Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Looks like Courtney Lee wants to make Magic fans hate him/front office

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFan7687:

lemme use a sports analogy.... "Tommy Gun is a great fighter but a Rocky Balboa he'll never be!"

use a better movie

i get your point but if he is going to compare himself to ben wallace, t-mac, corey and mike then fine but he still has a long way to go skill-wise...we may have lost the finals anyway but it would have added morale and motivation so we dont know what would have happened...one made shot could change the future

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Yeah.. assuming Dwight spends all, or at least 90% of his career in Orlando (like Ewing in NY until the end when he came here, for example) we'll have at least two championship windows. Most likely, anyway, as long as Otis keeps up the good work.

This first championship window'll probably last another 2-3 seasons, when VC and Rashard approach their mid-30's and their contracts run out.

After that, we'll have to reload again (*crosses his fingers for 'Melo*) but most likely still around an in-his-prime Dwight and a veteran Jameer.... maybe the likes of Pietrus, Anderson, and/or Bass alongside as well. Plus who knows who we'll draft from now until 2011, 2012.. or pick up in free agency.

So it's now or never for VC and Shard.. obviously the young Magic guys like Dwight have time on their side.

Reloading our roster with Carmello would be sick! And its not far from reality.

It's no problem for me either if he wants to model himself after T-Mac, Magette, and Mike Miller. They're paid more than they're worth, have never made it past the second round, and only one of those three guys are all-stars. Also you can't forget the fact that they can't seem to get through a full season without getting injured

What he needs to understand that this is a business. Our first priority was to settle the Turkoglu deal. He was a big part of our team. Since we couldn't reach an agreement with Turkoglu we had to find a replacement for Turk that could give our team everything that Turk gave us. That's the real reason Vince Carter is here. To top that we also gained a go to guy at the end of games who can close out games with the best players in the league. Carter can run the offense and rebound well just like Turk did for us.

This had nothing to do with Lee and if Otis could've kept Lee and still brought in Carter then he would have. Since the Nets asked for Lee included in the deal we had no choice but to give Lee up for Carter. We needed a replacement for Turkoglu bad. Lee was just another role player that has potential to be great. Just a prospect. We want to win NOW. This decision is bigger than Lee. So now Lee needs to just accept his new team and new role as one of their go to guys and prove not only to the Magic and the league but to himself of what he's capable of becoming.

He shouldn't forget the team that drafted him and gave him a chance to become an NBA player. This is a privilege. Don't take it for granted. And don't feel not wanted because they traded him. Just play ball and have a great career. Lee has nothing to prove to the Magic. Carter just offers more to the Magic than what Lee offers. That's all. Lee should be honored that he was included in a deal for Carter. Alston and Battie were fillers but Lee was the main asset that the Nets were targeting to replace Carter and grow with Harris and the Nets franchise. He has a big role to fill. He's in a better opportunity. Now he has a chance to lead the Nets to the playoffs. Time to grow up and stop dwelling on the past. It's a business, get over it already. Good Luck Courtney Lee. Magic fans will miss you but he has to look at this as his chance to prove his worth in this league.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFan7687:

lemme use a sports analogy.... "Tommy Gun is a great fighter but a Rocky Balboa he'll never be!"

use a better movie

A better movie than rocky V, there is none..... example please?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

quote:

And you thought Jannero Pargo was a Magic Killer??

Ha!

We haven't seen anything yet. However I refuse to feel bad when the kid netted us (no pun intended) Vince Freggin' Carter. We'll only regret it if the trade doesn't bring us at least one NBA Title.

Exactly that is the point, 2 years is what we have. If we don't win a title in the next 2 years it was a bad trade. IMO you only sacrifice the future if it makes it so you are the favorite to win. Thats why it doesn't make sense to me, LA,Spurs and maybe a healthy Celts are still a little bit better. So why add 12 million dollars to the payroll and mess with the team chemistry? We got their with Lee as a rookie, and while he is improving VC will be declining.

Do you not understand the value of having VC's contract, and what kind of flexibility it gives us? Dwight is not 30. To suggest we have a 2 year window is absolutely ridiculous.

