Sign in to follow this  
cole1200

Pretty cool trailer for LIVE 2010 featuring ORL vs CLE

This trailer was already enough for 2K to win it's case for best basketball game. Easily. Look at how the players move, the animations are just way off...in everything. I'm no 2K homer either, I've purchased Live more than I have purchased 2K, but the past several years have been one sided. 2K FTW.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

Uh the Amway arena doesn't have a ribbon board that goes around the entire arena.

NBA Live detail fail

Yeah but the new arena does...

2K games are so much better than Live. No contest actually. But glad to see Dwight getting some cover lovin'

The trailer was unimpressive, but honestly I like live a lot better than 2k, and it is actually very realistic in showcasing the strengths, weaknesses and tendencies of different teams and players. The day to do updates of player dna are bomb, I can relive my teams successes and hardships, Live for me.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by ?o??ItUp:

Wow nice...I would love to play this game!

I'm still stuck playing ESPN NBA 2k5...........

The one with Ben Wallace on the cover? lol

Don't hate. Hey RollItUp, I still play ESPN 2k5 too.

quote:
Originally posted by StevenSD:

2K is way too slow for me, the fast pace of Live is way better IMO

but at that, why can't EA friggin fix the numbers on the jeresies? i'm tired of seeing the old font still

You must be the only one on this board that thinks Live is better than 2k. 2k is as real as it gets. Live is pathetic. They still can get the players movement right. Just like Madden, its a good game but the 2k football game was way better on espn 2k5 with T.O. on the cover. 2k shouldve kept making football games as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

You must be the only one on this board that thinks Live is better than 2k. 2k is as real as it gets. Live is pathetic. They still can get the players movement right. Just like Madden, its a good game but the 2k football game was way better on espn 2k5 with T.O. on the cover. 2k shouldve kept making football games as well.

must not be

quote:
Originally posted by Da_Coach:

The trailer was unimpressive, but honestly I like live a lot better than 2k, and it is actually very realistic in showcasing the strengths, weaknesses and tendencies of different teams and players. The day to do updates of player dna are bomb, I can relive my teams successes and hardships, Live for me.

but i could care less, again 2k is wayyyy too slow for me, and even at that, with the highest difficulty up, its wayyy too easy to shoot the ball, i had a 73% FG precentage. After that i forgot completely about the game because that never happens on Live.

i wish we could take 2K's graphics and gameplay and combine it with Live's smaller details (bench cheering, fans, mascots, pregame rituals, etc.). Then you would have the craziest basketball game ever! Plus, Live is too much of an arcade basketball game. You can easily score 85 with Kobe every game, meanwhile on 2k, you might score 60 once a year in franchise mode. But Im still not sold on Live

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:

Uh the Amway arena doesn't have a ribbon board that goes around the entire arena.

NBA Live detail fail

just to continue with the incredibly-minor-detail-fail thread: they have VC wearing a headband, that is a no no with Magic uniform regulations

quote:
Originally posted by a wee bit of Irish magic:

quote:

quote:

NBA Live detail fail

just to continue with the incredibly-minor-detail-fail thread: they have VC wearing a headband, that is a no no with Magic uniform regulations

you do realize you can edit that in the game, right? It's not that big of a deal

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by a wee bit of Irish magic:

quote:

quote:

NBA Live detail fail

you do realize you can edit that in the game, right? It's not that big of a deal

it doesn't bother me in the slightest, just thought I would throw it out there since it provided a 10 second distraction from work, but as a non-owner of the game, no, I did not realise you could edit that, but now that I do, when I buy the game I shall make sure to immediately rectify such an atrocious oversight