Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The Official 2009 NCAA Football Thread

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
As for Florida, Tebow played horrible, probably the worst game I have ever seen him play.

At least you got this part correct. Monte Kiffen played a typical pro style cover 2 defense and Tebow couldn't deliver the ball to his receivers with any consistency. I'm more convinced than ever that Tebow will not be able to play the quarterback position in the NFL because he can't make all the throws.

This isn't a discussion about Tebow being a pro style qb, he might not be. This is about people thinking Florida is overhyped, or does not deserve the #1 ranking. Thats absolutely ridiculous, its even worse when people act like Florida St is some great team. Not to mention that people can't grasp the fact that pre-season rankings mean nothing at all. SOS now means nothing because it matters where teams finish. Half the teams in the top 25 won't be there at seasons end.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Florida scratches out a 10 point victory to a 30pt dog at home.

Florida St destroys a top10 team on the road.

hmmm...

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. First of all Tenn would beat BYU. No doubt about it, BYU was way overhyped and beat an OKlahoma team that was stunned when Bradford wen down. I love how you like to point that out but don't mention the week before Florida St almost lost to Jacksonville ST a AA team. Miami is a good team although they are beating up on not that great teams, pre season rankings mean nothing. Georgia tech runs an offense that with a good defense is not going to work. The Acc is the worst BCS conference Va Tech is not that great so even if Miami beats them its still not a great win considering a average Nebraska team should have beat them the week before if not for a miracle. Miami will have a great chance of winning the ACC but they are simply smart kid in a dumb class. They better hope Bradford is not back or they will get killed.

As for Florida, Tebow played horrible, probably the worst game I have ever seen him play. But guess what we still won, and the game was never in Jeopard y and we have the best defense in the country. Not to mention Thompson(#2 wr ) was out which hurts a depleted wr group, Spikes(yeah the all american LB) was gimping around all week and did not play in the second half, Demps and Cunningham both may have swine flu and the whole team is sick. Yes and we still beat a huge rival easily. We have the best defense in the country bar none. So what I am saying is everything nearly went wrong and we still beat a good team by 10 points.

You are the worst poster on this entire board.

You were in my top 5 worst posters book from your Magic postings, but with your ridiculous antics in College Football, particularly this trash, you are now far and away the worst poster on this entire board.

Good post, yeah its madness what I said. I guess if you are a Florida st homer it would be, there is no objectivity on this board at all. Its either my team is the best or everything you say is garbage. The Acc is crap thats a fact, they suck in bowl games fact, Vt won on a miracle fact, Jacksonville st almost beat FSU fact, Ok would have beaten BYU if Bradford did not get hurt very likely.

Tenn is better than BYU, Tenn lost to a UCLA team who is underrated, they are very young but have loads of talent.

The funniest thing is I am a grad student at Tech so I go to an Acc school. I will be at that Miami game this weekend just like I was at the Nebraska game last weekend. Students here who actually know this team realize this team is not very good and are expecting Miami to win.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

hmmm...

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. First of all Tenn would beat BYU. No doubt about it, BYU was way overhyped and beat an OKlahoma team that was stunned when Bradford wen down. I love how you like to point that out but don't mention the week before Florida St almost lost to Jacksonville ST a AA team. Miami is a good team although they are beating up on not that great teams, pre season rankings mean nothing. Georgia tech runs an offense that with a good defense is not going to work. The Acc is the worst BCS conference Va Tech is not that great so even if Miami beats them its still not a great win considering a average Nebraska team should have beat them the week before if not for a miracle. Miami will have a great chance of winning the ACC but they are simply smart kid in a dumb class. They better hope Bradford is not back or they will get killed.

As for Florida, Tebow played horrible, probably the worst game I have ever seen him play. But guess what we still won, and the game was never in Jeopard y and we have the best defense in the country. Not to mention Thompson(#2 wr ) was out which hurts a depleted wr group, Spikes(yeah the all american LB) was gimping around all week and did not play in the second half, Demps and Cunningham both may have swine flu and the whole team is sick. Yes and we still beat a huge rival easily. We have the best defense in the country bar none. So what I am saying is everything nearly went wrong and we still beat a good team by 10 points.

