Sign in to follow this  
omagic133

Its Official! Barnes A Magic! [update p.24]

quote:
Originally posted by Chris DeCrosta:

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomagicin09:

how can celtics offer barnes more than we can? i thought they used the MLE on rasheed and got marquis daniels with the BIA or w/e...

What you don't get is that they do not care if they go over the cap by a little or a lot. They have a ton of money and money will never be a factor for teams like Boston and LA.

If you use your MLE and your BIA all you have left are vet min contracts due to the cap, unless you are under the cap. Bos and LA are not under the cap so that is what they are working with. They can spend all they want to retain guys but getting new guys can only be done with 1 of those 3 options.

Personally i think our roster is near complete. If we get cj all we need is a servicable wing. Barnes would allow us to start shard at pf (which is our mostef effective lineup) while allowing MP to backup the 3 and JJ the 2. Barnes can be an effective starter as can MP and JJ can be a good backup of he continues to build on his playoff production

It would appear that the Cavs still have the money to offer Barnes if they wish to do so and here is why:

"The Cavaliers have about $3.2 million remaining on their midlevel exception that they can use to pay Moon, a 6-8 swingman, or they can use their $2 million biannual exception. The offer is for two guaranteed years. Once the league receives the paperwork, which is expected to be today, the Heat will have seven days to match the offer."

In either case still more money left to offer Barnes and more then the Magic can offer.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

It would appear that the Cavs still have the money to offer Barnes if they wish to do so and here is why:

"The Cavaliers have about $3.2 million remaining on their midlevel exception that they can use to pay Moon, a 6-8 swingman, or they can use their $2 million biannual exception. The offer is for two guaranteed years. Once the league receives the paperwork, which is expected to be today, the Heat will have seven days to match the offer."

In either case still more money left to offer Barnes and more then the Magic can offer.

Let's hope so.

I've thought about it for atleast 26 1/2 hours now, and I'm sorry for being so mean to you. In reality, you're one of the few who actual makes sense around here. Why should we get Barnes when we have J. J can shoot lights out, and Barnes can't. Makes more sense I agree too. But for what?

Anyway, hope we can be friends now.

quote:
Will in Orlando:

Now that Cleveland signed Moon,Where do you think Matt Barnes goes Dallas,Atlanta, or Orlando?

Bill Ingram:

I've been told Orlando is very likely. I don't get the Dallas rumor at all. The Mavs have a glut at the three already . . .and no starting two (unless Matt Carroll finally gets his chance).

lol stupid hoopsworld right. Why would we even need him now J even start now.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Will in Orlando:

Now that Cleveland signed Moon,Where do you think Matt Barnes goes Dallas,Atlanta, or Orlando?

Bill Ingram:

I've been told Orlando is very likely. I don't get the Dallas rumor at all. The Mavs have a glut at the three already . . .and no starting two (unless Matt Carroll finally gets his chance).

Looks like we've found the new teacher of Post like PEC 1010.

Well done Professor Cutestory.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Will in Orlando:

Bill Ingram:

Looks like we've found the new teacher of Post like PEC 1010.

Well done Professor Cutestory.

Do make fun not of PEC.

She actually makes

some sense. I realized that this weekend past 26 1/2 hours. You guys are just immature.

quote:

We ahev roughly 1.9mil to offer as a strting salary. So, Barnes may end up basing his decision on the lenght of the contract offered.

Examples:

CLE offers their 2mil BAE for 2 years.

vs

ORL offers 1.9mil remaining from MLE for 3 years

Magic Win!

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

We ahev roughly 1.9mil to offer as a strting salary. So, Barnes may end up basing his decision on the lenght of the contract offered.

Examples:

vs

Magic Win!

Or the Cavs offer Moon their BAE and then offer their MLE for Barnes.

Anything is possible.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Examples:

vs

Magic Win!

lol.

Just another stupid

Smackdaddy post. If you would quit hating on J

then you would knowe Barnes won't sign us with. Quit posting

rubbish like this. Matter of fact, get a life!

quote:

Or the Cavs offer Moon their BAE and then offer their MLE for Barnes.

Anything is possible.

Haven't the Cavs already offered Moon the remainder of their MLE?