Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Ya'll sure we're looking for a wing? Vince says...(link)

If we land Kirk Henrich I will seriously cry. Hes as good as Ben Gordon, in honest opinion. I even think he'd be a better 6 man than Pietrus/tat.

This man can play D, shoot the 3/ mid range, pass. He could back up point or SG.

If thats a true possibility.

N e ways, I love this article. I'm glad VC and Dwight actually talk daily, I had a feeling they didn't talk much.

N Vince says he admires Bass, his style of play. "Hes a beast"

I hope VC is right cuz upgrading AJ is vital imo. AJ is a liability as the backup & this team needs a backup who is capable of filling in as the starter!

The 3 names I liked as trade options going into the offseason were Jack, Farmar, & Duhon.

Jack is out.

I thought Farmar looked like a blossoming player before tearing his meniscus early last year & struggled after returning. LA seems to forget the guy was fresh off a surgery & appears down on him. Would love to return the favor & steal a useful player from them.

Duhon would be an upgrade over AJ & could fill in when Jameer inevitably misses games.

Jamaal Tinsley's arbitration situation w/Indy is one to keep an eye on as well. He was the desperate backup plan if a trade for Alston didn't materialize, so we know he was at least on Otiz' radar.

quote:
Originally posted by Mastermind:

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

You all are crazy.

Having JJ being the backup to a somewhat aging and potentially injury-prone Vince Carter? (not saying he is...I am all for VC and know that he is not as injury prone as people say. I just know he's in his 30s and you never know what can happen. See Kevin Garnett.)

That scares me more than havin AJ backup Jameer.

I'm sure if VC went down then Pietrus would start at SG.

Then who comes off the bench? The need for wing and PG depth is equal, but there's more value on the wings. There's not a PG we could sign who is a clear upgrade over AJ.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

Yeah if Hinrich is obtained with the TPE I will join the crying brigade.

Can back up the 1 and 2 sports, shoots the 3 very well and can D ok.

I would add to that list that he knows, as do all of us, that Rajon Rondo is grade A doosh bag and I'm sure he'd play extra hard against the C's.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

Chris Quinn played for SVG in Miami?

He sounds like a viable option

I dont believe that Quinn played for SVG...SVG was with the team for about 5 minutes while SVG was there...

What does that mean?