quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

As has been said before. It's a good thing for MAGIC FANS that Stan distributes the minutes and not the members of this board. JJ has improved under Stan's system and Barnes has yet to even have his 1st practice witnin it. Redick doubters look out. I know we all can't wait for training camp.

GO MAGIC!!!

Why stop at Barnes? Carter hasn't practiced in Stan's sytem either!

Vince is a multi-year All Star. Barnes is well....Barnes who has played on 6 teams in 7 years

That's irrelevant. If your point applies to Barnes, it also applies to Carter, Bass, and Anderson.

It also, in LA's case, means Sasha Vujacic is better than Ron Artest. If the rule applies, it always applies.

not necessarily. If i punch you I'll get minimum punishment. If i punch the POTUS ill get put in jail for a while.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

I wouldnt say I went nuts, just surprised thats all.

i catch the sarcasm though, let me guess...you got suspended for calling someone a retard? master of the obvious strikes again!

yeah, the whole post was a fart in the general direction of the mods

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

i catch the sarcasm though, let me guess...you got suspended for calling someone a retard? master of the obvious strikes again!

jerk

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

As has been said before. It's a good thing for MAGIC FANS that Stan distributes the minutes and not the members of this board. JJ has improved under Stan's system and Barnes has yet to even have his 1st practice witnin it. Redick doubters look out. I know we all can't wait for training camp.

GO MAGIC!!!

Vince is a multi-year All Star. Barnes is well....Barnes who has played on 6 teams in 7 years

That's irrelevant. If your point applies to Barnes, it also applies to Carter, Bass, and Anderson.

It also, in LA's case, means Sasha Vujacic is better than Ron Artest. If the rule applies, it always applies.

not necessarily. If i punch you I'll get minimum punishment. If i punch the POTUS ill get put in jail for a while.

I'd say "touche", except I said "if YOUR point" not "if A point".

But I will concede that your example is accurate.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

you know what sets ordinary and extraordinary apart? that little extra...championship caliber teams typically have a strong rotation of "role players", Matt will be a role player for energy, grit, versatility, floor spacing and some rebounding bottom line, he might not be "good" but I would much rather have a Barnes over say Wafer of even Dahnty Jones...This thread has strong JJ>Barnes undertones BTW, so strap in...

This. and we got him for pretty **** cheap too.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

jerk

oh, you're a mod now...i would say congrats, but then i tell myself "would i congratulate a perosn that has just contracted super AIDS?" and the answer is no, no i wouldn't

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

you know what sets ordinary and extraordinary apart? that little extra...championship caliber teams typically have a strong rotation of "role players", Matt will be a role player for energy, grit, versatility, floor spacing and some rebounding bottom line, he might not be "good" but I would much rather have a Barnes over say Wafer of even Dahnty Jones...This thread has strong JJ>Barnes undertones BTW, so strap in...

and this is why I wasnt upset with the acquisition. Thats good value for what equates to a minimum salary more or less. I still think that pg was a bigger need than another SF. But, pg's are just lacking right now.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

GO MAGIC!!!

You should not have conceded so quickly. The rules being broken between punching DoM and punching the POTUS are different, and as such, the charges drawn, and punishments, are different.

quote:

quote:

And we were not a championship caliber team last year with JJ in the rotational mix especially during the playoffs?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

GO MAGIC!!!

You should not have conceded so quickly. The rules being broken between punching DoM and punching the POTUS are different, and as such, the charges drawn, and punishments, are different.

All of this is assuming you even get close enough to the POTUS to deliver a punch.

quote:

quote:

quote:

And we were not a championship caliber team last year with JJ in the rotational mix especially during the playoffs?

good point...redick was the weakest player on our finals team, i guess that gets him a point or something.