Sign in to follow this  
PEC

Magic Need Backup PG, Unless Y'all Prefer AJ!!

The Magic's biggest need imo is a backup pg to spell Nelson (and God forbid if he gets hurt again)or to take his place if he gets hurt.

The last couple of years Nelson has been out time after time after getting hurt with last season the worst case.

The Magic need someone other then AJ to backup Nelson.

By using what is left of the MLE they should be able to find someone to fix this problem.

So here is the question who do the Magic get to fix this problem???

Anyone want to fill in this opening with suggestions????

The Magic's biggest need imo is a backup pg to spell Nelson (and God forbid if he gets hurt again)or to take his place if he gets hurt.

The last couple of years Nelson has been out time after time after getting hurt with last season the worst case.

The Magic need someone other then AJ to backup Nelson.

By using what is left of the MLE they should be able to find someone to fix this problem.

So here is the question who do the Magic get to fix this problem???

Anyone want to fill in this opening with suggestions????

then - 1. at the time; 2. immediately or soon after; 3. in addition; also

than - 1. (used, as after comparative adjectives and adverbs, to introduce the second member of an unequal comparison): She's taller than I am.

2.(used after some adverbs and adjectives expressing choice or diversity, such as other, otherwise, else, anywhere, or different, to introduce an alternative or denote a difference in kind, place, style, identity, etc.): I had no choice other than that. You won't find such freedom anywhere else than in this country.

3. (used to introduce the rejected choice in expressions of preference): I'd rather walk than drive there.

4. except (not accept PEC)

Courtesy of dictionary.reference.com

are you new? people have been saying/talking about this for a while now..also there are no available pg's good enough to get starter minutes if meer goes down again. you could certainly find a 3rd string pg or maybe someone who could compete for the backup pg spot. but there is definitely nobody good enough on the free agent market to start.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

are you new? people have been saying/talking about this for a while now..also there are no available pg's good enough to get starter minutes if meer goes down again. you could certainly find a 3rd string pg or maybe someone who could compete for the backup pg spot. but there is definitely nobody good enough on the free agent market to start.

Right now we have Nelson to start I am talking about a player who can back him up better then AJ.

So you don't really see anyone out their that could do that better then AJ.

Plus I have noticed several threads talking about players that would just add to overcrowding not to area's where the Magic need help now.

So please point out to me about the thread talking about filling the backup pg slot. ....

That's right there isn't any it's all about wing men instead of a dire need for the Magic and that being PG.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

Right now we have Nelson to start I am talking about a player who can back him up better then AJ.

So you don't really see anyone out their that could do that better then AJ.

Plus I have noticed several threads talking about players that would just add to overcrowding not to area's where the Magic need help now.

So please point out to me about the thread talking about filling the backup pg slot. ....

That's right there isn't any it's all about wing men instead of a dire need for the Magic and that being PG.

Here's 3

Discussion 1

Discussion 2

Discussion 3

There's plenty more, but I think these should get the point across.

I'm going with a Dark Horse in this race; JJ Redick. His AST% increased from 10.3% to 15.4% in the playoffs, and in the playoffs two years ago he had a 29% AST%. He moves well with the ball and the fact that his defender has to hug him so tight he can get his passes by his man and to the open guy. I've always thought that he was one of our better post entry passers.

I think like so many here, Arroyo might be the best alternative as a back up PG for the Magic at this moment. I think the timing is perfect. Arroyo -I think- understand s now what he's role would be, and understands also he needs to accept a pay cut if he is to ever play in the NBA again. I think he should understand also, that if he signs-lets say, for the vet. minimum- he would be playing for a favorite championship contender, and who would not want to add a championship ring to his resume.

I think we can get him for a few $ and besides, who else is out there that can do the job as good as Carlos did the time he was with the Magic?

Realistically though I'd take anyone as long as they can compete with AJ for backup mins. AJ is the weakest link in our current rotation.