You were in my top 5 worst posters book from your Magic postings, but with your ridiculous antics in College Football, particularly this trash, you are now far and away the worst poster on this entire board.

Good post, yeah its madness what I said. I guess if you are a Florida st homer it would be, there is no objectivity on this board at all. Its either my team is the best or everything you say is garbage. The Acc is crap thats a fact, they suck in bowl games fact, Vt won on a miracle fact, Jacksonville st almost beat FSU fact, Ok would have beaten BYU if Bradford did not get hurt very likely.

Tenn is better than BYU, Tenn lost to a UCLA team who is underrated, they are very young but have loads of talent.

The funniest thing is I am a grad student at Tech so I go to an Acc school. I will be at that Miami game this weekend just like I was at the Nebraska game last weekend. Students here who actually know this team realize this team is not very good and are expecting Miami to win.

You say everyone talks in extremes yet you provide a myriad of excuses as to why UF did not blow out UT. Tebow played a bad game, guys got hurt, UT is a good team, blah, blah, blah....Isn't that essentially what you are railing on others for doing. Plus guys play bad and guys get hurt all the time. Its Division 1 football brother.

Look UF is fantastic and so is the SEC. I agree that as a whole the ACC is down but I would put them only above the Big East.

With that said for you to sit here and argue against arguments that are essentially your argument seems ridiculous at least to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

hmmm...

You say everyone talks in extremes yet you provide a myriad of excuses as to why UF did not blow out UT. Tebow played a bad game, guys got hurt, UT is a good team, blah, blah, blah....Isn't that essentially what you are railing on others for doing. Plus guys play bad and guys get hurt all the time. Its Division 1 football brother.

Look UF is fantastic and so is the SEC. I agree that as a whole the ACC is down but I would put them only above the Big East.

With that said for you to sit here and argue against arguments that are essentially your argument seems ridiculous at least to me.

Florida didn't blow Tenn out because they did not play their best game. Period I'm not making excuses, they won. Who cares how much they win by as long as Florida runs the table it doesn't matter.People who thought it would be a blow out don't no crap about football. Tenn has a great defense( just no offense) Florida has the best defense and an above average offense but not great. I knew Florida would not drop 40+ points unless Florida's defense or special teams put up 14 points.

This whole argument has been side tracked, this argument started by people complaining saying that strength of schedule should determine pre season ranking which is crazy. Not to mention that SOS in week 1 means crap. Then people started jumping on oh Florida st beat BYU #7 and Florida only beat Tenn by 10 points. Its a stupid argument and any FSU fan who was honest would admit that Florida's second unit would beat that team handily.

quote:

quote:

quote:
As for Florida, Tebow played horrible, probably the worst game I have ever seen him play.

At least you got this part correct. Monte Kiffen played a typical pro style cover 2 defense and Tebow couldn't deliver the ball to his receivers with any consistency. I'm more convinced than ever that Tebow will not be able to play the quarterback position in the NFL because he can't make all the throws.

This isn't a discussion about Tebow being a pro style qb, he might not be. This is about people thinking Florida is overhyped, or does not deserve the #1 ranking. Thats absolutely ridiculous, its even worse when people act like Florida St is some great team. Not to mention that people can't grasp the fact that pre-season rankings mean nothing at all. SOS now means nothing because it matters where teams finish. Half the teams in the top 25 won't be there at seasons end.

This is the NCAA thread. If I want to throw in my two cents about Tebow's possible NFL career, I will do so. You made a comment about it being Tebow's worst game and it reminded me of the fact that he was being schemed against by the former defensive coordinator for the Bucs.

I don't agree with the majority of your arguments, most because they contradict each other, but I have no problem with the Gators being ranked number 1.

quote:

I have no problem with the Gators being ranked number 1.

Me neither.

But I do have a problem with these ridiculous arguments that FSU's performance through three games is worthless because they've played worthless competition. Miami and BYU are far from worthless.

