Sign in to follow this  
gporter

Game Thread: Magic @ Mavericks 10/5

Yeah, but the missed Fts are a bit concerning. I looked at the breakdown and I guess Gortat did play a bit, he just wasn't playing well. Peaches, JJ, and Gortat, didn't play well, although the +/- stated Bass didn't play well. He was huge in the end game situation. Barnes, Bass and Williams did quite well given their first game.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Wow some magic fans are such ingrates sometiems, first game find ways to criticize people, amazing

fixed.

quote:
Originally posted by T_MAC:

quote:
Originally posted by VCMagic15:

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Carter will make 8-9 of those 13 shots one night and people will praise him. Give it time, I like the way he looked.

How many times did Hedo shoot 3-12 and lead the team in scoring?

+1

It's not about leading the team in scoring, it's about leading the team WIN. I didn't care when Hedo shot 3 of 431312 but hit the game winners and I feel same way about Carter

carter had the green light on threes but they weren't droping as much.

quote:
quote:

Carter will make 8-9 of those 13 shots one night and people will praise him. Give it time, I like the way he looked.

I don't remember Turkoglu taking 12 3pointers making only 3. Carter was 7/18FGA 3/12 3pt Thats insane.

Hedo had like a 1 for 16 game for 3 points against Indiana last year.....

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

I don't remember Turkoglu taking 12 3pointers making only 3. Carter was 7/18FGA 3/12 3pt Thats insane.

That was more like a bad Rashard game from last year.. too many threes, whether they went in or not (in this case not).

Good on Jameer, Rashard, Bass, Barnes, and J-Will... of course Dwight was Dwight... Stan's gotta shift people down a position and make Ryan Anderson the 9th guy in the rotation, not Redick. I have faith that Stan's gonna figure this one out, and quickly.

Also yeah.. MP really shouldn't start. He should be the 6th man and if he's playing well, limiting mistakes, then you leave him out there in the 2nd half.

Also lots of missed FTs, turnovers.. but the Magic still won sloppy anyway. A good sign, but there's a lot of work to do in the coming days.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

I am just surprised with the fact that no one has opened a new thread since the game ended...wow!

na the trade jj mob have enough support in here for now.

Naw my only problem with Vince shooting 3/12 3pt just shows that sometimes he can fall in love with chucking up bad shots. It was times he could've went to the basket or pulled up for a closer shot and he just took the 3's instead. Bad shots kept the Mavs close in this game. The Mavs were shooting terrible at one point. This game should've been a blowout be we had to take so many dang 3's. We have to take better shots. I know this is preseason but we been playing like this for 2 seasons now and this style of play showed that we can't beat L.A. playing this way. I hope Stan knows this. 12/38 3pt isn't going to cut it. It's a good thing the Mavs were shooting worst then we were.

quote:
Originally posted by datmagic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

It's not about leading the team in scoring, it's about leading the team WIN. I didn't care when Hedo shot 3 of 431312 but hit the game winners and I feel same way about Carter

He can take his 3s when he's open and I want him to attack the rim more... But it's just the first preseason game, I'm not too worry about his shooting performance. My only concern is team's FT shooting.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Naw my only problem with Vince shooting 3/12 3pt just shows that sometimes he can fall in love with chucking up bad shots. It was times he could've went to the basket or pulled up for a closer shot and he just took the 3's instead. Bad shots kept the Mavs close in this game. The Mavs were shooting terrible at one point. This game should've been a blowout be we had to take so many dang 3's. We have to take better shots. I know this is preseason but we been playing like this for 2 seasons now and this style of play showed that we can't beat L.A. playing this way. I hope Stan knows this. 12/38 3pt isn't going to cut it. It's a good thing the Mavs were shooting worst then we were.

Relax.. 1st pre-season game. Stop calling players names already.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by datmagic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1

He can take his 3s when he's open and I want him to attack the rim more... But it's just the first preseason game, I'm not too worry about his shooting performance. My only concern is team's FT shooting.

i agree i want someone who is agressive and will attack the rim. i got really frustrated along with most of you at our iq on the court.

if the refs are going to blow weak fouls like today i want to thier big men in foul trouble not just ours.