Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

Is it possible that Cav Fans have seen the light?

I didn't read the whole thing but I hate the whole without Hedo talk. We got Vince Freaking Carter and a full 100% healthy Nelson back.

Hedo was great for us, but Jeez come on.

Another point that many seem to ignore is Rashard's capability of taking over as he did in some games in the playoffs. His post moves are underrated and seldom used in the regular season. He can contribute much more. I hope SVG sees that and explores the option.

and VC is here people. Its true, I know some of you still don't believe that

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I didn't read the whole thing but I hate the whole without Hedo talk. We got Vince Freaking Carter and a full 100% healthy Nelson back.

Hedo was great for us, but Jeez come on.

Another point that many seem to ignore is Rashard's capability of taking over as he did in some games in the playoffs. His post moves are underrated and seldom used in the regular season. He can contribute much more. I hope SVG sees that and explores the option.

and VC is here people. Its true, I know some of you still don't believe that

I could never get a grip on that Hedo loss weakens us issue, especially when we got VC is confusing!! In fact, as much as I loved Hedo's efforts and what he brought us, there is no comparission with VC in their individual accomplishments...at all!

The other item I think many is having Bass, Barnes and Anderson, all of which they either persued or wish they had (remember both Bass and Barnes flew to Cleveland) provides us with some real toughness, muscle on the defensive end of the court, while bringing very respectable offensive numbers as well! The last thing that is overlooked, is our bench, at the 5 D12 will own Shaq, and Marcin is better than Z. Floppy can/will not keep up with Shard and I am really trying to get a better understanding of the Delonte West shuts down VC............WHAT???

Regarding the "without Hedo" perceptions, they are oblivious. What they don't understand is Hedo's sometimes lackluster play that really set our team back. I'm not taking anything away from Hedo, he's still above average compared to most NBA players, but he's not a consistantly reliable asset. All the media sees is the highlights, they don't see the full 48 minutes of each game like our Magic fans.

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

Regarding the "without Hedo" perceptions, they are oblivious. What they don't understand is Hedo's sometimes lackluster play that really set our team back. I'm not taking anything away from Hedo, he's still above average compared to most NBA players, but he's not a consistantly reliable asset. All the media sees is the highlights, they don't see the full 48 minutes of each game like our Magic fans.

An excellent diagnosis there Skinny!!! I couldn't agree more! What is more commical is that the other teams in the east, "Bar None" spent their offseason trying to match up to....not Cleveland or Boston, but to us!!!! This speaks volumes!!!!!

It's so f-ing ridiculous how now everybody is saying that Hedo was THE essential cog in our team last year. Now that we've lost him, we've lost our ability to create mismatches. Ya know, this sounds more just like a way for (insert Eastern conference team name here) fans to make themselves feel better about facing us.

I'm gonna jump off the fence here. I'm not afraid of saying it. Hedo held us back. Yes, he did have a number of clutch shots flashing a bit of 'Mr. 4th Quarter'. But how many of those games got to that last second point BECAUSE of Hedo? As has been mentioned, he's not consistent and as an offensive player, he's not that efficient. Vince Carter is without a doubt, more consistent, more efficient, more athletic, more versatile. Prime case, remember the game when Hedo hit that crazy 3 pointer to beat the Raptors at the end and he popped his Magic jersey at the end? Yea, that was crazy, not only b/c he made it and that it was perhaps an ill-advised shot..but the fact that he made it after stinking up the ENTIRE game. We would NOT have been in that position had we a..I dunno, a Vince Carter instead of Hedo.

Additionally, I felt he held Rashard back from truly unleashing himself. Rashard's just too much of a team player. I remember when Hedo went out of the game to rest and our offense (for once) centered around Rashard in that span. Man, we posted him up over and over and he got point after point. I was like..'where was THIS Rashard this whole time?' then I realized, oh yea, Hedo was in the game at the time with him. Hedo held Rashard back with his demand for the ball, and his poor efficiency.

Now I will put my obligatory disclaimer. I do NOT hate Hedo to to all the Hedo fans that have not moved on to the Raptor's forum. I support all who wear the Magic blue.

-Charlius-

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

I can't wait to check out Toronto forums about midway through the season and see the trade Hedo threads lmao.

haha so true.

It will probably get bad enough where will see a thread suggesting that they send Turk back here for VC.

They will be that desperate.

i always thought that real gm was where the 5 cavs fans that have a good knowledge of the game wrote as they were banned from cavfanatic for knowing too much and talking the truth.