Sign in to follow this  
Meer2D12

His chance at MVP

So let's say vc has a great year posting 25ppg 6apg and 5rpg and we have the best record in basketball, he won't have an outside chance for the award? I know teams will not play to shut him down like they have in the past, because he has more options around him than one other person. I think he will have an extremely efficient year especially shooting the 3. His jumpshots this year will happen a lot more with defenders sluffing off of him to double dwight unlike the past when he would shoot a 3 because if he drives teams will double team him. It's just how I see things working out. And I am not saying he will average the numbers I stated above, but he is sure could post those numbers.

Dwight will be in the top 3 for possible MVP candidates. And IMO, like others have said, if Orlando has the best record in the East...Dwight will win his first MVP, and I strongly believe so. I see it happening. Bring it home.

quote:
Originally posted by Meer2D12:

So let's say vc has a great year posting 25ppg 6apg and 5rpg and we have the best record in basketball, he won't have an outside chance for the award? I know teams will not play to shut him down like they have in the past, because he has more options around him than one other person. I think he will have an extremely efficient year especially shooting the 3. His jumpshots this year will happen a lot more with defenders sluffing off of him to double dwight unlike the past when he would shoot a 3 because if he drives teams will double team him. It's just how I see things working out. And I am not saying he will average the numbers I stated above, but he is sure could post those numbers.

The hypotheticals in your first sentence are basically mutually exclusive.

If Vince is getting 25ppg, it means one of two things: either Dwight is out for the year or both Jameer AND Rashard are. Without one of those scenarios occurring, there is simply no way Vince will get enough FGAs to average 25ppg, and if one of those things happens and Vince IS getting 25ppg, there is no chance Orlando has the league's best record. None.

If anyone has a chance at MVP it would be dwight... bottom line... i don't even have to read any other posts because there is no way that VC wins MVP... if he does then serve me up a platter of my shorts and i'll eat them right up...

quote:
Originally posted by D12+VC=Rings:

as long as Lebron is healthy he will be MVP....just the way its gonna work for a number of years....even if vince is great the media will hype lebron, and he will win.

If the Lakers have the best record in the league, Kobe wins. If the Magic have the best record, Dwight wins. If the Heat have the best record, Wade wins. If the Nuggets have the best record, Melo wins. There hasn't been favoritism in a long time and the best player on the best team is all but a lock.

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

i believe if the mvp comes from the magic then it will be between dwight and jameer

as svg was clearly the coach of the year last season he was over looked by brown whos assistants did the job for him

cant see a magic player winning a season mvp

i hate to say it but with kobe lebron and d wade in the league it aint happening

I disagree with Jameer possibly being MVP. That won't happen. If someone on our team is gonna be the MVP. Its gonna be Dwight. No one else.

Word

quote:
Originally posted by Meer2D12:

Vince Carter has no chance. Zero.