We have a 2 year window with VC, if we don't win with him than moving Lee was dumb. His flexibility his contract gives us? When in 2011? Rafer and Batties contracts expired after this year, so yeah I would rather have that money to say go after Wade or the other multiple all-stars in their prime. We took on money, the contract flexibility notion makes no sense.

I will give you 1000 dollars if you can explain how keeping Lee would've netted us Wade.

I don't think it would have been likely, but I think Wade wants to win more than anything and a combo of Battie and Rafer gone would have freed up nearly 12 million dollars. Now if we could have shed some more money, JJ, and Barnes will be expiring Gorata could be traded for cap relief and picksIt could have been possible, in this economy Wade could sign a deal for around 15 mil a season.We could have made a run at him with a reasonable offer. Its a long shot but now we have no cap flexibility a all. Plus all the other numerous FA, and Rudy Gay being a restricted FA and Memphis will probably deal him, look what they got for Gasol.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ha!

We haven't seen anything yet. However I refuse to feel bad when the kid netted us (no pun intended) Vince Freggin' Carter. We'll only regret it if the trade doesn't bring us at least one NBA Title.

Exactly that is the point, 2 years is what we have. If we don't win a title in the next 2 years it was a bad trade. IMO you only sacrifice the future if it makes it so you are the favorite to win. Thats why it doesn't make sense to me, LA,Spurs and maybe a healthy Celts are still a little bit better. So why add 12 million dollars to the payroll and mess with the team chemistry? We got their with Lee as a rookie, and while he is improving VC will be declining.

Do you not understand the value of having VC's contract, and what kind of flexibility it gives us? Dwight is not 30. To suggest we have a 2 year window is absolutely ridiculous.

we have a 2 year window as well as the opportunity to build up another 3-4 year window directly afterwards.

we have vince for a maximum of 3 years assuming we decide to use his non guaranteed third year.

If we let vince expire after that season and trade away Shards non guaranteed expiring last year we will have Dwight, jameer, bass' player option, and ryan anderson (assuming gortat gets traded and dwight doesn't use his ETO). we would only have a $33 million payroll.

This assumes we add no more long term deals and no draft picks.

This gives us a lot of flexibility to restock and open a whole new window.

No way Otis picks up that option on VC though, that would be horrible. Yeah we will have cap space, I am just saying if VC does not get us a ring and then he is let go then what was the point? Lee is much younger and cheaper and we got to the finals with him.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ha!

We have a 2 year window with VC, if we don't win with him than moving Lee was dumb. His flexibility his contract gives us? When in 2011? Rafer and Batties contracts expired after this year, so yeah I would rather have that money to say go after Wade or the other multiple all-stars in their prime. We took on money, the contract flexibility notion makes no sense.

I will give you 1000 dollars if you can explain how keeping Lee would've netted us Wade.

I don't think it would have been likely, but I think Wade wants to win more than anything and a combo of Battie and Rafer gone would have freed up nearly 12 million dollars. Now if we could have shed some more money, JJ, and Barnes will be expiring Gorata could be traded for cap relief and picksIt could have been possible, in this economy Wade could sign a deal for around 15 mil a season.We could have made a run at him with a reasonable offer. Its a long shot but now we have no cap flexibility a all. Plus all the other numerous FA, and Rudy Gay being a restricted FA and Memphis will probably deal him, look what they got for Gasol.

If we hadn't traded for Carter, and had let Alston and Battie expire, we'd still be no more than 3m under the salary CAP. 3m < 15m. You fail.

Also, your last sentence makes absolutely zero sense.

The only way Riley is trading Wade is for Kobe or Lebron. Nothing we had will give us Wade. Riley doesn't work that way. If he's going to trade his star player than he will want a star in return. Not an up and coming player like Courtney Lee.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ha!

If we hadn't traded for Carter, and had let Alston and Battie expire, we'd still be no more than 3m under the salary CAP. 3m < 15m. You fail.

Also, your last sentence makes absolutely zero sense.

Yeah right now, but it was obvious Otis had no interest in leaving space for Wade so he used every dime he could. I'm saying I would rather have sacrificed this season to net Wade, and Memphis has already been reported that they have had talks about Rudy Gay.