Sign in to follow this  
MagicFan7687

Best Shooting team in NBA History

Last year we were one of the best shooting teams in NBA history, with a league all time record 23 threes vs. sacramento and an NBA finals record for game 3's field goal percentage , how about a round of applauce for last years sharp shooters and we may of lost hedo, lee, and alston, we gained vince, anderson, and barnes, so its my opinion that the 09-10 season should at least rival if not be better than last years season, goodness gracious i just cant wait any longer, wake me up when september ends!!!!!

Last year we were one of the best shooting teams in NBA history, with a league all time record 23 threes vs. sacramento and an NBA finals record for game 3's field goal percentage , how about a round of applauce for last years sharp shooters and we may of lost hedo, lee, and alston, we gained vince, anderson, and barnes, so its my opinion that the 09-10 season should at least rival if not be better than last years season, goodness gracious i just cant wait any longer, wake me up when september ends!!!!!

Career 3PT% for our shooters:

2008-09

Alston .354

Lee .404

Turkoglu .385

Replacements

Carter .376

Anderson .365

Barnes .332

Based on percentages, we've gone down across the board. Then again, our best shooters are Nelson and Lewis so hopefully those two will be taking the majority of the attempts.

Lee was a rookie, so quoting his CAREER 3PT% and Ryan's sophmore % is kinda iffy, we may of slightly gone down across the board but i think the three replacements are much much more versatile

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

2008-09

Alston .354

Lee .404

Turkoglu .385

Replacements

Carter .376

Anderson .365

Barnes .332

Based on percentages, we've gone down across the board. Then again, our best shooters are Nelson and Lewis so hopefully those two will be taking the majority of the attempts.

Both Lee and Anderson have 1 year under their belt apiece, with RA not nearly getting the minutes Lee got. Turk is a better 3pt shooter then Barnes, but remember Barnes was on a GS state that jacked up 3's left and right. Carter > Alston. So I wouldn't really worry. And like you said, Meer and Lewis are our primary 3pt shooters.

More importantly, I think looking at eFG% is a better indicator of shooting ability so I'll line them up..

Anderson - .478

Barnes - .499

Carter - .486

Alston - .465

Lee - .526

Turkoglu - .490

Again, take the rookies FWIW, Carter and Turk are comparable and Barnes stomps Alston in True Efficiency.

I think you also have to take into account they were playing with Dwight they got better looks more often and we had Rashard and so on so people couldn't guard as effectivly against us.

Anyone have last year's stats instead? I'm too lazy to go looking, but I'm pretty sure VC's percentages were above his career averages last year...

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

2008-09

Alston .354

Lee .404

Turkoglu .385

Replacements

Carter .376

Anderson .365

Barnes .332

Dont forget, provided this switch that everyone wants happens:

08-09

Jeremy Richardson .385

Replacement

Kasib Powell .242

huge step backwards when you add this to the mix