Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Arroyo wants a "starting gig" - RealGM's Howard Mass comments(top of pg. 6)

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:
Originally posted by GYPSY:

Gypsy say: FattyDookas is Knappy.

Knappy is a better person, come on GYPSY!

Knappy is a better person, but his son fatty is a pain in ........

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by FattyDookas:

he's failed in the NBA with his me first temper tantrums and hes failed overseas with his anger and personality? where else is there? nba, failed. international, failed. you tell me who else will want him? i didnt give him an attitude and make him a coaches nightmare. he did that on his on, the prodical son of attitude and temper tantrums. he's worn out his welcome anywhere he's been. all thats left is PR league, not racial, not hating, just stating facts. he'll be back home playing in a gym near you, bet on it. hes failed in all major form of organized basketball at any level, no one wants him. whine and cry about me stating facts. he's his own worst enemy and he's **** himself to some bush league in PR.

He didn't fail overseas, the racism on this board is disturbing.

The only racism prevelent on this board in my time has been reverse racism taken in the form of Turkish, Puerto Rican, and to a lesser extent Dukey love.

Care to explain, please?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Interesting comments on the posibility of an Arroyo return from the head man at RealGM...Howard Mass...

quote:

by Howard Mass on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:58 pm

I do not see Arroyo starting either and like Craig says, this could play out till camp.

The fact Orlando has his bird rights could make it easier to land him as they only have the minimum to work with now.

A longshot option could be a sign and trade of either Arroyo or Tyronn Lue for maybe that team's backup pg or maybe a small tpe if they have one.

Regardless of what happens, the third pg need is bigger than last year now that Turk and Lee are gone.

They must have someone who can step in and start as we know A.J. cannot do that for a big stretch and pairing him with another PG like Lue does not cut it.

It is possible they keep that TPE handy till the deadline and grab someone then.

Until that time, it's a waiting game and the big topic of discussion the rest of the summer and possibily till right before camp.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/v...25&t=930655&start=75

Do you guys can get back to the theme of this thread?

The Puerto Rican National team is practicing in tha sport complex in the town of Aguas Buenas.

I am from Aguas Buenas and live there en el barrio "la mesa". I had a chance to see a practice and workout today at the complex and I overheard Larry Ayuso when he asked Carlos Arryo..."When are you meeting again with Otis?" Arroyo looked at him and said nothing!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by XaviInThe407:

I didnt know how even making it in the most prestige Basketball league in the world The NBA is failing..How many players are in the league, like then less then 300...The dream of million hoop dreams..You fail to understand that fact..Arroyo is still going to be playing Baskebtall some where making more money then most.

yeah the bush leagues of PR cause he cant achieve succes in the higher echelons of basketball be it international or nba. not my fault, not looser otis' fault, not the magicss fault, not stan van grumpy's fault, not midget nelson's fault. carlos arroyo's fault. why cant he get an NBA deal someone tell me? explain rationally why not? he's not welcomed back internationally he blew up and was a team nightmare he got BANNED. someone explain to me why he's not welcome ANYWHERE? explain it to me, please, im dying to know.

PR BSN League is very competitive...Fact

Arroyo beat the "dream team" almost by himself...fact

Named Best international PG in 2004...fact

Top scorer to this day for FIU even playing with Raja Bell..fact

He had several offers to play in NBA and decided to play for Maccabi better offer..fact

The problem with his coach was clarified and end up being champion and MVP...fact

Had some offers from the Spaniard League right now, arguably the second best in the world...fact

CA shot 45% his last time in ORL and a 8-2 (something like that) when he started for us...fact

Fatty is just biased against Arroyo...fact

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:
Originally posted by GYPSY:

Gypsy say: FattyDookas is Knappy.

Knappy is a better person, come on GYPSY!

LOL, thanks Carlos. I do have to say though, that I still don't want Arroyo back here. Truthfully, he is not a bad player, but I didn't like the attacks on Jameer and I don't want to hear them start all over again. Jameer made the all star team and if Carlos comes here his fanatical fans will want Jameer's head on a platter or maybe just want Carlos to start.

Anyway, I do hope the Sixers sign Arroyo and that he gets a chance to play some minutes. His fans would like to see him in the NBA. I think the Magic need to go with someone new. I would be very disappointed if we picked up Arroyo.

I'd rather take a risk on someone else - not Tyrone Lue - he is worse than Carlos, but I still don't want Carlos.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

I didnt know how even making it in the most prestige Basketball league in the world The NBA is failing..

act_pat_garrity.jpg

Whatever. Pat is a stud.

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo fan:

quote:

quote:

I didnt know how even making it in the most prestige Basketball league in the world The NBA is failing..How many players are in the league, like then less then 300...The dream of million hoop dreams..You fail to understand that fact..Arroyo is still going to be playing Baskebtall some where making more money then most.

yeah the bush leagues of PR cause he cant achieve succes in the higher echelons of basketball be it international or nba. not my fault, not looser otis' fault, not the magicss fault, not stan van grumpy's fault, not midget nelson's fault. carlos arroyo's fault. why cant he get an NBA deal someone tell me? explain rationally why not? he's not welcomed back internationally he blew up and was a team nightmare he got BANNED. someone explain to me why he's not welcome ANYWHERE? explain it to me, please, im dying to know.

PR BSN League is very competitive...Fact

Arroyo beat the "dream team" almost by himself...fact

Named Best international PG in 2004...fact

Top scorer to this day for FIU even playing with Raja Bell..fact

He had several offers to play in NBA and decided to play for Maccabi better offer..fact

The problem with his coach was clarified and end up being champion and MVP...fact

Had some offers from the Spaniard League right now, arguably the second best in the world...fact

CA shot 45% his last time in ORL and a 8-2 (something like that) when he started for us...fact

Fatty is just biased against Arroyo...fact

As said before I hope Arroyo gets back in the NBA and gets some minutes - just not with the Magic. Fact, there are not a ton of teams going after Arroyo aggresively. Teams appear to be looking for other options first.

I think there is a good chance an NBA team may pick him up. I am hoping that Stan and Otis know not to sign Arroyo unless it is done with an immediate trade of Arroyo to another team.

I don't think he fits with our team. I don't think Otis wants to start the season without a 3rd point guard. I would be very, very surprised if Otis picked up Arroyo to keep - I would be shocked, but they do need a PG so I wouldn't say it is 100% impossible. I just don't think Stan and Otis will go there and I don't want them going there.

Carlos can play ok, but I am not overly impressed with his game. Hopefully, we can get Watson or trade JJ for a player, Doolings TE for a player or take a risk on a vet that is available other than Arroyo, etc.

I just don't think Arroyo is that good and I don't get that excited about his game. I would rather see AJ than Arroyo as a backup, but it would be very tough with AJ as a starter.

You guys just stop replying to fatty. Don't take him seriously. He basically trolls and I can't even remember him discussing other topics.

And Knappy just loves Jameer very much. He's persistent when he loves or hates (see Brian Hill). So in summary it's all about Jameer for him.

What the hell makes Arroyo or his (apparently dumb) agent think he can just jump to the NBA and get a starting job after playing overseas and prior to that being a somewhat decent backup for the Magic? He won't get anywhere with those kinds of hopes or demands.