Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

This Board...(poll)

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

most of the insightful posters left a long time ago. once this board became about post counts and lolcats and all the other stupid crap it became lame.

People say this from time to time, and I've never understood it. All the insightful posters? Really? I joined the board in 2006 after lurking for several months, and there isn't a single "insightful" person I can think of that has left since then. Some don't post as much as they used to(I know I don't), but that hardly means they aren't here. Seriously, who is it that left that was so insightful?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

most of the insightful posters left a long time ago. once this board became about post counts and lolcats and all the other stupid crap it became lame.

People say this from time to time, and I've never understood it. All the insightful posters? Really? I joined the board in 2006 after lurking for several months, and there isn't a single "insightful" person I can think of that has left since then. Some don't post as much as they used to(I know I don't), but that hardly means they aren't here. Seriously, who is it that left that was so insightful?

youre right, maybe I just dont see them anymore...it was more a reference to the content of the posts than the posters themselves

When I joined the Marines, all the "old timers" kept telling me how easy I had it, how much tougher boot camp was "back in the day" and how the Corps used to be so much better.

By the time I got out, I was telling students we had on deck how easy they had it compared the way things were "back in the day", and how the Corps used to be so much better.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I changed my mind. Pecans are delicious.

Yes indeed, Pecans are the #4 nut on the 6 best nut list. I prefer Brazil Nuts myself though.

I'm one of the oldest poster around here.

This is also another post towards the amazing, not having a life goal of 5,000 that some non life creatures have around here.

But the above is probably lame.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

For some reason, the forum seems much more lame today than it was yesterday...

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

This thread is lame!

Maybe that's why!

quote:

When I joined the Marines, all the "old timers" kept telling me how easy I had it, how much tougher boot camp was "back in the day" and how the Corps used to be so much better.

By the time I got out, I was telling students we had on deck how easy they had it compared the way things were "back in the day", and how the Corps used to be so much better.

thats the funny thing too, current soldiers are enduring much more turbulent times than those 'old timers' did back in the 70's-1990. Hell, the cold war wasnt even a war.

quote:

quote:

thats the funny thing too, current soldiers are enduring much more turbulent times than those 'old timers' did back in the 70's-1990. Hell, the cold war wasnt even a war.

The collective dread and tension during that time period more than made up for it though. Even though nothing happened, we spent 30 years thinking that something could happen at any time.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

I'm one of the oldest poster around here.

This is also another post towards the amazing, not having a life goal of 5,000 that some non life creatures have around here.

But the above is probably lame.

Hey now! You can't insult me like that! You like me enough to quote me (totally awesome btw) but then you insult me?