quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

So here is the question again (and it would be great if someone gave an answer instead of attacking the poster with bs)

why has Barnes been on so many different teams?

Obviously, no one can give a definitive answer because none of us have been in the offices of the 7 GMs when these discussions came about.

But my opinion is that he has gradually become better over time. Teams saw potential, but did not consider him a critical part of their future. Thus when it came time to make trades, and they needed to add salaries to make the trade meet the salary requirements, he was someone a team would be willing to lose, and the other team saw value in bringing on.

It's the Keith Bogans / Mo Evans / Deshaun Stevenson disease. Good enough to be useful to the team, but not good enough to be vital to the team.

And Matt Barnes is not vital to the Magic. But he will be useful.

Thank you.

That's what I was wondering. It really is nice when someone knows an answer to a question instead of attacking the poster.

That's pretty much the long version of the same response you replied to, when asking why Barnes has been on 7 teams to begin with. You had your answer before you asked the question.

Actually since you and the other poster did not feel the need to answer, instead you put down or attack.

At least one member here was considerate and answered my question without any bs and for that I was very thankful.

It would be nice if you could have done that as well instead of acting like some .........

I did not attack nor insult you. I attacked your assertion that teams only get rid of players they do not like. I also gave examples of quality players that have been moved around.

I said nothing about you at all.

Just for the record, we are like the 11th team to sign Barnes to contract. He was waived several times early in his career, being good enough to earn a shot at making a team, but not good enough to get on the roster, until he got a decent chance in GS to be productive.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

Matt Barnes is like a band-aid. You use it when you need. Well in Matt Barnes case teams use him to get to where they need to go. Hes a player that can fit on any team. Players like that you dont have to give them a long term contract. He can just help out year to year. But if he leaves or not resigned, no big deal cause players like him can always be replaced. However every team hes been to, given quality minutes, hes produced enough to be a solid contributor. So picking up Barnes is huge but if we lose him then we really lose nothing. Just a 2 year rental of Matt Barnes services. No strings attached.

Thank you.

quote:

Actually since you and the other poster did not feel the need to answer, instead you put down or attack.

At least one member here was considerate and answered my question without any bs and for that I was very thankful.

It would be nice if you could have done that as well instead of acting like some .........

yo i ben gttin purple niples fah lik 6 yearz so dun b cumin on me tellin me how itz is. ya;k liv in lucuryyy whil i gota watccch da seahwks ply da raiderrs 16 3 timess a gamee.

nah bu 4 rel lif is likeee dis wheen u pop a tartt it tartss back orr myb ya fart who knowzz but wut i will say iz dat u gott it go0d beuty queeen.

quote:
Originally posted by warriorsfan05:

quote:

yo i ben gttin purple niples fah lik 6 yearz so dun b cumin on me tellin me how itz is. ya;k liv in lucuryyy whil i gota watccch da seahwks ply da raiderrs 16 3 timess a gamee.

nah bu 4 rel lif is likeee dis wheen u pop a tartt it tartss back orr myb ya fart who knowzz but wut i will say iz dat u gott it go0d beuty queeen.

and I have the Bills who have had better years just not lately.

quote:

quote:

quote:

lol dam gurlie me n u alick inz so many wyz if i put it like dat den mayb we culd tlkz sportz on aim r suttinn? my gurliee lefttt me da otha day n shortty wuz 2 evil anyhoww shee doo dooo da richiee rich crafftt hahahaaa but nah yo i wuz oin da keeep barness bandhaggon too but maybee

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

lol dam gurlie me n u alick inz so many wyz if i put it like dat den mayb we culd tlkz sportz on aim r suttinn? my gurliee lefttt me da otha day n shortty wuz 2 evil anyhoww shee doo dooo da richiee rich crafftt hahahaaa but nah yo i wuz oin da keeep barness bandhaggon too but maybee

PEC, I think you may have found your match!!

quote:
Originally posted by mikemagicfan08:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

PEC, I think you may have found your match!!

It was love at first typo.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

lmaoooo PEC's soul mate

Matt is official! Yes!

http://www.nba.com/magic/barnes_signs_072109.html

quote:
Magic Sign Matt Barnes

July 23, 2009

ORLANDO --

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Communications Contacts: Joel Glass (407) 491-4826 (cell); George Galante (407) 492-4651 (cell)

MAGIC SIGN FREE AGENT MATT BARNES

The Orlando Magic have signed free agent forward Matt Barnes, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Matt is official! Yes!

http://www.nba.com/magic/barnes_signs_072109.html

quote:
Magic Sign Matt Barnes

July 23, 2009

ORLANDO --

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Communications Contacts: Joel Glass (407) 491-4826 (cell); George Galante (407) 492-4651 (cell)

MAGIC SIGN FREE AGENT MATT BARNES

The Orlando Magic have signed free agent forward Matt Barnes, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.