Do I think Florida is better? Heck yeah.

Was last weekends game against Jax St. too close for comfort? Yes. (but you said yourself, I don't care how they win! Just get it done!)

Do I think Tennessee and UF's second team is better than BYU? Absolutely not. Not even close.

The simple fact is this. FSU is AT LEAST top 15 team, whether you like it or not. They're one completed pass from being ranked in the Top 10. Hate to break it to you, but don't be shocked if they are in the Top 10 within a few weeks.

Quit acting like every other team in the world is garbage compared to your beloved Gators (who you've probably been a fan of since '06, like the rest of the state of Florida).

One more thing, believe it or not, Florida will NOT go undefeated this season, and will NOT win the title. It just won't happen.

Feel free to refer back to this at the end of the season if I'm wrong.

quote:

quote:

I have no problem with the Gators being ranked number 1.

Me neither.

But I do have a problem with these ridiculous arguments that FSU's performance through three games is worthless because they've played worthless competition. Miami and BYU are far from worthless.

Do I think Florida is better? Heck yeah.

Was last weekends game against Jax St. too close for comfort? Yes. (but you said yourself, I don't care how they win! Just get it done!)

Do I think Tennessee and UF's second team is better than BYU? Absolutely not. Not even close.

The simple fact is this. FSU is AT LEAST top 15 team, whether you like it or not. They're one completed pass from being ranked in the Top 10. Hate to break it to you, but don't be shocked if they are in the Top 10 within a few weeks.

Quit acting like every other team in the world is garbage compared to your beloved Gators (who you've probably been a fan of since '06, like the rest of the state of Florida).

One more thing, believe it or not, Florida will NOT go undefeated this season, and will NOT win the title. It just won't happen.

Feel free to refer back to this at the end of the season if I'm wrong.

I don't hink Miami is worthless, I think they are the best team in the Acc easily. Byu is not a top 25 team. Florida St should be able to move up in the rankings. I don't think Tenn second unit is better than anyone but would bet money on Floridas vs most teams. I went to the UF for a year in 2002 and have been a Gator fan my whole life, along with the Marlins,Dolphins and Magic. I am not a bandwagon fan at all, so don't make assumptions of something you surely know nothing about.

Florida may not run the table, Alabama or Ole Miss in the Sec championship will be tough and so will LSU. Thats life in the Sec if only we were in the Acc. But I will gladly come back to this thread if we do win the title. I'll tell you what though I would not be against Florida its as sure of a bet as you can have in college football.

quote:

But I will gladly come back to this thread if we do win the title.

Fair enough. We'll let the games play out and see what happens.

One thing's for certain, there is nothing better than college football. As much as I love the Magic and as obsessed as I am with them, College football is the best sport in the world, IMO.

I know NFL is king in America, according to TV ratings and money and such, but I think College football is wonderful. haha.

I fail to remember anyone saying florida shouldn't be ranked number one. It's lunacy to say they aren't the number one team as they haven't lost in a year.

What I do remember people saying is that nobody should be ranked right now and that UF benefits from a weak OOC schedule and hasn't left the state in what seems like forever.

But we shouldn't expect more from VaBch. He is a UF fan. Obnoxious.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is the NCAA thread. If I want to throw in my two cents about Tebow's possible NFL career, I will do so. You made a comment about it being Tebow's worst game and it reminded me of the fact that he was being schemed against by the former defensive coordinator for the Bucs.

I don't agree with the majority of your arguments, most because they contradict each other, but I have no problem with the Gators being ranked number 1.

Tebow will be a mediocre tight end in the NFL.

quote:

quote:

But I will gladly come back to this thread if we do win the title.

Fair enough. We'll let the games play out and see what happens.

One thing's for certain, there is nothing better than college football. As much as I love the Magic and as obsessed as I am with them, College football is the best sport in the world, IMO.

I know NFL is king in America, according to TV ratings and money and such, but I think College football is wonderful. haha.

No I agree College football IMO is the best sport to watch and attend.