Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Projected Magic regular season record

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

DOM v. T-Rex isn't fair.

It's like Randy Orton vs. Seth Green, not that that would ever happ- oh wait, never mind...

I think it's closer to Don Frye vs Yoshiro Takayama.

Takayama had a lot of firepower and energy....for the first 90 seconds of the fight.

And anyone who's never seen that fight needs to go on youtube and watch the first couple minutes of it. It's the greatest combination of gruesome fighting and slapstick you will ever see in your life.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

DOM v. T-Rex isn't fair.

It's like Randy Orton vs. Seth Green, not that that would ever happ- oh wait, never mind...

I think it's closer to Don Frye vs Yoshiro Takayama.

Takayama had a lot of firepower and energy....for the first 90 seconds of the fight.

And anyone who's never seen that fight needs to go on youtube and watch the first couple minutes of it. It's the greatest combination of gruesome fighting and slapstick you will ever see in your life.

LOL you've peaked my curiosity, so now I have to check this out..

EDIT: So I found this youtube and uh.. yeah. It's definitely closer than Orton and Seth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJOV1yY0g7w

So after watching that, I looked and found this pic, and this pretty much says it all:

takayama.jpg

quote:

61-21, in an ironic complete turnaround from the '03-'04 season of 21-61 that led to us getting the #1 pick and getting Dwight in the first place.

Then the Orlando Magic win the 2010 NBA Championship over first the Celtics in the ECF, and then the Lakers in the Finals (possibly Spurs, gimme more time to think about it).

I agree completely, and I'm going with the spurs. I think ALOT of teams are gonna be sorry they passed on Blair.

quote:
Originally posted by orlandomagicin09:

quote:
It's not apples and oranges, it's jet planes and Lima beans.

well i lol'd 2 times..... T-REX GTFO IS RIGHT...no real magic fan tries to sit here and post negative things everytime he posts a topic...stop being a troll

there is 1 other and he has no class so maybe t-rex will have some who knows

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Orginally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Oh, and to the original post, 48-34

48 wins? Do you have half the team getting injured? Silly DoM.

59-23

Without Hedo, the Magic are just a mid-level playoff team. Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Toronto and maybe Washington are all better.

Have you been drinking?

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

quote:

1) We had the best defense in the NBA last season. That is a statistical fact.

2) I don't remember those Lakers being swept by the Pistons. The reason I don't remember them being swept is because they weren't swept.

3) In addition to playing no defense, Run TMC had absolutely zero help. They were pretty fun to watch, but ultimately were never a viable threat to anyone.

4) Carter has been known throughout his career as a lazy defender, not a bad one. The only player he's played consistently hard against on defense is Kobe, and he's done a good job on Kobe throughout his career.

5) Anyone worrying about Rashard defending the 3 should remember how Hedo defended the 3, and shut the hell up. At worst, Rashard on defense at the 3 is a step sideways.

6) If you're going to bring up question marks, the fact that Garnett has tons of mileage on his legs and took a ridiculous amount of time to recover from an injury should be a gigantic one.

Oh, and to the original post, 48-34.

Again...moving three starters with major minutes isn't a question mark? Last year was LAST year...do you agree or not that Jameer and VC are liabilities on defense? Here's the deal with KG...IF....he's healthy and all things being equal...a healthy Celtics are better than a healthy Magic. You want an if...what if Jameer(who looked gawd awful in the finals) doesn't come back all the way or goes down again for any length of time? Who is going to play the point? ANother rental? Why would any decent PG come here if they know if you play well....you'll upset the midget and get traded anyway.

Jameer improves and he already was good.

Dwight improves and that is deadly, he will be a monster - he wants to win.

We get some defensive help and backside rebounding in Bass - huge help.

Vince Carter - much better than Hedo - Hedo was decent, but over rated.

Lewis - improves or stays about the same - solid contributor.

Pietrus - he really came on in the playoffs - could be solid.

Gortat maybe traded for Battier - big improvement.

JJ should improve - could be traded for a piece, but I think he stays and gets better.

