Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Ranking the Summer Moves(Chad Ford, ESPN Insider)

Part of not being a hypocrite means having to disregard opinions you find agreeable.

Chad Ford is an insufferable tool, and his writing is terrible, unless he's writing about how great a European big man prospect is going to be, in which case it's hilarious. That doesn't change just because he writes something pro-Magic.

Frankly, I'm disappointed in the lot of you.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Part of not being a hypocrite means having to disregard opinions you find agreeable.

Chad Ford is an insufferable tool, and his writing is terrible, unless he's writing about how great a European big man prospect is going to be, in which case it's hilarious. That doesn't change just because he writes something pro-Magic.

should we just make it a rule that all analysts suck and we cant like any of them?

I totally thought the title said "Ranking the Summer Movies".

Oh man, you should have seen the look on my cat's face this morning when I told him he was adopted.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

I totally thought the title said "Ranking the Summer Movies".

Oh man, you should have seen the look on my cat's face this morning when I told him he was adopted.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

the spurs moves are so overrated... i didnt even want mcdyess here, just makes a historically old team older, richard jefferson was a good addition but thats all theyve done really, outside of adding mediocre big men

I couldn't disagree more. The Spurs got much better & in fact got much younger replacing key players barely hanging on in the league w/guys in the prime of their careers.

They replaced Bowen (38) w/RJ (29).

Thomas (36) & Oberto (34) w/Dyce (34), Haislip (28), Blair (20). Ratliff just gives them depth & insurance.

In adding RJ, they've also very effectively replaced Finley (36) with Mason (28) after a year of grooming in their system.

quote:

Actually, I agree with you that Chad Ford is a fool; but what does it say about the moves Otis has made. They are so good that even a Magic-doubting, Cle/Bos worshiping fool like Ford has to admit they are among the best moves in the league. I personally like our moves better than San Antonio's, as I don't think they really have a starting center. McDyess and Ratliff are both at the point in their career where they are better suited to a backup role. Unless they are moving Duncan to be a center now.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

should we just make it a rule that all analysts suck and we cant like any of them?

No, not all analysts suck. Not even all analysts at ESPN suck. Obviously, opinions on writers are subjective, but I can't think of a single thing I've ever read from Ford that wasn't terrible, and I can only think of a couple from Stein and Adande(but at least Adande has the LA bias excuse).

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

the spurs moves are so overrated... i didnt even want mcdyess here, just makes a historically old team older, richard jefferson was a good addition but thats all theyve done really, outside of adding mediocre big men

I couldn't disagree more. The Spurs got much better & in fact got much younger replacing key players barely hanging on in the league w/guys in the prime of their careers.

They replaced Bowen (38) w/RJ (29).

Thomas (36) & Oberto (34) w/Dyce (34), Haislip (28), Blair (20). Ratliff just gives them depth & insurance.

In adding RJ, they've also very effectively replaced Finley (36) with Mason (28) after a year of grooming in their system.

would you have rather seen RJ here instead of vince?

i know vince is a former all star and still great, but rj is younger, and would have left more room under the cap to have signed a cj watson.

.. but yeah we got anderson in the deal, so not considering him as well... but in turn we probably wouldn't have to give up clee on a sign and trade like that.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

*** why the hell would u rather have Richard Jefferson than Vince Carter........

stop

lol i knew you would have gotten on me for that, just doing 'as if's', no disrespect to vince and all.

Why is everybody so fascinated with ratings? I think we should try out a new ratings system. Like, sexiest starting lineups using the 1-10 scale.

Thus, I begin my project. Let's start with the Lake Show. all ratings obviously are subjective. But, my opinion is technically truth.

Okay Derek Fisher and Kobe aka Black Mamba aka Jelly Bean Jr.

fishandmamamamba.jpg

Okay, sorry Fish but i'm just not liking the clean dome on you. you get a 6. That's well and good.

Now Kobe, I know you get a lot of crap for that birdlike nose, but I'm giving you a solid, sexy 8.

Next we have Ron Artest. aka Ron Ron aka Snuggles.

ronron.jpg

Creepy looking dude. that's the best picture i could find. You get a 4.

Pau Gasol aka Geico aka The Big Pube.

gasol.jpg

A hairy mess. 3.

Finally, Bynum aka Num Nums aka Silky Rice Cakes.

bynumz.jpg

Not exactly striking, but I think he's a cutie. 8.

So the Lakers' potential lineup averages out to 5.8, with the sexiest score of 8. We shall see how the others pan out. Or we may not.