Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

TQC takes look at Magic's 3rd PG options; Advocates Carter(link)

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

There other things not mentioned by TQC that works in Carlos favor and that are important to take into consideration in Orlando.

1-Arroyo has a big fan base in Orlando, and for a team over the luxury tax that should be important.

2-Arroyo nows SVG system plus most of the players(Chemistry issue)

neither of those matter

1- do you really think the magic will have trouble selling tickets and merch next season?

2- Knowing the system is a bad argument...guys have the entire pre-season to l earn our offense and i hate to break it to you, it's not a real complicated offense. Pick and rolls and dump it in the post and spread out. The point is, anyone w/ out a learning disability could pick it up within a few weeks.

if i can only pick from the available FA list, i pick carter. However, i'm still hoping that otis has one more trick up his sleeve this offseason.

do you guys really want a 3rd pg or could it be what you really want is to get rid of jj in a trade. i dont care either way. i was just wondering. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

do you guys really want a 3rd pg or could it be what you really want is to get rid of jj in a trade. i dont care either way. i was just wondering. jacklj

given the fact that jameer has a knack for being the victim of odd injuries and AJ is 74 years old, i'd say it's a pretty good idea to have a 3rd pg. WOuldn't you?

however, i do admire your amazing ability to bring jj into every discussion you take part in. It's not like it's pathetic or anything

I would take Bobby Jackson for 12-15 mins a game over anyone on that list even if he is 36 years old. I saw him play alot last season and he still has juice left in him. He plays above-average defense and is also a great passer. In 21 minutes a game he averaged 7.2 PPG and 2 APG with a terrible cast around him. On the Magic he wouldn't have to worry about anything except running the offense and scoring on occasion with Pietrus, Barnes, and Anderson (Assuming) on the floor with him. I really want Watson or Sergio Rodriquez but I'd definitely take Steve Blake on this team.

Starters:

PG: Jameer Nelson

SG: Vince Carter

SF: Rashard Lewis

PF: Brandon Bass

C: Dwight Howard

First off the Bench:

PG: Bobby Jackson

SG: Mickael Pietrus

SF: Matt Barnes

PF: Ryan Anderson

C: Marcin Gortat

Possible Reserves:

SG: J.J. Redick

PG: Anthony Johnson

PF: Richard Hendrix

SF: Jeremy Richardson

IMO that's one hell of a roster;

People tend to forget how good Arroyo played last time he was around in the NBA with the Magic. He averaged 21 minutes in 62 games and had a 45% FG, a 35% from 3PT, 85% FT and his asst/TO ratio was 4 to 1.