron game. I actually am intrigued by OKC because the community there really seems to have taken offense to their drubbing by the national media and is rallying around the Thunder and Durant.

In the end, I miss small communities where everyone goes to the high school football game, roots for their local pro team, and swears by the local eatery. I actually asked a guy where a good place to eat in town was and he scratched his head and said 'I really like Olive Garden...'

Maybe I should start a blog. Rev's Rants.

Of course, it would just be another drop in the proverbial bucket of information. There can never be another Martin Luther or Pablo Picasso.

If you will now excuse me, I will resume my construction of a time machine.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:

more foolishness.

true. but notice when it becomes crunch time he doesnt even look for teammates. now that may be due to poor coaching, (Mike Brown is the most overrated coach in the league) but all the same, i think that number is a little inflated by early situations and inferior competition.

how do you feel about Dwight Howard's rebounding and block totals? the player doing what he does or inferior competition?