Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Does Micka

Because I think this might be an angle we should think about; in theory, when Jameer needed to rest [or was injured] during critical times in the playoffs, we could run a backcourt of Pietrus/Carter

offense

PG - Vince Carter [essentially all he has to do is bring the ball up and feed Dwight or run a P/R, which he is quite capable]; we could also go into a variant of the triangle

SG - Micka

Because I think this might be an angle we should think about; in theory, when Jameer needed to rest [or was injured] during critical times in the playoffs, we could run a backcourt of Pietrus/Carter

offense

PG - Vince Carter [essentially all he has to do is bring the ball up and feed Dwight or run a P/R, which he is quite capable]; we could also go into a variant of the triangle

SG - Micka

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Your first mistake is assuming Lebron was guarding Rafer in anything other than some sort of technical spoken truth only statement of who he was guarding. He was roaming, and not much else.

regardless, Pietrus is incredibly mobile for a 6'6 SG/SF; I'm not sure it's a stretch to wonder if he could keep up with a Mo Williams or a Derek Fisher

but then we would have to rely on perhaps Barnes to guard James/Pierce/Kobe, etc, which wouldnt be ideal

anyways, we're clearly desperate here until we can find an adequate backup point guard

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

anyways, we're clearly desperate here until we can find an adequate backup point guard

This isn't remotely accurate.

Agreed. This throwing around players, cash and draft picks for the first breathing body with a PG sign around their neck is a bit over the top.

Didn't we win a lot of games with Jameer and AJ running the show??

Don't we have a huge trade exception with some expirings if god forbid, Jameer gets hurt again??

I just don't think we need to grab one at this time, especially since there really aren't many great options out there.

Sometimes I don't understand why anyone in their right mind wants to take a very good player and turn him into an average at best one playing out of position.