Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Bucher thinks Gortat deal to OKC is on the table(ESPN Podcast)

The only way I see us pulling off a deal with them is if we get Nenad Krstic in return because we will need a back-up center. Then maybe we ask for Livingston and the ability to swap 1st round picks with them in 2010.

Now I would go for this trade if they would because Nenad makes less than Gortat and is only under contract for 2 years instead of 5. So we would still have a legit back-up center, we would have more PG depth(even though Livingston doesnt fit our PG mold because he cant shoot the 3) and we would move from pick 25-30 in the draft to around pick 3-10. Or if this is asking too much, we could just ask for a 2nd round pick instead of switching firsts, I dont know how much value Gortat has to the rest of the league...

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I would take this deal yesterday. Anybody who doesn't think Jeff Green is legit, is plain stupid.

Which might be exactly why OKC wouldn't consider a deal for Green. he is a tremendous talent.

But, he is also a SF playing out of position, and with their team lacking a decent Center, their teams is soft as he11 as currently constructed.

They would be super young and scary good if they had a lineup of:

Westbrook/Livingston/

Harden/JJ

Durant/Sefolosha

Collison/White/Ibaka

Gortat/Kristic/Mullens

We would be unstoppable with this lineup:

Jameer/Weaver/AJ

VC/Pietrus

Green/Barnes

Shard/Bass/Anderson

Dwight/Bass or other backup C

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

I would take this deal yesterday. Anybody who doesn't think Jeff Green is legit, is plain stupid.

Which might be exactly why OKC wouldn't consider a deal for Green. he is a tremendous talent.

But, he is also a SF playing out of position, and with their team lacking a decent Center, their teams is soft as he11 as currently constructed.

They would be super young and scary good if they had a lineup of:

Westbrook/Livingston/

Harden/JJ

Durant/Sefolosha

Collison/White/Ibaka

Gortat/Kristic/Mullens

We would be unstoppable with this lineup:

Jameer/Weaver/AJ

VC/Pietrus

Green/Barnes

Shard/Bass/Anderson

Dwight/Bass or other backup C

Wow, you are 110% correct Sir.

On a side note, I'd put Ibaka in front of White. I think Ibaka is going to be really good sooner rather then later.

As cool as a trade for Durant or whatever would be, I was under the understanding that we couldn't trade Gortat until at least December, right?

I cannot even wrap my mind around thinking we could get Durant but getting Green seems almost as laughable to me.

It would either be a role player with a much shorter contract or a pick since they can absorb the salary without having to move another contract.

we should trade gortat at the end of the season to okc for BJ Mullens and a top 10 pick. BJ can be worked on as a back up center and that top 10 pick can be used for trade or draft a prospect at back up center or back up point guard, places we can fill holes

quote:

I'm telling you guys.

Gortat goes to Houston for Aaron Brooks. Book it.

I'm telling you guys.

Jareth is a moron. Book it.

aaron brooks is there starting point guard and is the main reason alston was ok to move last year i dont see them getting ride of brooks for gortat

believe it or not i think OKC is a good choice bj mullens will be a cheap back up and u know they will have a top 10 pick next year so thats two prospects for less money and a top 10 pick has alot of trade value