quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Do you know how the BCS works? It matters what the ranking is at the end of the year. So saying SOS is weak now means nothing! How hard is this to understand?

I will make the same point I made earlier in this discussion then, since you now are presenting the BCS rankings & SOS as mutual counterparts.

Last year Utah was excluded from the BCS championship game, and even though they were the only team in the country to finish undefeated after pasting Bama, they were not even considered for a share of the Championship because they had the 56th ranked SOS. Every Gator fan and their sister was in favor of that decision. So if the same thing happens this year and UF is the only undefeated team, yet they have the 54th ranked SOS, while perhaps OKL, MIA, or VT completes the season with only one loss, all with top15 SOS, is it acceptable to exclude UF from championship consideration based upon the same criteria that won you the championship last year?

SOS schedule when? What will Florida's be if LSU keeps up and Bama is ranked in the top 5 in the SEC championship? The strength of schedule goes up, also SC is capable of being in the top 25 along with Georgia. Utah does not play in a major conference, thats what hurts them. Every team in the SEC is probably better than any other team in their conference. Once again for the last time, SOS means nothing till the end of the year, it is very likely that VT's and Miami drop since the ACC is not great. So what you want to happen is if Utah and BYU run the table if their strength of schedules are higher they should play in the NC? Thats what your saying, or even better a one loss Miami play instead of an undefeated Florida or Bama? If that were the case I would never watch CF again. Once again the SOS does not take into effect the SEC championship game.

Not making any sense since the last time I recall Bama got thumped by Utah.

And now we have BYU who beat the Sooners. The last time I checked BYU's strength of schedule is stronger then UF and that is including all of their SEC games.

Like I said BYU is overhyped they got killed by an average FSU team. SOS is stronger? Utah also lost to a bad Oregon team, see when those teams play big named teams they lose. BYU for once has a real schedule they would have 2 losses right now if Bradford did not get hurt, thats the only reason they won that game.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

30-14 at the half. Can we attribute this lead to PEC's pregame boasting?

No you can see that byu didn't show up to play unlike the Sooners. It's the one and only time I push the mormons they suck and a few other choice words.

Now everyone is allowed to dump on me about that mormon team. god what was I thinking well at least my other team won barely as in Va Tech the Hokies pulled their game out by their ...

**** now that I mentioned that I like the Hokies they will lose crap.

I came back to eat some crow regarding the UF-Tennessee game. No game of the year by any means, but Tennessee played well and took advantage of rare UF turnovers. Tennessee's defense is for real but man their offense is atrocious.

Florida's receivers really leave something to be desired, although Thompson being hurt, and Hernandez with a fever really didn't help. We really miss Harvin, and unfortunately guys like him don't come around very often. Pass protection wasn't very good either, but thankfully Tebow made a ton of plays with his feet when the pocket broke down. At least UF ran the ball well and Rainey looks legit. I'll take the W and run, and get ready for an underrated Kentucky team next week in Lexington.

Congrats on the big win over BYU Nole fans. Had a feeling you guys would bounce back.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

It doesn't change the fact that Utah beat Bama last year.

Bama didn't show up that game, they lost to Florida in the sec championship and they wanted to play in the NC. They were either dissapointed or took Utah for a joke but their should be no doubt who the better team was. Its like Florida getting killed vs Michigan a few years back. They really didn't want to play in a bowl game in Orlando and major programs like that are known for getting beat in bowl games vs lesser opponents.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Do you know how the BCS works? It matters what the ranking is at the end of the year. So saying SOS is weak now means nothing! How hard is this to understand?

I will make the same point I made earlier in this discussion then, since you now are presenting the BCS rankings & SOS as mutual counterparts.

Last year Utah was excluded from the BCS championship game, and even though they were the only team in the country to finish undefeated after pasting Bama, they were not even considered for a share of the Championship because they had the 56th ranked SOS. Every Gator fan and their sister was in favor of that decision. So if the same thing happens this year and UF is the only undefeated team, yet they have the 54th ranked SOS, while perhaps OKL, MIA, or VT completes the season with only one loss, all with top15 SOS, is it acceptable to exclude UF from championship consideration based upon the same criteria that won you the championship last year?

SOS schedule when? What will Florida's be if LSU keeps up and Bama is ranked in the top 5 in the SEC championship? The strength of schedule goes up, also SC is capable of being in the top 25 along with Georgia. Utah does not play in a major conference, thats what hurts them. Every team in the SEC is probably better than any other team in their conference. Once again for the last time, SOS means nothing till the end of the year, it is very likely that VT's and Miami drop since the ACC is not great. So what you want to happen is if Utah and BYU run the table if their strength of schedules are higher they should play in the NC? Thats what your saying, or even better a one loss Miami play instead of an undefeated Florida or Bama? If that were the case I would never watch CF again. Once again the SOS does not take into effect the SEC championship game.

Not making any sense since the last time I recall Bama got thumped by Utah.

And now we have BYU who beat the Sooners. The last time I checked BYU's strength of schedule is stronger then UF and that is including all of their SEC games.

Like I said BYU is overhyped they got killed by an average FSU team. SOS is stronger? Utah also lost to a bad Oregon team, see when those teams play big named teams they lose. BYU for once has a real schedule they would have 2 losses right now if Bradford did not get hurt, thats the only reason they won that game.

Hater

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

It doesn't change the fact that Utah beat Bama last year.

Bama didn't show up that game, they lost to Florida in the sec championship and they wanted to play in the NC. They were either dissapointed or took Utah for a joke but their should be no doubt who the better team was. Its like Florida getting killed vs Michigan a few years back. They really didn't want to play in a bowl game in Orlando and major programs like that are known for getting beat in bowl games vs lesser opponents.

The "They didn't show up to play" excuse doesn't fly with me. You either win, or lose. If Alabama really felt they deserved to play in the MNC (which they didn't) then they would have come out and rolled (pun intended) a "lesser" Utah team.