Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J.J. 's future? Coach Moreau says it's time for respect(pg.12)

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Ok I'm confused now. That article said that most likely Pietrus will be the starter and Redick will back him up. Does that mean Pietrus will be starting at the 2 moving Carter to the 3? I hope this is not true. Cause if they plan on playing Redick more than Barnes then that's a problem. And why would you move Carter to the 3 if he did ok at the 2 last season and previous seasons before that? And what is this crap about RESTING Carter like Turkoglu? Not saying this can't work cause it can but we doing all this just to get Redick more playing time. This will kill Barnes minutes if we extend Redick minutes.

the 2 and the 3 is the same exact thing on our team.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

Ok I'm confused now. That article said that most likely Pietrus will be the starter and Redick will back him up. Does that mean Pietrus will be starting at the 2 moving Carter to the 3? I hope this is not true. Cause if they plan on playing Redick more than Barnes then that's a problem. And why would you move Carter to the 3 if he did ok at the 2 last season and previous seasons before that? And what is this crap about RESTING Carter like Turkoglu? Not saying this can't work cause it can but we doing all this just to get Redick more playing time. This will kill Barnes minutes if we extend Redick minutes.

the 2 and the 3 is the same exact thing on our team.

I know that. I just don't think we should make NO EXCEPTIONS to play Redick over Barnes. If Redick gets more minutes that takes away from Barnes who has more all around game compared to Redick. We shouldn't take no minutes from Barnes just to give Redick more playing time. We have offensive scorers already we need more hustle players in the rotation that can help us in ALL aspects of the game. Redick don't give us that but Barnes does.

All I know is SVG better not play Redick more minutes than Barnes. That would be stupid. Barnes offers so much more than Redick does. Redick should be playing limited to no minutes this season.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

JJ is a good insurance policy, but if it can be cashed in for a back-up pg it should be done.

I agree. All JJ is, is insurance.

quote:
Originally posted by F1ash:

quote:

JJ is a good insurance policy, but if it can be cashed in for a back-up pg it should be done.

I agree. All JJ is, is insurance.

well we got our policies worth against boston

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by FattyDookas:

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

Everyone needs to take a break and stop the TRADE REDICK hysteria.Otis has shown no indication that he is interested in moving Reddick. Why would he move a weapon that he knows was productive during the playoffs. I sure he expects the new signees to come in and produce but its no way to know how they will perform until he actually sees what kind of team chemistry is developed.

Tyler_Hansbrough-Greg_Paulus_Fight.jpg

Am i missing something here? jj didn't make shots and he only played significant minutes in one series against an ice cold ray allen. how does that constitute a weapon. youre drunk on that jj juice again lil' buddy.

Ice cold Ray Allen? I am not a JJ lover like a lot of people here, but Ray Ray was coming off a 51 point performance and then a 23 point performance before he faced the magic. Give JJ some credit!

This is Ray Allen were talking about. This guy was missing a lot of shots when he played us. Had nothing to do with Redick's defense. Allen was missing everything even wide open shots. Redick played ok defense but Allen basically played defense on himself for missing all them shots. Its like he shutdown himself. Redick shouldn't get too much credit for that.

So now Carter is going to be our small forward. WOW!!!!!! Redick better take advantage of this opportunity and stop missing open 3 pointers. Barnes will not play that many minutes now.

I 'm trying to be objective here but you need to watch the Celtic series again JJ was all over Ray Allen, and he really made him work for shots. IMO JJ is able to defend this type of player well, or at least ok. Let's face it, JJ's problem on D is "on ball" defense stopping guys that get their own shot. but props to JJ against Allen. Hey look at it this way though, don't worry if JJ gets more minutes this year it is a vrey good sign for us, ... there was more garbage time, (we had big leads more often.) or the match ups worked out to where we could keep an outstanding shooter out on the floor. Either way SVG has shown he won't compromise on the defensive end.

As far as where to play Carter, my answer is which ever match up makes him work the least on D, most of the time at the 3 spot. This is why Barnes is so important more tough D, and back court fouls that arn't VC, watch the cleveland series again to figure out why we need this. Don't you all think Barnes will also get time at the 2 spot?

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by FattyDookas:

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

Everyone needs to take a break and stop the TRADE REDICK hysteria.Otis has shown no indication that he is interested in moving Reddick. Why would he move a weapon that he knows was productive during the playoffs. I sure he expects the new signees to come in and produce but its no way to know how they will perform until he actually sees what kind of team chemistry is developed.

Tyler_Hansbrough-Greg_Paulus_Fight.jpg

Am i missing something here? jj didn't make shots and he only played significant minutes in one series against an ice cold ray allen. how does that constitute a weapon. youre drunk on that jj juice again lil' buddy.

Ice cold Ray Allen? I am not a JJ lover like a lot of people here, but Ray Ray was coming off a 51 point performance and then a 23 point performance before he faced the magic. Give JJ some credit!

This is Ray Allen were talking about. This guy was missing a lot of shots when he played us. Had nothing to do with Redick's defense. Allen was missing everything even wide open shots. Redick played ok defense but Allen basically played defense on himself for missing all them shots. Its like he shutdown himself. Redick shouldn't get too much credit for that.

So now Carter is going to be our small forward. WOW!!!!!! Redick better take advantage of this opportunity and stop missing open 3 pointers. Barnes will not play that many minutes now.

I 'm trying to be objective here but you need to watch the Celtic series again JJ was all over Ray Allen, and he really made him work for shots. IMO JJ is able to defend this type of player well, or at least ok. Let's face it, JJ's problem on D is "on ball" defense stopping guys that get their own shot. but props to JJ against Allen. Hey look at it this way though, don't worry if JJ gets more minutes this year it is a vrey good sign for us, ... there was more garbage time, (we had big leads more often.) or the match ups worked out to where we could keep an outstanding shooter out on the floor. Either way SVG has shown he won't compromise on the defensive end.

As far as where to play Carter, my answer is which ever match up makes him work the least on D, most of the time at the 3 spot. This is why Barnes is so important more tough D, and back court fouls that arn't VC, watch the cleveland series again to figure out why we need this. Don't you all think Barnes will also get time at the 2 spot?

good post.

quote:

This.

But this J.J. Redick v. Ray Allen thing is REALLY starting to tick me off. I get so sick and tired of some people refusing to admit when Redick does anything wrong ever, and when other people refuse to admit when Redick does anything RIGHT, ever.

It's [bleep]in' maddening to me.

Ask the Chicago Bulls just how old and ineffective Ray Allen is. Right before the Celtics played against us, I think the Bulls had more than their fill of Ray Ray.

All I know is in the presser after Boston Game 7, when asked about JJ's defense against him, Ray Allen said, "He definitely did his job."

It's pretty sad to me that JJ haters have to discredit one of the best shooters in the history of the game and quite possible a future Hall-Of-Famer before it's all said and done, to try to make their point work.

Anyway, Magicfreak #1 pretty much said the rest of it all for me. JJ's shot well before, and he's defended well before (last year). Now he needs to prove he can do both at the same time. I doubt he can improve his play enough to enough to earn a 3.8 mil qualifying offer next summer, but statements like to say that he won't be in the NBA somewhere after next year is just, well, ridiculous. Sorry, I don't know what else to call it this late at night.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

JJ running after Ray isnt on ball defense, please watch that series again.

Your totally right.