Barnes, could help this team if we are able to pick him up.

Anderson, looks like he can contribute.

AJ - is ok at backup - would like another PG.

Losing Hedo maybe a blessing - losing Battie is good as he just wasn't that good. Losing Courtney - well that hurts - he could be the next Rip Hamilton.

This team is much better.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

quote:

1) We had the best defense in the NBA last season. That is a statistical fact.

2) I don't remember those Lakers being swept by the Pistons. The reason I don't remember them being swept is because they weren't swept.

3) In addition to playing no defense, Run TMC had absolutely zero help. They were pretty fun to watch, but ultimately were never a viable threat to anyone.

4) Carter has been known throughout his career as a lazy defender, not a bad one. The only player he's played consistently hard against on defense is Kobe, and he's done a good job on Kobe throughout his career.

5) Anyone worrying about Rashard defending the 3 should remember how Hedo defended the 3, and shut the hell up. At worst, Rashard on defense at the 3 is a step sideways.

6) If you're going to bring up question marks, the fact that Garnett has tons of mileage on his legs and took a ridiculous amount of time to recover from an injury should be a gigantic one.

Oh, and to the original post, 48-34.

Again...moving three starters with major minutes isn't a question mark? Last year was LAST year...do you agree or not that Jameer and VC are liabilities on defense? Here's the deal with KG...IF....he's healthy and all things being equal...a healthy Celtics are better than a healthy Magic. You want an if...what if Jameer(who looked gawd awful in the finals) doesn't come back all the way or goes down again for any length of time? Who is going to play the point? ANother rental? Why would any decent PG come here if they know if you play well....you'll upset the midget and get traded anyway.

1) Rafer wasn't a starter.

2) Why is it that "last year was LAST year" when talking about the Magic, but it's completely relevant when discussing the Celtics? If there is no point of comparison based on last year that can be made(which is the point you're making), then how can you even assume the Celtics will be better than the Knicks? Logically you can't, based off your arguing criteria. Now, your criteria is retarded, but it's your criteria, not mine.

3) Neither Vince nor Jameer are huge liabilities on defense. Jameer is a below average defender. Vince is an average defender who can be a very good defender when he actually plays motivated on defense.

4) Let me ask you this: Since you have to assume any team that moves 3 starters will automatically be worse, if the Lakers had replaced Bynum, Fisher and Ariza with Payton, Pippen, and Kareem in their respective primes, would they have gotten worse? Again, I'm merely taking your ridiculous point to its logical extreme.

5) You do realize the signing period is 8 days old, right? That the offseason isn't over, and has in fact, just started? I have no idea what Orlando would do if Jameer got hurt, anymore than I know what they'd do if Dwight got hit by a bus. I'm not psychic. But since you want to play the if game, what if Lebron, Kobe, Chris Paul, KG, Paul Pierce, Melo, Dirk, Bosh, and Dwade are all killed all of a sudden? We'd be the favorites! You see how stupid that is? Playing the what if game is stupid. Yes, if Jameer gets hurt, we'll be a worse team. That's obvious. You take an allstar off any team and they'd be worse. That's why that player is an allstar.

Agreed, good post. Now, about Jameer - I think he can play defense - maybe I'm the only one, but he can hustle and get a hand up - people can shoot over him, but I think he can play defense and I think he isn't bad. Against a taller point guard you'll have to give him help, but he can try and stay in front of him.

I am probably alone here, but I think Jameer can play defense and is not the liability that others think he is - I think he can be above average and I do think he can get some steals. I think his defense will improve with Stan and this team.

Even if people shoot over him they still need to make the shot and Jameer can get a hand up and get into their chest.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by obie:

by the way how is Jameer Nelson a midget? Never seen a 6 foot midget before but whatever helps your lame argument. I guess Chris Paul is a huge liability to the Hornets and they should get rid of him right? Jameer is bigger than him.

I've stood next to Jameer, and if he's a hair over 5'10" in real life, then I'm the ghost of Napoleon.

I think he is 5'11"