Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Return of PR sensation Carlos Arroyo?(link) Update bottom of pg. 5

He'd be a decent choice. Not the best shooter, horrible defender, but outside of that he is not bad with turnovers and can run an offense. He's only 30 which leaves him 2-3 years left of good ball. He has a history here and considering there is not much left out there I say go for it.

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

i'd rather sign russell robinson to a max deal than bring back arroyo

please dont do this

Hey, we only have 11 guys under contract right now. Why don't we sign Russell Robinson, Kevin Kruger, and Coby Karl all to minimum contracts. Then we could pretend we are Golden State and play 5 point guards at one time!!

Seriously, I think that Arroyo would be the best backup we can get without using the Hedo TPE. I just don't see a whole lot of better options available that would sign for the minimum. I guess we still have Arroyo's bird rights, so we could go above the minimum for him. Any other options would only be available via trade; which means either AJ, JJ, or possibly Ryan Anderson; or we use part of the TPE. As many people have said, as long as he is clear that he is coming to be a backup, and not to compete for the starting slot, then I would be happy to have him here.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

If Carlos is willing to sign for the minimum then I think Otis has to do it. That is assuming that this article is correct and there weren't any clashes between Carlos and Stan.

Now its time to brace for Knappy quoting 15 posts in a row and saying the exact same thing in all of them.

department_of_redundancy_funny_mousepad_humor-p144244880145105300trak_400.jpg

I think Arroyo can come for the minimum or even some more. Agree with the people saying that if he knows his role he's good.

I would be a little concerned with his 3pt shooting, but he's one of the best options.

As a PR fan, I would love to have him back and contribute.

Well, I have read some people talking about being concern on Arroyo's 3 point shooting. Well, I think he is a decent 3 point shooter, not great, but still decent. He has always had decent percentage on that matter.

My opinion is that righ now, for what the Magic can offer and what they need out of a back up point guard, Arroyo is their best option. Jammer was having a great season last time, but, after the injury we don't really know if he will be playing that good this season. I think it was a huge mistake of SVG to play him in the finals after being inactive for so long and with RA playing very well. But, well, I'm not the coach. Carlos is definetly better that AJ and could be sign for a cheap price and with a team like the one we have, we need a solid back up PG, but very important, we need a back up with experience and that can play under pressure, and definetly one that can take the roll of being the starter in case something happends to Jammeer. Also, as we all know, we have a great team that is very capable to get to the finals again. Arroyo is not a superstar, but, I think all the experience he has, being one of the best PG on international tournaments, and knowing what it takes to be a champion after winning the championship of the Israel league (where he was the MVP of the championship game), and knowing our playing system already, he is, no doubt, a perfect fit.

I agree with the people saying if he is willing to take less, and is willing to play his role as backup. Then he, without question is the best possible option available. I understand some people here cannot separate the forum fanatics, from the actual player on the court, but as a player he is our best fit. We would have the best possible and most complete roster, for another serious run at the title.