Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The Official 2009 NCAA Football Thread

ok so it sucks losing a classic game.

I was there. seats so close i almost got hit by hopkins extra point. Front row right behind the goalpost.

got to talk to lou holtz and solomon alabi.

great energy and a lot of fun except for the final play/outcome.

i really thought our running game would be better.

freshman hopkins, reid, and mcdaniel all showed why they were at the top of their positions.

That pass was low but Fortson still should've caught it. Any other good reciever would've caught that pass. On the last 3 attempts in the end zone Ponder kept going to Fortson and that first pass in the left corner should've been a caught pass as well. Fortson choked. Good game though. Jacory Harris looked better than I expected. Both QB's impressed me alot. Great dang game. No secondary defense at all. That will hurt both teams this season.

Prediction

Florida vs Tennessee

Game of the year!!!!

It will not be a 30-6 Florida victory this season. I still think Florida will win but it will be real close game.

This game might even be better than the National Championship game.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Prediction

Florida vs Tennessee

Game of the year!!!!

It will not be a 30-6 Florida victory this season. I still think Florida will win but it will be real close game.

It will definetely be a good game i think we will know more about them boys from tennessee after the ucla game.

better than the national championship game that could be a stretch but i hope that it is. i personally wish that the gator schedule was a better one, one with more challenges but in the end i think that the gators will come out with their third championship and that is all that matters.

after rewatching the vols game i am looking forward to this game more than the lsu game but the game i am looking forward to the most is the oct 31st game against georgia but that is just because i will be there.

quote:

Prediction

Florida vs Tennessee

Game of the year!!!!

Not gonna happen. Tebow will not play in the 4th quarter and it won't be for health reasons.

Tennessee has a ton of problems and they won't be fixed in one offseason. Particularly when their coach goes out of his way to piss off Saban and Meyer. Monte's Defense takes time and UT doesn't exactly have a healthy Derrick Brooks on the roster, although Berry is a great player. They are thin at receiver and Crompton looked good against Western Kentucky but was absolutely abysmal last year. That's a lot of question marks going up against a team that returns its entire defense that shut down the highest scoring offense in modern college football history.

And it's not like the Gators will be looking ahead, if playing a rival wasn't enough, Lane decided to poke the bear by falsely accusing Meyer of cheating. As Georgia found out, there are consequences. I will be in Gainesville to see firsthand what type of punishment Meyer sees fit to unleash. I imagine it will be worse than a couple late game timeouts and a fake knee on a kick return.

You are right, it won't be 30-6. It will be far worse.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:

Prediction

Florida vs Tennessee

Game of the year!!!!

Not gonna happen. Tebow will not play in the 4th quarter and it won't be for health reasons.

Tennessee has a ton of problems and they won't be fixed in one offseason. Particularly when their coach goes out of his way to piss off Saban and Meyer. Monte's Defense takes time and UT doesn't exactly have a healthy Derrick Brooks on the roster, although Berry is a great player. They are thin at receiver and Crompton looked good against Western Kentucky but was absolutely abysmal last year. That's a lot of question marks going up against a team that returns its entire defense that shut down the highest scoring offense in modern college football history.

And it's not like the Gators will be looking ahead, if playing a rival wasn't enough, Lane decided to poke the bear by falsely accusing Meyer of cheating. As Georgia found out, there are consequences. I will be in Gainesville to see firsthand what type of punishment Meyer sees fit to unleash. I imagine it will be worse than a couple late game timeouts and a fake knee on a kick return.

haha. It's you Gator fans' c0ckiness that is what makes 99.9% of you d0uchebags.

UF fans not only think there's no WAY they will lose any game, they think they will blow EVERYONE they play out of the water.

Give me a break.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

quote:

Prediction

Florida vs Tennessee

Game of the year!!!!

haha. It's you Gator fans' c0ckiness that is what makes 99.9% of you d0uchebags.

UF fans not only think there's no WAY they will lose any game, they think they will blow EVERYONE they play out of the water.

Give me a break.

+1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Prediction

Florida vs Tennessee

Game of the year!!!!

Give me a break.

Oh, the Gators can be, and probably will be beat, but not by Tennessee. LSU, Alabama, Texas, USC, maybe even FSU can pull off the upset. There's always the problem of injuries. But Tennessee would have to play flawless football to make it a close game. They don't have a quarterback, they don't have receivers, they have a new coach who by all accounts was an unmitigated disaster for the Oakland Raiders. This game has been circled since February.

Ole Miss had a great QB, two playmakers at WR in Hodge and McCluster, and 3 monsters at the line of scrimmage in Oher, Greg Hardy, and Peria Jerry who all were or will be first day picks. They were one of the few teams that could hold their own at the line of scrimmage, and caught the Gators on a day where they fumbled 5 times and blocked an extra point in the final minutes. Ole Miss won the turnover battle and made some special teams plays that made the difference.

Tennessee simply doesn't have the horses. They are coming off a 5-7 season where they lost at home to Wyoming, and are now headed by a man that no one outside of the state of Tennessee (and perhaps Rob) has any faith in. The UT game has historically been a big game because the winner usually takes the division, but then their boneheaded coach decides to provide even more motivation? Everything about this game spells blowout.

Oh, and success breeds arrogance. Noles should know that all too well after their success in the 90s.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Prediction

Florida vs Tennessee

Game of the year!!!!

Give me a break.

+1

Both of you know **** well that if FSU were the defending national champs and returning 18 of 22 starters, that neither one of you would have the least bit of fear playing against a team that didn't make a bowl the previous year, AT HOME no less. Both of you would be endlessly excited, fear no team, and make sure everyone knows it. It's funny actually, in the 90s I never met a single FSU fan that thought they would ever lose, now the shoe is on the other foot.

If there's one thing I've noticed watching college football religiously the past 20+ years, if you are winning, everyone hates you. Just look at Tim Tebow, the guy is a freaking saint but because he wins and the attention he gets because of it everyone outside of Gainesville hates him.

Well lets see how Tennessee plays this week since you think they lack a QB and play making receivers. That same QB(Crompton) put up 5 TD's last week and even though that was West Kentucky, but West Kentucky is a more tough opponent than Charleston Southern anyday. And Crompton had 9 different receivers to throw to. Teague and Han**** caught the ball very well. But most important is their running game. Hardesty and Brown shouldn't be taken lightly cause them guys can run the ball well. Your quarterback doesn't have to be all that if you have 2 guns in your running game that can run the ball. Also their defense make team tackles not solo tackles, TEAM TACKLE. Everybody goes after the ball carrier. A lot of fire on that defense. Their secondary is very quick and their pass rushing from the D-line is very good. Linebackers have speed and tackles everything in sight. That is what Monte Kiffin preaches in his defense. He did it for the Bucs and he's preaching it to the Vols. Lets see what the Vols do this week against a tough opponent in UCLA. Oh yeah the Gators have a real tough game this week(LMAO) Troy. The same Troy that lost to a pathetic Bowling Green last week 31-14. Gators should win 63-3 again. Wow 2 weeks in a row of scrub teams to play. If the Gators the best than why do they have to play scrub teams every beginning of the season. They do that in basketball too. 3rd game of the season the Gators have to play Tennessee. No more Charleston Southern No more Troy.