Sign in to follow this  
Chaz

What is the Davenport area like for a house?

My family are currently considering purchasing a holiday type of home in an area just outside of Orlando called Davenport? Think it's southwest of Orlando city centre, its certainly closer to Disney than the city.

Obviously, this would allow me to see more Orlando games, but living in the UK I have no idea what the area is like, so I was just wondering if any you guys or girls have any knowledge of the area?

Much appreciated.

My family are currently considering purchasing a holiday type of home in an area just outside of Orlando called Davenport? Think it's southwest of Orlando city centre, its certainly closer to Disney than the city.

Obviously, this would allow me to see more Orlando games, but living in the UK I have no idea what the area is like, so I was just wondering if any you guys or girls have any knowledge of the area?

Much appreciated.

There's a lot of houses in davenport. I mostly turned into a vacation home area. My sister currently lives there. You can get to the parks area and south Orlando in 20 to 25 minutes. To Downtown Orlando in 30 to 35 minutes. Just hop on I4 and its not too bad. There are restaurants all up and down highway 27, also many places to buy groceries and things like that. There is a Lowes for any home improvement needs about 10 minutes south going to Haines City, where my parents live. And going north there's a whole other area of shopping centers about 15 minutes away.

The distances are big. Like everything in Florida. You are 25 miles from Downtown Orlando, but as soon as you get on I4 is not a big deal.

If you can stay as close to I4 as you can. "Davenport" is a big area. If you buy in the middle of highway 27 north of I4 you will find that it adds 10 minutes or more to any trip.

For shopping as in a Mall. You have to go to Orlando. There is a small crappy mall south in the city of Lake Wales that is 25 minutes from Davenport but its not worth the drive. Better to drive to the Milenia Mall in Orlando, maybe 35 minutes from Davenport. Hope this helps...the area is certainly pretty, most of it is new, newer homes and shopping locations and it is clean.

Thanks dav, have passed the message onto my family.

I'm only a university student, a far cry from being able to afford a holiday home. It would just make it so much easier to see magic games.