Magic07-08

How do you play out the rest of the NBA Playoffs

Utah

San Antonio

Cleveland

Detroit

San Antonio Vs. Cleveland

San Antonio

Right now I say Bulls almost come back and lose 4 games to 3. Cleveland finishes of New Jersey. Utah loses to San Antonio 4-1. Clevleand beats Detroit 4-3. San Antonio wins title in 6 games 4-2

Utah

San Antonio

Cleveland

Detroit

San Antonio Vs. Cleveland

San Antonio

Right now I say Bulls almost come back and lose 4 games to 3. Cleveland finishes of New Jersey. Utah loses to San Antonio 4-1. Clevleand beats Detroit 4-3. San Antonio wins title in 6 games 4-2

I guess is pretty difficult to see cleveland in the finals of the nba. I guess detroit win them 4-2, but who know?

I think Phoenix can still beat SA, even without Amare, but they need a perfect game, so this is not a done deal yet.

But more than likely it will be SA vs Detroit, with SA taking it all.

BY THE WAY,......this belongs in around the NBA not the MAgic forum. It will be moved....

One quick comment before this is moved. If San Antonio, Utah, Cleveland and Detroit all make it to the Conference finals you guys do realize those are all teams that play grind it out ball, good defense and try to play a half-court game only running when opportunity presents itself.

In other words, teams that play an up-tempo style like Otis wants to run will be sitting at home.

Food for thought.

Junkie, they play that way because their players are better suited for that style and/or their coaches only run that style.

It doesn't have much to do with it being a better system. It's the type of cast in each team.

Look at what the Warriors did to Dallas, and how good they played against Utah. They could have won that series easily if they had a rebounder to take care of second chance points.

Chicago finally woke up and is taking care of things with two very convincing wins.

Our cast is better suited to run and outrun the other team.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Junkie, they play that way because their players are better suited for that style and/or their coaches only run that style.

It doesn't have much to do with it being a better system. It's the type of cast in each team.

Look at what the Warriors did to Dallas, and how good they played against Utah. They could have won that series easily if they had a rebounder to take care of second chance points.

Chicago finally woke up and is taking care of things with two very convincing wins.

Our cast is better suited to run and outrun the other team.

I'm not convinced. Those teams also have great point guards, which we do not.

The point still stands though. Those teams were built to run with personnel that fits that style but they could all be sitting at home because the grind it out teams won't let them run.

With that I'm gone. Lunch break is over!

Also all the run teams are young for the most part and not as experienced as the other teams, except for maybe Utah and the Cavs. But I think Cleveland is more of a mix team, they do both, run and grind.

Also the run teams are low seeds and a few players away to making some more noise.

I agree that SA, Detroit, Dallas, etc where the better teams in the league this year. But Phoenix, Golden State and the others where pretty darn good too.

I don't think it is a question of the style of play, one being better than the other, I think it is just the talent in each team.

BJ as a coach you should know that a good coach molds his coaching style around the talents of his team not the other way around. How many wins would Phoenix have if they played a halfcourt game? How many wins would Detroit have if they played a run and gun game? Like Dave said one style isn't necessarily better than the other its the players that determine which style is successful.

I also don't think Otis necessarily wants the squad to run like Phoenix but the Magic clearly need to pick up the pace. The Magic were last in scoring and field goals attempted this year. Not even the Pistons or Spurs could win consistently playing that way.

You know what kills me BJ, its the fact that almost all season you have complained about how the team has underachieved right along with the rest of us. You have questioned the coaching right along with the rest of us. I could pull up your previous posts to prove it if you don't remember. Now you have completely changed your tone because Brian Schmitz says Hill is a good coach. Its completely silly to me.

We need to play faster, not go all out and play Phoenix ball, but play just a little faster while maintaing our defensive abilitys.

If Brian has done one good thing for this team it is the discplined defensive system he runs.

He has taught our guys to be sound defender,well most of them.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

BJ as a coach you should know that a good coach molds his coaching style around the talents of his team not the other way around. How many wins would Phoenix have if they played a halfcourt game? How many wins would Detroit have if they played a run and gun game? Like Dave said one style isn't necessarily better than the other its the players that determine which style is successful.

I also don't think Otis necessarily wants the squad to run like Phoenix but the Magic clearly need to pick up the pace. The Magic were last in scoring and field goals attempted this year. Not even the Pistons or Spurs could win consistently playing that way.

You know what kills me BJ, its the fact that almost all season you have complained about how the team has underachieved right along with the rest of us. You have questioned the coaching right along with the rest of us. I could pull up your previous posts to prove it if you don't remember. Now you have completely changed your tone because Brian Schmitz says Hill is a good coach. Its completely silly to me.

Emory, every coach makes mistakes. Shoot Phil Jackson is getting questioned in Lakerland. Sure, I have questioned Brian. That's part of the equation when it comes to coaching. I still say the guy deserves another chance with a better and more mature roster. Also, I'd like a new coach like Adelman or Ivaroni but I'm not gonna hang myself if Magic management doesn't do it.

Emory, how do you know a faster tempo would work with our roster? I'm not convinced and "definitely" not with Jameer Nelson running the show.

Emory, if the Suns lose to the Spurs all of the teams left would be defensive, grind-it-out teams. Maybe not if Jersey wins.

Look at the Pistons, Cavs, Spurs and Jazz. All teams that play well in the halfcourt and only run when opportunity presents itself. I was really curious to see if an up-tempo team like the Suns could win it all. Time will tell.

Actually, I can't think of any level of basketball where a team has shot 3's like the Suns and won a championship. Coaches all have a saying, "live by the 3, die by the 3"!

Pitino at Kentucky didn't win it until they quit jacking up so many 3's. Billy Donovan had the same problem in his beginning years at Florida.

Good defensive teams will always find ways to take teams that like to play up-tempo from playing that way. Just like the Jazz did to Golden State.

Anyway, if we had a better point guard on our team it would certainly work better(up-tempo). Nelson is not a point guard. Doesn't see the floor well, makes to many mistakes, doesn't make good decisions on the floor. Even the experts are lamenting the Magic point guard woes.

Going up-tempo with our roster as is would be taking a big chance. I actually would like Arroyo more in the up-tempo. I also don't undertand why Otis is being so stubborn about it either. I'm talking about the mistake of drafting Jameer as point guard.

Start pulling my posts good buddy. I have no idea how you brought Brian Schmitz into this discussion and certainly not with me. I've never said Brian was a great coach. What I have said and I'll repeat it for umpteenth time, "Brian deserves a chance with an up-graded roster".

That is one thing that I have posted over and over. Our problems are just as much personnel as coaching, 50-50.

My opinion.

Well baq on topic, I think the Jazz will beat out Spurs and will win the NBA chamionship.

I lost respect for the Spurs with how dirtty they played to beat the Suns. I thought they were fundamentally sound, I guess they arent